looking for 1973 warriors basketball games for sports documentary

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
ragin cajun
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

looking for 1973 warriors basketball games for sports documentary

Post by ragin cajun »

Greetings fellas,

I'm working on a sports documentary in Louisiana about the Beryl Shipley era Ragin Cajuns basketball squad. In my unending search for game footage i found the best way to get solid intel is to reach out to fan bases of each school. The cajuns traveled out to Hawaii to play the Warriors on march 2 and 3 1973 during the Red Rocha era. Some long time warriors fans may remember the cajuns team from back then, they were led by Beryl Shipley and had the wiry thin shooting guard Bo Lamar who would launch shots from half court at times. Through some digging i found a few articles that said all of the 1972 home games were televised and am hoping the 1973 ones were also? My first choice would be game film of the two teams but anything would be awesome-photos, clippings, audio etc. If there are some old cans of film lying around somewhere i will of course cover the conversion costs. Back in 1973 the school would likely be listed as the University of Southwestern Louisiana or just "Southwestern" but is now known as the university of Louisiana at Lafayette, or just Louisiana some times, ive found it listed in archives in all sorts of names. Any help would GREATLY APPRECIATED. I plan on contacting news stations, state archivists, UH and the list goes on and on but I'm reaching out here first in the hopes someone knows were the loot might be, thanks!

Doug Domingue
Dougdomingue@gmail.com

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: looking for 1973 warriors basketball games for sports documentary

Post by chawan_cut »

there might be some footage on the Fab Five video that came out a few years back. I think it was on DVD. Not sure who made it. I didn't get a chance to pick up a copy.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

ragin cajun
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ragin cajun »