Cal State Northridge 11pm

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
ROB T
Pine rider
Pine rider

Cal State Northridge 11pm

Post by ROB T »

If the game goes 2 to 2.5 hrs I'll be home and hopefully asleep by 2am leaving me with 4 hrs of sleep.
Watching my favorite basketball team "PRICELESS"

season ticket holder
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by season ticket holder »

That would be 3hrs sleep for me.

Can't wait!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Re: Cal State Northridge 11pm

Post by reignjah11 »

its gameday, cant wait! ive always enjoyed watching these late games, the arena is packed and the crowd really gets into it! GO WARRIORS!

Sabut20
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Sabut20 »

ROB T wrote:If the game goes 2 to 2.5 hrs I'll be home and hopefully asleep by 2am leaving me with 4 hrs of sleep.
Watching my favorite basketball team "PRICELESS"
I'm always tired the next day but it is such a great atmposhpere. It is the most like a "real" college basketball crowd that Hawaii gets all year. Besides, it's once a year. I can't wait!!!

GO BOWS!
GO BOWS!

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

hope they keep this going once they move to the big west, it might be the only national exposure they get.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

open seating, so get there early (but not before me!) see you guys there!

camarodude
Starter
Starter

Post by camarodude »

3 more hours! Can't wait! Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
I'm not drunk....I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

i wish i was at the game. if only i didnt have to wake up at 5 to get to classes tomorrow.

remind me never to register for classes before 900 ever again!
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

camarodude
Starter
Starter

Post by camarodude »

Was going to take a nap, but it just wasn't going to happen... too stoked for tonight.
I'm not drunk....I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking.

season ticket holder
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by season ticket holder »

tavarua88 wrote:hope they keep this going once they move to the big west, it might be the only national exposure they get.
Yeah they will still be in the 24hr marathon, can't get anyone else at that time spot.

Also sounds like Kanoa Leahey is on the call, good for him.

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

maybe i missed the announcement, but who's the tv crew for OC?

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

sloppy game so far, lots of turnovers, but im loving the transition game. we would be doing better had joaquim not been hit with foul trouble.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

kik050
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by kik050 »

Just got home, in time for the second half. First half sounds really sloppy, didn't see any of it.

Second half, they look awesome. Stokes and Wiseman are putting on a show. I think I expect a lot more from Vander. He could be a 20-10 type of player, just needs to watch his fouls.

Team looks confident, borderline cocky.

#23 Gonzaga next. Good game.
Hawai'i has the best fighters in the world. F___ that's all we do. --BJ Penn

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

CS-Northridge's frontcourt was the worst I've ever seen in division one. That said, Wiseman put on a show tonight. His basketball IQ is pretty advanced, and although I haven't seen too many physical or technical improvements, his speed of play dominated Northridge. Hat off to him.

Vander was basically the opposite tonight, and despite the near double-double he looked awful, even when considering the foul trouble. He needs to deal with the double much better than that.

I think our perimeter defense will be above average for a mid-major, but our interior defense will be below average.

Player ratings 1-9 (5 is average)

Shaq Stokes - 5 - A better team punishes his mistakes. But he showed a lot of creativity and potential tonight, and he should only get better. His jumpshot will become his primary weapon to set up his dribble-drive. He lacks a great first step.
Bobby Miles - 4.5 - Threw some really sloppy passes but wasn't all together bad. Had a few big moments, but mostly was there for stability.
Zane Johnson - 8 - Hicks really had a big night off of him, but his shooting and decision making were so good that Hicks' huge 22/17 night was largely irrelevant.
Trevor Wiseman - 8 - Really spurred Hawaii's press-breaking transition and beasted the glass. Just a step ahead tonight.
Vander Joaquim - 4 - His stats were deceptive against a vastly inferior frontcourt. Needs to play better than that.
Garrett Jefferson - 4 - Defended intensely but his contributions were rather muted and with a few miscues in limited time.
Hauns Brereton - 5 - So far he defends a lot better than expected, and although his offense hasn't quite caught on yet, he isn't an impediment on either side of the ball. Had three steals.
Joston Thomas - 3.5 - Tried his best Kobe impression.
Davis Rozitis - 4 - Needs to play like he's actually 7 feet. Too often a shrinking violet.

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tangomike »

seems like the team has more depth than last year. good to see

bobby miles looks much more confident than last year. he has improved

wiseman was all over the place. rebounding, starting the break. he looks good

brereton will be important as his offense gets going. seems like a smart, active player

shaq has potential to be very good.

josten thomas..... i can see why he's on the bench. he comes in and shoots a 3. he needs to do what the team needs him to do

vander..... i thought he'd be better. seems a bit over confident. when he gets the ball, he takes a long time to get his shot off. last year he seemed better at passing the ball to an open player if his shot wasn't there. i thought last year he was more of a defensive force. but it's only one game

zane was zane