basketball roster updated

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
wayoutwest
Play Maker
Play Maker
MLB: Orioles

basketball roster updated

Post by wayoutwest »

http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/roster.html?p=8

a few notes

- all the walkons from last year's roster are gone... caine, kelly, matano and schmidt. not sure why kelly left. i remember reading that he had another scholarship paying for his tuition at uh. unless we just don't have the roster space this year.

- colorado state transfer verwers will redshirt this season. too bad since i think our front court depth will be a problem this season... botez, sensley, gipson, gueye and zivanovic. zivanovic will really have to step up this season. good frontcourts will put us into foul trouble.

- conversely, we're pretty deep in the backcourt this season. no proven scorers except gibson at the two. lojeski could be a solid replacement for sottos.

- lots of competition for the point guard spot. gibson should be able to move back to the two and tatum will battle with newcomers thompson, waters and wilder for the one spot.

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

Matano joined the fball team I think.

Parkpill
Starter
Starter
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Browns

Post by Parkpill »

They may remove all the walkons from the roster every year because they have to re-tryout. Not sure how the men's team does it but thats the way the women's team is run.