MEN WIN WAC TOURNAMENT!!!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

MEN WIN WAC TOURNAMENT!!!

Post by uhwarrior23 »

pmKolten Wong is the hero w/ a 2 run walkoff hr in the 10th to give UH the win to open WAC Tourney play!
Last edited by uhwarrior23 on Sat May 29, 2010 11:56 am, edited 29 times in total.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Hawaii beats La Tech 8-7 f/10 inn

Post by HawaiianHogster »

UNFREAKENBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kolten Wong came through twice. Once to tie the game that got them to overtime and the other to win it. I was getting down on this team and the big hitters for not hitting the ball then Kolten wakes up and blows my mind away. HAHAHAHAHA!

Can they do this every game? That's a difficult way to win. I hope they can win it all.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Clutch hitting! Its good to stay in the winner's bracket. Play less games and save pitchers. Hopefully, the starters can go deep into the game and save Lenny for 9th inning saves.... Go Bows...

camarodude
Starter
Starter

Post by camarodude »

Better hurry and get your Kolt autographs now!
I'm not drunk....I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Dang.. I thought the game was over when Linsky threw the ball past the 1st baseman and La Tech rallied for a lead... Awesome comeback.. Hopefully it will give them the momentum and confidence they need to keep winning.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

uhwarriors

Re: WAC Baseball Tournament Thread

Post by uhwarriors »

UH plays NMSU on Thursday, 5/27 at 12:45 pm.

Live stream (fee):
https://www.nmnathletics.com//subs/Land ... IN=&gclid=

Radio broadcast:
http://www.espn1420am.com/

Live stats:
http://www.sidearmstats.com/hawaii/baseball/index.htm

camarodude
Starter
Starter

Post by camarodude »

Thanks for posting the link to the stat tracker. The Aggies appear to be playing a sloppy game and the Bows are really capitalizing! Hawaii up 9-3 Mid 4th

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

You can watch the game on channelsurfing.net http://channelsurfing.net/watch-ncaa-co ... ts.php?w=1

UH has the lead in the 4th inning 10-4. Now the pitching really matters. Great pitching means a win here. More hits and runs are needed for UH to make sure the Lobos don't catch up.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

As soon as UH has a good inning Aggies has one too. Score in the 7th is 10-7.

What's up with McDonald? Does he know how to hit the ball? I thought he was supposed to be a good hitter? Man, we need him to find his bat again to be able to win this tournament.
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Thu May 27, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

camarodude
Starter
Starter

Post by camarodude »

New Mexico State = Aggies
New Mexico = Lobos

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

camarodude wrote:New Mexico State = Aggies
New Mexico = Lobos
Right on.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

End of the 7th 10-7 UH is winning. This could be another barn burner. Get more runs UH.

Coach Trap might want to change the batting order for tomorrows game. Seems there are a few guys who can't seem to hit the ball.

McDonald makes the last out but not before UH scores 3 runs to make it 13-7. Go Warriors!

camarodude
Starter
Starter

Post by camarodude »

UH leads 13-7 going into Bot 8th

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

What is it with 1420am announcers? Can't say "here's the pitch, strike, ball, hit to left field, or what ever. Sometimes I hear the hit before he says there is a hit.

9th inning. Last bat for UH. Got score more runs cause the Aggies have last bat. 13-7 UH leads.

UH pitching has to spot on to win this one. Trap might want to have a couple pitchers warm up in case.

UH had their chance to score more runs but couldn't. Will 6 runs be enough to win it? It should be as long as our pitcher is spot on.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Aggies first batter 2-2 fly out numer one.

Second batter fly out number 2

Third batter 1-1 hit single

Fourth batter 3-1 walked man on 1st 2nd

Fifth batter out number three! Rainbows win!

They're doing better than I thought they would even though I knew they could win. Make any sense?