ESPN Bracket Buster

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
WackyD321
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

ESPN Bracket Buster

Post by WackyD321 »

Does anyone know who Hawaii is going to face in the ESPN Bracket Buster at the Stan Sheriff Center

Is this game going to be on ESPN or OC16 or even K5

It would suck if the game is on OC16 or K5

How come ESPN doesn't come to broadcast a Hawaii basketball game but they come to broadcast a Hawaii football game

PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

I'm pretty sure all Bracket Buster games are on ESPN. It's thier thing. And we dont know who we're playing yet, just that we're assured a home game.

WackyD321
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by WackyD321 »

Not all of the ESPN Bracket Busters are on ESPN because I remeber when Hawaii traveled to Kent State to play them.

The announcers were talking about the WAC having their first win in the Bracket Busters and I think it was 1-2 or 1-3

The other 2 orm 3 gtames that were lost wasn't showed on ESPN

So it might or might not be shown on ESPN

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

yep, only about 10 of the 40 or so games on bracket buster saturday gets broadcasted.

as for Hawaii's opponent, i dont even know what teams are elgible to participate in the event

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

There are 40 of these games? How can 80 teams be on the bubble? We shouldn't even participate.

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Post by ktownwarrior »

I think Hawaii participates because year in and year out they have a very good chance of getting on national TV for a game against a quality opponent. I like Hawaii's chances of getting on TV if they continue winning even though a UH home game has never been on TV since I became a fan (to my knowledge anyway).

UH Fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by UH Fan »

I think they announce Bracket buster teams and their matchups on January 30 or 31... like last year...

The interesting thing is that ESPN or some committee looks at possible marquis matchups and if Hawaii continues winning, they could be put into that matchup.... Imagine a home game on ESPN against someone like Gonzaga, Witchita State, Creighton, or Kent State. Wouldn't that be something... :P

It is imperative that Hawaii WINS.... to force ESPN to set up Hawaii in the marquis matchup. \:D/

By the way, here is a little observation that I posted on another thread:

If UH is on the NCAA bubble with 21 wins and say 6 losses, the committee will look at those 3 victories (over Southern Illinois, St. Marys and Oral Roberts) as QUALITY WINS.... Now, as long as Hawaii has over 20 wins, has at least 4 road wins, and wins all their games at home, Hawaii will be the ONLY WAC team with a legitimate claim to an at-large NCAA bid if they don't win the WAC tournament. NO other WAC team can claim a better non-conference record with better non-conference wins than Hawaii.... NOBODY.