Middle blocker or OH for Thomas

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Middle blocker or OH for Thomas

Post by seasider »

With the emergence of MB Dio Dante, where does Thomas fit in? Two years ago he was AA MB, last year as an LOH, he was decent as a hitter, but a very poor passer. What will coach Wilton do? As a MB, Thomas has a shot with the National Team, nada as an OH. Teamed with Lebarre at MB, the Warriors can go all the way to the Final Four. JMHO, but I feel Thomas is the best MB in the nation, and should return as MB. Dante adds dept to the best MB combo in the nation; Azenza playing like Ist team AA; Delgado and Reft pin point passing to Beckwith; more than sufficient support from Bender/Hakala at the other OH position; a great bench pushing the starters. Is this the year?

Whats up with attendance? The Stanley looks empty compared to past years. Past history vs BYU in any sport, attendance for tonight's game should be overflowing.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

I thought the attendance looked poor the last couple games as well. One thing I've noticed was the lack of the Manoa Maniacs. Are they going to get involved with our men's volleyball team?

This might sound off topic a bit, but when did Dio Dante turn into a pretty boy? Last season he almost looked like the caped crusado, well head banded crusader. It looks like he traded in his grunge look and Azehna picked it up. Pedro looks like the college kid in the movie, "Old School".

Well, back to the topic. I agree that Thomas is a much better MB than Dio Dante. I'm not sure if he's better than Kareem Abdul LaBarre at this point in time, since I haven't seen much of him this year. He might have lost a few steps. If he gets back to his old form, then sky is the limit. I did hear that he had some off the court troubles earlier this year, so it might be a reason we haven't seen much of him. Wasn't he kicked off the team at one point?

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Thomas vs Lebarre

Post by seasider »

Lebarre playing very well at this point, but hands down Thomas is the best MB in D1 volleyball...great blocker and terminator. JMHO, but Thomas will be in China for the 2008 olympics. Lebarre has a chance to make it on the Worlds's stage, but he needs to get stronger...LOL, his bench is anemic.

Grades have kept Thomas out in the past and present. Per Leahey, he will be academically eligible next week.

Speaking of Leahey, am I the only one who thinks the game has passed him by; not only in volleyball, but also for basketball and football?