2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by gopunahou »

Don’t worry HS FB Fanatic, I doubt that this is as bad as the sex scandal that rocked KSK and ruined their chances of beating SLS 15 yrs ago.

I also don’t think them losing Herbig is as big as losing Terrell would be for us.

As for the game, calls (or lack thereof) have been about even.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:39 pm Don’t worry HS FB Fanatic, I doubt that this is as bad as the sex scandal that rocked KSK and ruined their chances of beating SLS 15 yrs ago.

I also don’t think them losing Herbig is as big as losing Terrell would be for us.

@gopunahou: Yeah, I remember that scandal; shameful. Well, at the moment, St Louis is up 14-0. As you know, I'm on St Louis' side, this game. If St Louis wins, I don't see any school in State Open that can beat them. In effect, if St Louis wins tonight, it's tantamount to winning the State Open title, too.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

We were lucky that they didn’t score on that last drive. But man, was that teenybopper-loving holding call a kick in the nuts!
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:09 pm
gopunahou wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:39 pm Don’t worry HS FB Fanatic, I doubt that this is as bad as the sex scandal that rocked KSK and ruined their chances of beating SLS 15 yrs ago.

@gopunahou: Yeah, I remember that scandal; shameful. Well, at the moment, St Louis is up 14-0. As you know, I'm on St Louis' side, this game. If St Louis wins, I don't see any school in State Open that can beat them. In effect, if St Louis wins tonight, it's tantamount to winning the State Open title, too.
Do you think losing Herbig is as big as losing Terrell would be for us? If Terrell can’t play, our opponent’s chances of winning increase exponentially.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I think if the 2nd-best ILH team can’t play in the open tournament, we ought to go back to the Prep Bowl for that division.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:16 pm We were lucky that they didn’t score on that last drive. But man, was that teenybopper-loving holding call a kick in the nuts!
@gopunahou: Well, we're going to have to see what happens in the 2nd half. I'm sure St Louis coach Cal is reminding his players of what Punahou did to Kamehameha in the 2nd half of last week's game. I don't know how Kamehameha was ahead at the half. Without Herbig, St Louis' D is going to have to make-up their minds that they're not going to let Punahou back in. Botelho is probably the key. Down 14-0, you'd think Punahou will have to go with the pass-game. Botelho knows he'll have to rock Sagapolutele, and Botelho happens to be the LB whose role that is. While Herbig blitzes, just as often he stays home and watches the short stuff.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:17 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:09 pm

Do you think losing Herbig is as big as losing Terrell would be for us? If Terrell can’t play, our opponent’s chances of winning increase exponentially.
@gopunahou: No. Losing Herbig for the game, you lose half of only your LBs. Losing Terrell, you lose your entire run-game.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:30 pm I think if the 2nd-best ILH team can’t play in the open tournament, we ought to go back to the Prep Bowl for that division.
@gopunahou: Well, that's not likely to happen, right? Too many guys are enchanted by the current Open setup, where strong ILH schools and strong OIA schools are going head-to-head during regular season.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I think that last PI call (that might not have been a PI) made up for the holding call that negated Terrell’s TD. That kind of proves that the officiating is even. But we gotta build on this and let the defense continue to make SLS work as hard as they can.

gopuns
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by gopuns »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:16 pm We were lucky that they didn’t score on that last drive. But man, was that teenybopper-loving holding call a kick in the nuts!
Seen it from our sideline. It was some BS. Ref also called back a long Terrell gain as well that woulda put us in striking range to go ahead. We need to fix the state tournament format ASAP

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Fact is, a Punahou-Kahuku rematch would be much more entertaining than watching Kahuku smash Campbell again. Kahuku won't face a challenge until the state championship game, which might hurt them.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Punahou needs another Talaupapa or Lakalaka. Beefy running backs.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Does anyone know if RJ Javar will be back for Moanalua? If not, it'll sink their chances of a title.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Fourteen,

1.St.Louis 10-0 Beat Punahou 21-14.
2.Punahou 10-2 Puns are still the only team to get within 7 points or less of the Crusaders this year...twice.Season over.
3.Kahuku 8-3 DNP.Hold at three.
4.Mililani 8-4 DNP. Hold at four.
5.Hilo 12-0 Beat Konawaena for the BIIF D-I title.
6.Campbell 6-5 DNP
7.Leilehua 9-2 DNP
8.Iolani 8-2 DNP
9.Moanalua 10-1 DNP
10.Damien 8-2 SO

Two weeks until states begin,so this is actually the Week Fifteen rank as well since there are no games next weekend. I kept Punahou at No.2 because IReally do think they are the only team that I would say is on St.Louis' level in Hawaii.

Sure,Crusaders beat them twice but Punahou had a chance to win. Looking a little deeper,in the first game,St.Louis had gone ahead late by six.Punahou,got the ball and was driving. WR Eldridge got behind the Crusader defense and was an overthrown pass from tying it up with a PAT that would have put the Puns ahead by one with very little time left for St.Louis to answer. Second game, down 14-0 ,Punahou ties it up in the third quarter,before St.Louis gets the decisive score.

Punahou has four 3-star players,Kahuku has four,and Mililani has five. All three have an abundance of solid role players as well. The difference between Punahou and the top two OIA teams is that Punahou took it's four 3-stars and role players and stood toe-to-toe against St.Louis with its eleven 4 and 3-stars and had a chance to win both times.Kudos to the Punahou coaching staff and players.

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

gopuns wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:23 am
Seen it from our sideline. It was some BS. Ref also called back a long Terrell gain as well that woulda put us in striking range to go ahead. We need to fix the state tournament format ASAP
Out of curiousity. Do you think Punahou would have won if they had Hugh Brady?