2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
genks
Starter
Starter

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:41 pm
gopunahou wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:29 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:26 pm

@gopunahou: Come on, now. I know you are loyal to your alma mater, and that's how it should be. In this case, previous games do matter. The St Louis team that Punahou will play, will be the same team Kamehameha is playing. Punahou beat Kamehameha by 8, and St Louis is now beating Kamehameha by 40. We can be about 95% certain that Punahou will not beat St Louis.
I was referencing a SUPER BOWL. If previous games don't matter before that one, they shouldn't matter before our game against SLS!
@gopunahou: Again, I admire your impassioned defense of your alma mater. But let's consider the following:
Again, Punahou beat Kamehameha by only 8. In that game, Kamehameha was leading all the way into the 4th qrtr. Things swung Punahou's way only after a blocked punt.

Right now, St Louis is leading Kamehameha by 40, and it's still only 3rd qrtr. Let's please be rational about Punahou's chances against St Louis.
As you post that, Apo throws a pick 6 lol. Oh well

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:41 pm
gopunahou wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:29 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:26 pm

@gopunahou: Come on, now. I know you are loyal to your alma mater, and that's how it should be. In this case, previous games do matter. The St Louis team that Punahou will play, will be the same team Kamehameha is playing. Punahou beat Kamehameha by 8, and St Louis is now beating Kamehameha by 40. We can be about 95% certain that Punahou will not beat St Louis.
I was referencing a SUPER BOWL. If previous games don't matter before that one, they shouldn't matter before our game against SLS!
@gopunahou: Again, I admire your impassioned defense of your alma mater. But let's consider the following:
Again, Punahou beat Kamehameha by only 8. In that game, Kamehameha was leading all the way into the 4th qrtr. Things swung Punahou's way only after a blocked punt.

Right now, St Louis is leading Kamehameha by 40, and it's still only 3rd qrtr. Let's please be rational about Punahou's chances against St Louis.
Yeah, and the Dolphins CRUSHED the only team (the Steelers)--TWICE, including once in Pitt--to beat their Super Bowl opponent (the one-loss 49ers)--in San Fran. Did that matter in Super Bowl 19? If you know football, you know the answer.

Super Bowl XIX ought to prove that similar matchups (performances against common opponents) mean nothing 99.9% of the time.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic, we won by less against Farrington than Leilehua did. Does that mean Leilehua would beat us?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

1st qtr

Govs 13
Canes 0

what is happening. How does a team with that many athletes allow this when Farrington has 1 TD in 4 games?

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

At this mid point, St.Louis dominates. They will stay injury free because of jumping up big then letting the reserves play. A huge roster also helps. Punahou is coming along without Brady. Mililani beating Kahuku 32-0 is a lost. Nothing more. Right now Kahuku can finish off the OIA by beating Kapolei and Farrington. Off course they got St.Louis and Punahou. These last OPEN games Kahuku vs. St.louis, St.Louis/Mililani St.Louis/Punahou ,Punahou/Kahuku and Mililani/Piunahou are big games that could force more injuries at the end of the season. Using last week's scores to figure how much a team will win by is wrong calculations.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Common opponents mean nothing. If they did, Leilehua would beat us and Dan Marino would have a ring.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:05 pm HS Football Fanatic, we won by less against Farrington than Leilehua did. Does that mean Leilehua would beat us?
@gopunahou:
When you're talking about Farrington and Leilehua, yes: Anything can happen. Look at Farrington beating Kapolei last night. So, add Kapolei to the list. But when you're talking about St Louis, that's another matter. All Punahou can do is try to keep their losing margin as low as possible.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:41 pm 1st qtr

Govs 13
Canes 0

what is happening. How does a team with that many athletes allow this when Farrington has 1 TD in 4 games?
@genks: I would say Kapolei screwed-up on execution. Also, Farrington's O-line had a clear physical advantage. But, Kapolei's O-line still should have done a better job pass-blocking.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:44 am Common opponents mean nothing. If they did, Leilehua would beat us and Dan Marino would have a ring.
@gopunahou: Again, it doesn't matter WHO St Louis plays in Open; they're gonna win. All other comparisons are simply out the window.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:29 pm At this mid point, St.Louis dominates. They will stay injury free because of jumping up big then letting the reserves play. A huge roster also helps. Punahou is coming along without Brady. Mililani beating Kahuku 32-0 is a lost. Nothing more. Right now Kahuku can finish off the OIA by beating Kapolei and Farrington. Off course they got St.Louis and Punahou. These last OPEN games Kahuku vs. St.louis, St.Louis/Mililani St.Louis/Punahou ,Punahou/Kahuku and Mililani/Piunahou are big games that could force more injuries at the end of the season. Using last week's scores to figure how much a team will win by is wrong calculations.
@Markeke: If you're talking injuries, Kahuku can give as good as they get. They're big and physical.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Kahuku crushed Timpview, 34-7. My hope is that the reserves played during all or most of the 4th quarter.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:31 pm Kahuku crushed Timpview, 34-7. My hope is that the reserves played during all or most of the 4th quarter.
@gopunahou:
I gotta hand it you: You're very gracious for showing concern for Kahuku's starters, even though they'll pose a physical challenge for Punahou. genks thinks Punahou will beat Kahuku, and he might be right. All I know is that Kahuku has a good run game, with a big and physical O. The only player on their O who isn't big and physical is their QB. Other than him, even their blocking backs are big and physical. Kahuku also has a good D. All that's missing is a pass game. Apparently, genks thinks Punahou will pass and D their way to a win over Kahuku. I don't know if Punahou can run the ball on Kahuku.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:40 pm
gopunahou wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:31 pm Kahuku crushed Timpview, 34-7. My hope is that the reserves played during all or most of the 4th quarter.
@gopunahou:
I gotta hand it you: You're very gracious for showing concern for Kahuku's starters, even though they'll pose a physical challenge for Punahou. genks thinks Punahou will beat Kahuku, and he might be right. All I know is that Kahuku has a good run game, with a big and physical O. The only player on their O who isn't big and physical is their QB. Other than him, even their blocking backs are big and physical. Kahuku also has a good D. All that's missing is a pass game. Apparently, genks thinks Punahou will pass and D their way to a win over Kahuku. I don't know if Punahou can run the ball on Kahuku.
Yes very gracious. It probably has ZERO to do with the fact that Kahuku faces the Crusaders next week lol.

Kahuku is big and physical but execution beats that. We are big in some positions but not like last year. If we execute, we score. If our defense executes, they don’t score. Looking forward to that game.

What works well in Punahou’s favor is that they don’t see STL till pretty late in the season, giving their new qb lot of time to gain experience.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Six,

1.St.Louis 4-0 beat Kamehameha. No.4 Kahuku next.
2.Punahou 5-0 DNP. Waianae next.
3.Mililani 5-0 beat Waianae. Kamehameha next.
4.Kahuku 4-1 beat Timpview,UT. Crusaders next.
5.Campbell 2-3 beat O'Connor,AZ. No.8 Kapolei next.
6.Hilo 4-0 beat Waiakea 104-0 Move up one place.
7.Iolani 4-1 beat Kailua. Waipahu next. Move up two spots.
8.Kapolei 3-3 lost to unranked Farrington. Sabers next. Drop down two spots.
9.Damien 5-0 beat Castle. Leilehua next. Move up one.
10.Moanalua 4-0 beat Sierra Vista,NV. Aiea next. Debuts at ten.

Kamehameha drops out of the Top Ten for now.All three mainland schools fell to Hawaii teams as the win streak against out of state opponents continues.

Open head to head standing,

Mililani 4-0
St.Louis 3-0
Punahou 3-0
Kahuku 3-1
Campbell 1-3
Farrington 1-3
Kapolei 1-3
Kamehameha 0-3
Waianae 0-3

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

unpaid wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:20 am Week Six,

1.St.Louis 4-0 beat Kamehameha. No.4 Kahuku next.
2.Punahou 5-0 DNP. Waianae next.
3.Mililani 5-0 beat Waianae. Kamehameha next.
4.Kahuku 4-1 beat Timpview,UT. Crusaders next.
5.Campbell 2-3 beat O'Connor,AZ. No.8 Kapolei next.
6.Hilo 4-0 beat Waiakea 104-0 Move up one place.
7.Iolani 4-1 beat Kailua. Waipahu next. Move up two spots.
8.Kapolei 3-3 lost to unranked Farrington. Sabers next. Drop down two spots.
9.Damien 5-0 beat Castle. Leilehua next. Move up one.
10.Moanalua 4-0 beat Sierra Vista,NV. Aiea next. Debuts at ten.

Kamehameha drops out of the Top Ten for now.All three mainland schools fell to Hawaii teams as the win streak against out of state opponents continues.

Open head to head standing,

Mililani 4-0
St.Louis 3-0
Punahou 3-0
Kahuku 3-1
Campbell 1-3
Farrington 1-3
Kapolei 1-3
Kamehameha 0-3
Waianae 0-3
That Hilo score is so crazy, unless the back ups kept scoring, there’s no need for that