2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by Neighbor »

So I think we can all agree Lahainaluna and Kapaa should move up to D1, although it's tough since MIL D2 and KIF is already so damn small. I wonder what they'll change for next season

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:46 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:03 pm Also that’s what you get Kahuku for flying your guys flag above the new gym we building on Kalaepohaku
@EITSwarrior: Really? Well, that is kind of uncool. I mean, I was rooting for Kahuku High, but not that they should have gone on St Louis School's campus and done that.
I think it was just one of the construction workers. The new gym is still under construction.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Neighbor wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:57 pm So I think we can all agree Lahainaluna and Kapaa should move up to D1, although it's tough since MIL D2 and KIF is already so damn small. I wonder what they'll change for next season
@Neighbor: Well, I agree that Lahainaluna should move-up, but not Kapaa. I mean, we don't want to over-respond; I think a gradualistic approach might be better. For now, move only Lahainaluna up.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:24 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:03 pm Also that’s what you get Kahuku for flying your guys flag above the new gym we building on Kalaepohaku
@EITSwarrior: Really? Well, that is kind of uncool. I mean, I was rooting for Kahuku High, but not that they should have gone on St Louis School's campus and done that.
I think it was just one of the construction workers. The new gym is still under construction.
@EITSwarrior: Oh, I see. So it must have been an overzealous Kahuku alumnus, then. Both St Louis School and Kahuku High seem to have strong alumni followings. I mean, I see Kahuku High t-shirts and St Louis School t-shirts all over the place, and I'm talking about adults wearing them, not teens. People wearing them look like they're in their 30s to 40s, many of them. I guess it's, "Red Raider for life," and, "Crusader for life." Even on this message-board, there are a number of Kahuku alumni and St Louis alumni. Amazing phenomenon.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:30 pm

@EITSwarrior: Oh, I see. So it must have been an overzealous Kahuku alumnus, then. Both St Louis School and Kahuku High seem to have strong alumni followings. I mean, I see Kahuku High t-shirts and St Louis School t-shirts all over the place, and I'm talking about adults wearing them, not teens. People wearing them look like they're in their 30s to 40s, many of them. I guess it's, "Red Raider for life," and, "Crusader for life." Even on this message-board, there are a number of Kahuku alumni and St Louis alumni. Amazing phenomenon.
Yeah I didn’t like Kahuku when I was attending Saint Louis. 2001-05. It was kinda during the end of our dominance and beginning of the “dark time” lol. Kahuku beat us in the title game twice during my time there including the 03 heartbreaking missed FG loss. And they pretty much dominated in the following years. But I’ve grown to respect them. The team and the community are loyal and passionate just like us at Saint Louis. As much as I love my Crusaders dominance these past few years I hope Kahuku can get back on their feet. Hawaii high school football is better when there’s multiple good teams.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:19 pm

Yeah I didn’t like Kahuku when I was attending Saint Louis. 2001-05. It was kinda during the end of our dominance and beginning of the “dark time” lol. Kahuku beat us in the title game twice during my time there including the 03 heartbreaking missed FG loss. And they pretty much dominated in the following years. But I’ve grown to respect them. The team and the community are loyal and passionate just like us at Saint Louis. As much as I love my Crusaders dominance these past few years I hope Kahuku can get back on their feet. Hawaii high school football is better when there’s multiple good teams.
@EITSwarrior: That's very generous of you, and shows a lot of class. You are St Louis School's version of gopunahou. Like you, he has a generous attitude towards Kahuku High, even though that school is a football rival of his alma mater, too.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:28 pm

@EITSwarrior: That's very generous of you, and shows a lot of class. You are St Louis School's version of gopunahou. Like you, he has a generous attitude towards Kahuku High, even though that school is a football rival of his alma mater, too.
Kahuku I’m cool with, but screw Punahou and Iolani 😂😂😂😂 JK. Nah but forreal screw em 😂 More so Punahou. FYI this regards only football.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:43 pm

Kahuku I’m cool with, but screw Punahou and Iolani 😂😂😂😂 JK. Nah but forreal screw em 😂 More so Punahou. FYI this regards only football.
@EITSwarrior: Well, I don't care for Punahou School and Iolani School myself, believe you me. But gopunahou is very gracious about it, so I've posted to him a number of times that his graciousness as an alumnus reflects well on his alma mater. Now, to be perfectly honest, I don't have the most charitable feelings about St Louis School, either. I do resent their margin of victory last night, and I do resent that this is their fourth straight title. But, they don't rip-off as many league/state titles in other sports as Punahou School and Iolani School do. Of course, one reason is that it's a boys' school, so they have no girls ripping-off girls' sports titles. So, as we move further away from football season, my resentment of St Louis School often dissipates somewhat (but not completely). But, my dislike of Punahou School and Iolani School continues unabated, because their boys and girls seem to keep ripping-off titles.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:05 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:43 pm

@EITSwarrior: Well, I don't care for Punahou School and Iolani School myself, believe you me. But gopunahou is very gracious about it, so I've posted to him a number of times that his graciousness as an alumnus reflects well on his alma mater. Now, to be perfectly honest, I don't have the most charitable feelings about St Louis School, either. I do resent their margin of victory last night, and I do resent that this is their fourth straight title. But, they don't rip-off as many league/state titles in other sports as Punahou School and Iolani School do. Of course, one reason is that it's a boys' school, so they have no girls ripping-off girls' sports titles. So, as we move further away from football season, my resentment of St Louis School often dissipates somewhat (but not completely). But, my dislike of Punahou School and Iolani School continues unabated, because their boys and girls seem to keep ripping-off titles.
Whoa you taking it deep.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:43 pm Kahuku I’m cool with, but screw Punahou and Iolani 😂😂😂😂 JK. Nah but forreal screw em 😂 More so Punahou. FYI this regards only football.
Holy crap, you hate Iolani more than Punahou! We ain't the school that once tried to dunk on 8-foot rims by playing D2. :D Also, Iolani get more elitists than Punahou. :D
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

BTW, did anyone see the Mater Dei-Bosco game? It was like a combination of Super Bowls 49 and 51, with the ending of our 2014 game against Mililani.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Neighbor wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:57 pm So I think we can all agree Lahainaluna and Kapaa should move up to D1, although it's tough since MIL D2 and KIF is already so damn small. I wonder what they'll change for next season
Well definitely Lahainaluna needs to move up. Their island has 2 D1 teams. Maybe switch with Maui High. With Kapaa, it's a 3 team island and all are D2 so I think it's a good placement.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:36 am
EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:43 pm Kahuku I’m cool with, but screw Punahou and Iolani 😂😂😂😂 JK. Nah but forreal screw em 😂 More so Punahou. FYI this regards only football.
Holy crap, you hate Iolani more than Punahou! We ain't the school that once tried to dunk on 8-foot rims by playing D2. :D Also, Iolani get more elitists than Punahou. :D
@gopunahou: Well, if I could butt-in here, I mean, Iolani School is probably more elitist academically than is Punahou School, but not by much. Let's not forget that Punahou School is also an elitist school.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

No I hate Punahou more than Iolani. I think I can speak for the rest of the ILH with confidence and say that Punahou is the least liked.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:03 pm
No I hate Punahou more than Iolani. I think I can speak for the rest of the ILH with confidence and say that Punahou is the least liked.
@EITSwarrior: Well, I'm not necessarily with the ILH, but you certainly spoke for me. I do in fact like Punahou School the least, and I like Iolani School the "second least." Interestingly, I have a friend who's a Moanalua alumnus, so, he's with the OIA. Anyway, he told me just last month that he hates St Louis the most. I said, "Even more than Punahou?" He said yes. He said he hates St Louis the most because they always win in football. I told him I'd rather have them than Punahou. I didn't tell him the reason, but it's that Punahou School wins more titles in all sports than St Louis School. About two years ago, I mentioned on one of the threads in this High School Sports section that I had a colleague who's a Mililani alumnus, and he said he hates Punahou "because they win too much." (His actual words, so I've set them off in quotes.) Obviously, he too was talking about all sports, not just football.