2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:59 pm Each game is a different animal.

Crusaders smash Farrington, I think allowing less than 5 yards of actual offense. Only a screwed up kick return allowed them to score.

Crusaders struggle with Kapolei, eventually bringing starters back in to put the game away.

Farrington beats Kapolei 13-0 lol
Don't forget, Leilehua beat Farrington by more than we did. They also played Kailua as we did but won by 26 points less than we did when we faced them.

That ought to tell certain users that the common opponents fallacy never works.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:47 pm
genks wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:59 pm Each game is a different animal.

Crusaders smash Farrington, I think allowing less than 5 yards of actual offense. Only a screwed up kick return allowed them to score.

Crusaders struggle with Kapolei, eventually bringing starters back in to put the game away.

Farrington beats Kapolei 13-0 lol
Don't forget, Leilehua beat Farrington by more than we did. They also played Kailua as we did but won by 26 points less than we did when we faced them.

That ought to tell certain users that the common opponents fallacy never works.
I should’ve also mentioned that was all last season, not this year. We haven’t played Farrington yet

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Markeke wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:31 pm As the Castle Moanalua game went, the total game plan by Hao was the same as when he implemented it at Kahuku 2015 State run. It's uses a versitle runner with a stout line and big blocking backs. It's a Stanford play sets. The runner chose the hole to run thru. 4 yard minimum keeps the ball going. Eventually yardage gets bigger or a short pass incoporated.
As for Farrington, they will give Kahuku the hardest challenge. Hey have the bulk to make a stand. On offense, the line is massive and will give Kahuku a dose of their medicine. Kahuku by 7. As for St.Louis, a learning experience. I really look for a rematch with Mililani. Neutral Aloha stadium. Remember it's a chess match at the end of season. Kahuku can lose both to StL.and Punahou and be in the States. With OIA Kapolei and Farrington left, I see them as #2 in the start of OIA championship. Key words, stay healthy. Fight another day.
@Markeke: I think Kahuku over Farrington by 14. Farrington's got that thick O-line, but I think Kahuku has a better pass-game than Farrington. Also, I think Farrington's defensive front-seven will have a harder time against Kahuku's run game than Kahuku's defensive front-seven will have against Farrington's run game. Kahuku uses those big blocking-backs, and they also have a big RB. Kahuku by 7 seems a little too close.
It seems likely that Kahuku will face Mililani again; I think Kahuku should play smashmouth, just as they did against Campbell. And, I'm wondering whether Kahuku might be able to upset Punahou. Punahou seems to be a quick-strike pass-oriented team, so keep their O off the field. What better way than to play clock-eating smashmouth ball. But: Can Kahuku run on Punahou? Are Kahuku's O-line and blocking-backs big enough to push-back Punahou's defensive front-seven?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:49 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:36 pm
genks wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Well one way the Kam defense doesn’t get worn down is if Kam is able to run on Farrington. Kam would also love to grind out yards and pound the ball. We’ll see how it goes. Kam again has smaller backs. Tough guys but not big power RBs like Kahuku. I’m not 100% sure who will be better running the ball but I do know that Kam has the better defense. Interesting match up.
@genks: Well, Kamehameha's run game has sucked, the past several games. Kamehameha does have a very decent O-line; perhaps they could run the ball on Farrington. Their RB is Clemente, and like you said, he's not a power back, but he is fast. I think this might be one game that Kamehameha's D is actually looking forward to. Their D might be thinking, "For once we're playing someone that our sucky O can actually move the ball on, and score on. This takes some pressure off of us." Yet, how bad is Farrington's D? They held Kapolei to just 8 points, right? What I'm also interested in is how Kamehameha's D-line deals with Farrington's #75, the 6'6" 422-lb O-lineman. Double-team? Take-out his legs? The kid is huge.
Kam’s run game has been poop down but they played Kahuku, Punahou, St Louis, and put points up against Fagaitua. I don’t think Farrington’s defense is anywhere near those 4 teams

I almost want to throw stats from the Kapolei game out the window because somehow Farrington just has Kapolei’s number. It’s so strange. Even when Kapolei had that super team with Taulia, those receivers, all those LBs with D1 offers, Myron Tagovailoa Amosa, etc. Farrington beat them mainly with Faamatau. Even Waianae was able to shut down Faamatau with less talent than Kapolei. But Farrington did look good against Kapolei.

That giant Lineman at Farrington? I guess gotta scheme for that guy. Can’t let him go hat on a hat
@genks: Well, don't be deceived by the points Kamehameha put-up against Fagaitua; 14 of those points were pick-sixes returned by the secondary, so they weren't scored against Fagaitua's D. Is Fagaitua's D better than Farrington's D?
Finally, I'm fascinated by how Kamehameha's DC game-plans for Farrington's #75. What do you do against a 6'6" 422-lb lineman on an O that runs the ball on most plays? Kapolei's DC didn't seem to have an answer. I'm very sure Kamehameha doesn't have a D-lineman anywhere near that size. I doubt any school does. Does Kamehameha's DC take the fattest O-lineman the school has and have him line-up in front of #75, just for this game? Probably not, right?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:51 pm
Markeke wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:31 pm As the Castle Moanalua game went, the total game plan by Hao was the same as when he implemented it at Kahuku 2015 State run. It's uses a versitle runner with a stout line and big blocking backs. It's a Stanford play sets. The runner chose the hole to run thru. 4 yard minimum keeps the ball going. Eventually yardage gets bigger or a short pass incoporated.
As for Farrington, they will give Kahuku the hardest challenge. Hey have the bulk to make a stand. On offense, the line is massive and will give Kahuku a dose of their medicine. Kahuku by 7. As for St.Louis, a learning experience. I really look for a rematch with Mililani. Neutral Aloha stadium. Remember it's a chess match at the end of season. Kahuku can lose both to StL.and Punahou and be in the States. With OIA Kapolei and Farrington left, I see them as #2 in the start of OIA championship. Key words, stay healthy. Fight another day.
Kahuku is always very dangerous and very tough. I always get excited when my boys line up against Kahuku because it’s such an exciting match up. Can’t ever count Kahuku out against anyone.
@genks: Umm, not this year. For one thing, Kahuku got blown-out by Mililani. I agree that you can't Kahuku out against, say, Punahou. But you can count them out against St Louis. You can count every and any school out against St Louis this year.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:51 pm
genks wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:51 pm
Kahuku is always very dangerous and very tough. I always get excited when my boys line up against Kahuku because it’s such an exciting match up. Can’t ever count Kahuku out against anyone.
@genks: Umm, not this year. For one thing, Kahuku got blown-out by Mililani. I agree that you can't count Kahuku out against, say, Punahou. But you can count them out against St Louis. You can count every and any school out against St Louis this year.
(Sorry, this is a repeat of the previous post. Corrected a typo, but system wouldn't allow me to delete previous post.)

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:00 pm (Sorry, this is a repeat of the previous post. Corrected a typo, but system wouldn't allow me to delete previous post.)
It’s teenybopper that certain sites don’t give users the opportunity to delete posts that they wish to delete.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:21 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:00 pm (Sorry, this is a repeat of the previous post. Corrected a typo, but system wouldn't allow me to delete previous post.)
It’s teenybopper that certain sites don’t give users the opportunity to delete posts that they wish to delete.
@gopunahou: I've noticed that after a certain amount of time elapses, and/or you logout, then the system won't let you logout. But, if the post is still "fresh," there's an "x" on the upper-right corner that lets you delete. I found my typo too late.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

@Markeke: I think Kahuku over Farrington by 14. Farrington's got that thick O-line, but I think Kahuku has a better pass-game than Farrington. Also, I think Farrington's defensive front-seven will have a harder time against Kahuku's run game than Kahuku's defensive front-seven will have against Farrington's run game. Kahuku uses those big blocking-backs, and they also have a big RB. Kahuku by 7 seems a little too close.
It seems likely that Kahuku will face Mililani again; I think Kahuku should play smashmouth, just as they did against Campbell. And, I'm wondering whether Kahuku might be able to upset Punahou. Punahou seems to be a quick-strike pass-oriented team, so keep their O off the field. What better way than to play clock-eating smashmouth ball. But: Can Kahuku run on Punahou? Are Kahuku's O-line and blocking-backs big enough to push-back Punahou's defensive front-seven?
[/quote]
Actually 14 is a better spread. Plus I didn't take into consideration that the game is at Kahuku. Plus don't try to convince genks or gopunahou that it's no worries against Kahuku. Like I said the Mililani game was a very good "we focus" moment. The progress from that time on has been good. Either way every team in the Open expects Kahuku to show up. We are waiting for that one game that Adolpho finally emerges.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Markeke wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:38 pm Actually 14 is a better spread. Plus I didn't take into consideration that the game is at Kahuku. Plus don't try to convince genks or gopunahou that it's no worries against Kahuku. Like I said the Mililani game was a very good "we focus" moment. The progress from that time on has been good. Either way every team in the Open expects Kahuku to show up. We are waiting for that one game that Adolpho finally emerges.
I’m never taking Kahuku lightly. We’ve only beaten them twice this millennium.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:39 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:36 pm

@genks: Well, Kamehameha's run game has sucked, the past several games. Kamehameha does have a very decent O-line; perhaps they could run the ball on Farrington. Their RB is Clemente, and like you said, he's not a power back, but he is fast. I think this might be one game that Kamehameha's D is actually looking forward to. Their D might be thinking, "For once we're playing someone that our sucky O can actually move the ball on, and score on. This takes some pressure off of us." Yet, how bad is Farrington's D? They held Kapolei to just 8 points, right? What I'm also interested in is how Kamehameha's D-line deals with Farrington's #75, the 6'6" 422-lb O-lineman. Double-team? Take-out his legs? The kid is huge.
Kam’s run game has been poop down but they played Kahuku, Punahou, St Louis, and put points up against Fagaitua. I don’t think Farrington’s defense is anywhere near those 4 teams

I almost want to throw stats from the Kapolei game out the window because somehow Farrington just has Kapolei’s number. It’s so strange. Even when Kapolei had that super team with Taulia, those receivers, all those LBs with D1 offers, Myron Tagovailoa Amosa, etc. Farrington beat them mainly with Faamatau. Even Waianae was able to shut down Faamatau with less talent than Kapolei. But Farrington did look good against Kapolei.

That giant Lineman at Farrington? I guess gotta scheme for that guy. Can’t let him go hat on a hat
@genks: Well, don't be deceived by the points Kamehameha put-up against Fagaitua; 14 of those points were pick-sixes returned by the secondary, so they weren't scored against Fagaitua's D. Is Fagaitua's D better than Farrington's D?
Finally, I'm fascinated by how Kamehameha's DC game-plans for Farrington's #75. What do you do against a 6'6" 422-lb lineman on an O that runs the ball on most plays? Kapolei's DC didn't seem to have an answer. I'm very sure Kamehameha doesn't have a D-lineman anywhere near that size. I doubt any school does. Does Kamehameha's DC take the fattest O-lineman the school has and have him line-up in front of #75, just for this game? Probably not, right?
Not sure how you gameplan for that giant guy but
I’m sure you need to.

I do agree that Kam’s offense is not good at all. But I’m thinking Farrington’s defense isn’t as good as Kam’s defense. I’d guess a low scoring game, lots of defense.

We are also judging Farrington’s offense on what they did be Kapolei, who does have athletes but plays awful defense. We can look at Farrington who had 1 TD in 4 games, Kam put up points against Kahuku. I know it wasn’t all their starters but I’m sure Kahuku’s 2nd team defense is better than Farrington’s 1st team.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:38 pm @Markeke: I think Kahuku over Farrington by 14. Farrington's got that thick O-line, but I think Kahuku has a better pass-game than Farrington. Also, I think Farrington's defensive front-seven will have a harder time against Kahuku's run game than Kahuku's defensive front-seven will have against Farrington's run game. Kahuku uses those big blocking-backs, and they also have a big RB. Kahuku by 7 seems a little too close.
Actually 14 is a better spread. Plus I didn't take into consideration that the game is at Kahuku. Plus don't try to convince genks or gopunahou that it's no worries against Kahuku. Like I said the Mililani game was a very good "we focus" moment. The progress from that time on has been good. Either way every team in the Open expects Kahuku to show up. We are waiting for that one game that Adolpho finally emerges.
[/quote]

@Markeke: Actually, I figured 14 without even knowing where the game will be played. I'm just thinking Kahuku football team, period.
I do agree that gopunahou can't take Kahuku lightly, but genks can. I mean, let's face it: No school will touch St Louis this year.
As for Adolpho, well, will he emerge? Looks like Mililani QB Agbayani has; he had like 230 yds passing, the last game he played.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 pm
Markeke wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:38 pm Actually 14 is a better spread. Plus I didn't take into consideration that the game is at Kahuku. Plus don't try to convince genks or gopunahou that it's no worries against Kahuku. Like I said the Mililani game was a very good "we focus" moment. The progress from that time on has been good. Either way every team in the Open expects Kahuku to show up. We are waiting for that one game that Adolpho finally emerges.
I’m never taking Kahuku lightly. We’ve only beaten them twice this millennium.
@gopunahou: When it comes to football, I don't think the past--especially the last 19 years--is any indication of the future. It's, what players do you have this year? What happened five or more years ago doesn't matter, because the players on the team this year weren't playing then. What's worrisome for Kahuku is that their secondary isn't all that good, while Punahou is a pass-oriented team.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:14 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:39 pm

Not sure how you gameplan for that giant guy but
I’m sure you need to.

I do agree that Kam’s offense is not good at all. But I’m thinking Farrington’s defense isn’t as good as Kam’s defense. I’d guess a low scoring game, lots of defense.

We are also judging Farrington’s offense on what they did be Kapolei, who does have athletes but plays awful defense. We can look at Farrington who had 1 TD in 4 games, Kam put up points against Kahuku. I know it wasn’t all their starters but I’m sure Kahuku’s 2nd team defense is better than Farrington’s 1st team.
@genks: Kahuku's second-string D is better than Farrington's first-string D? Wow, that sucks, on Farrington's part. This might be Kamehameha's chance to actually accomplish something on O.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:07 am
Markeke wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:38 pm
@Markeke: Actually, I figured 14 without even knowing where the game will be played. I'm just thinking Kahuku football team, period.
I do agree that gopunahou can't take Kahuku lightly, but genks can. I mean, let's face it: No school will touch St Louis this year.
As for Adolpho, well, will he emerge? Looks like Mililani QB Agbayani has; he had like 230 yds passing, the last game he played.
Well when Mililani was leading Waianae in the 4th, 37-6..York still had Agbayani in tossing 47 yd td to Gibson.?? He got rested when it was 44-6. Umm, that's chancing things. In any case, unfinished business with Mil at Aloha. As for the Kahuku / StL. match up, what can I say. Also you mentioned Kahuku secondary. Kaniho is lights out and the others have lots of experience. Kaniho has faced off Tua,Milton,Taulia,Gabriel,Cordero and Delaura in the past 4 years. That's playing time not bench. In any case he is the best corner in the State. But yes against StL. so many weapons.