2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by unpaid »

Just noted on the ocregister website that Darnell Arceneaux has left his job as OC at Servite Hs,Anaheim,CA to take an AD job in the islands. The press release from Servite did not say which Hawaii school he was going to. He played/coached at St.Louis and coached at Mililani. Anybody got scoops on this move?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

unpaid wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:14 pm Just noted on the ocregister website that Darnell Arceneaux has left his job as OC at Servite Hs,Anaheim,CA to take an AD job in the islands. The press release from Servite did not say which Hawaii school he was going to. He played/coached at St.Louis and coached at Mililani. Anybody got scoops on this move?
@unpaid:
I really have no idea, but it makes you wonder: Why wouldn't it be St Louis? He's an alumnus.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:07 am
unpaid wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:14 pm Just noted on the ocregister website that Darnell Arceneaux has left his job as OC at Servite Hs,Anaheim,CA to take an AD job in the islands. The press release from Servite did not say which Hawaii school he was going to. He played/coached at St.Louis and coached at Mililani. Anybody got scoops on this move?
@unpaid:
I really have no idea, but it makes you wonder: Why wouldn't it be St Louis? He's an alumnus.
For all we know, it could be Punahou. That’s where his son graduated. Helped us win the 2018 BB state championship.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:23 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:07 am
@unpaid:
For all we know, it could be Punahou. That’s where his son graduated. Helped us win the 2018 BB state championship.
@gopunahou: Well, I guess it could be, but I get the impression that Punahou School would sooner hire a Punahou alumnus. After all, being an AD requires administrative skill; you don't have to be a great athlete or coach to be a good AD. I could see Punahou hiring Arceneaux as football HC, if Ane were retiring. By the way, I didn't even know Arceneaux had a son who graduated Punahou. Well, let's face it: Punahou School is a strong academic school. But, St Louis isn't bad, though not as strong academically as Punahou. I mean, they're both private schools. I kind of have an admiration for people who send their kids to public schools. To this day, I admire Howard Dashefsky, the former UH baseball star, and former TV sports anchor. He sent his daughter to Kailua High, and she was a cheerleader there. Dashefsky obviously didn't feel that Kailua High, as a public school, wasn't good enough for his daughter. I'm not trying to cut down your alma mater as a private school, but I simply admire parents who are willing to put their trust in public schools. I just admire that. There's something refreshingly egalitarian about it. Besides, as a taxpayer, Dashefsky already paid for his daughter's education via state taxes. He obviously wasn't about to shell-out more for private-school tuition. So, Dashefsky got his tax-money's worth.

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

Arcenaux is going to be the Athletic Director at Waialua HS

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Dog 96707 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:18 am Arcenaux is going to be the Athletic Director at Waialua HS
Can you be the AD and coach at a school? Because I think there is a rule against that. Regardless, Waialua should keep Barit. The dude won an OIA D2 title over there.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:33 pm
Dog 96707 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:18 am Arcenaux is going to be the Athletic Director at Waialua HS
Can you be the AD and coach at a school? Because I think there is a rule against that. Regardless, Waialua should keep Barit. The dude won an OIA D2 title over there.
@gopunahou: That's a good question. Are you sure such a rule exists? What about Say at Aiea? Wasn't he AD and football HC at the same time? What about Dick Englar at Nanakuli? Wasn't he AD and football HC at the same time? That's the OIA. What about the ILH, too? Wasn't there a time at your alma mater when Ralph Martinson was both AD and football HC? Has a new rule been instituted in either or both leagues?

Going back to Waialua, I wonder if Barit might see Arceneaux as something of a threat. Might Barit think Arceneaux might try to upstage him or try to force him out? Is there a possibility that Arceneaux wants to be football HC? Might that be something he envisions in the long run? Then, how long does he plan to stay at Waialua High? So many questions; so many possible permutations.