2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by gopunahou »

I know hardly anyone will pay attention to D2, but since Pac-Five is the only ILH team in that division, wouldn't it make sense for them to play the ILH's 3rd-place team for a berth for states? I mean, just giving them a birth (even though they might not fare well against their D2 competition) is weak sauce.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:02 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:34 pm
genks wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:00 pm I would never ever count wins before they are earned. That’s a fast track to losing. Brady was a really good player and it’s really sad that his season ended with an injury. But Punahou and Coach Ane can never be over looked. They always come to play hard and are always very skilled and well coached. Remember, we only saw Brady come in when Barber was hurt. Who knows how good the new guy will be. With a few games under his belt he could be great.
@genks: Well, that's true. But, St Louis still remains the favorite. I mean, before Brady got hurt, I was about 90% certain St Louis would take ILH Open. Now that he's out, I'm about 95% certain. Who's the new Punahou QB? Something like Sagapolutele? Pretty good for a freshman. But, I would still much rather be St Louis than Punahou.
Sagapolutele's got better mobility than Brady. What he needs is as good of a connection with our skill players as Brady had.
@gopunahou: What? Brady was good on the run, and now you're saying Sagapolutele, a freshman, is even more mobile? Now you're really stirring my anti-Pun juices. OK, St Louis D: If you're reading this, you know what to do when you play Punahou. You're going to have to get after Sagapolutele and whip his behind just as fiercely as you would have whipped Brady's. Don't let Sagapolutele get comfortable back there; get into his head. Botelho and Herbig: Kick butt. And, I still haven't heard much about St Louis' DEs.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:07 pm I know hardly anyone will pay attention to D2, but since Pac-Five is the only ILH team in that division, wouldn't it make sense for them to play the ILH's 3rd-place team for a berth for states? I mean, just giving them a birth (even though they might not fare well against their D2 competition) is weak sauce.
@gopunahou: Nice try. You mean, I assume, the ILH's 2nd-place D1 team. Certainly you weren't angling for Punahou to go to States? But, you're right: It's ridiculous to have only 1 team in D2. So Pac-Five can forfeit all its games, and still be ILH D2 champ, and go to States as such? (There's no other team in ILH D2.) That would be a travesty. If Iolani can play in D1, so can Pac-Five. This year, ILH D2 should have been eliminated altogether. Pac-Five should have been forced to play in D1. I don't think Pac-Five is as small physically as Iolani is. Iolani is manning-up in D1, Pac-Five should be forced to do the same.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Markeke wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:55 am
genks wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:04 pm Finally game night tomorrow!!! Can’t wait! I know my boys can’t wait to get out there and play. Last year Kapolei made the game tough. They have some great athletes, and that very very athletic receiver, forget his name but he’s a playmaker. I’m looking for a serious pass rush. I’m looking at a line that I’m sure is eager to prove that they can get after the qb without Gino and Tui. Expect greatness as usual from Jordan and Nick. I’d like to see at least 1 defensive TD. They had one in most games last year. Always respect, never fear, let’s goooooooo!!!!
Well I think StL. by a minimum 5 tds. Get up quick then let the reserves play. Can't let injuries happen.
Dude come on that’s crazy

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:34 pm
Markeke wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:55 am
genks wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:04 pm Finally game night tomorrow!!! Can’t wait! I know my boys can’t wait to get out there and play. Last year Kapolei made the game tough. They have some great athletes, and that very very athletic receiver, forget his name but he’s a playmaker. I’m looking for a serious pass rush. I’m looking at a line that I’m sure is eager to prove that they can get after the qb without Gino and Tui. Expect greatness as usual from Jordan and Nick. I’d like to see at least 1 defensive TD. They had one in most games last year. Always respect, never fear, let’s goooooooo!!!!
Well I think StL. by a minimum 5 tds. Get up quick then let the reserves play. Can't let injuries happen.
Dude come on that’s crazy
@genks: Is it? St Louis is unreal on both sides of the ball.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic, I was at the Farrington game. He did a good job of escaping the pocket, even though he took a couple of sacks. Either Farrington can’t tackle or John-Keawe is more elusive than people think.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Get this--St. Louis's first offensive play resulted in a turnover

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:41 pm HS Football Fanatic, I was at the Farrington game. He did a good job of escaping the pocket, even though he took a couple of sacks. Either Farrington can’t tackle or John-Keawe is more elusive than people think.
@gopunahou: Well, it does look like Farrington's D sucks. Leilehua milked them for 35 points, and then your alma mater milked them for 31. It's looking like Farrington indeed can't tackle.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks, going back to the Kamehameha-Kahuku game--at least that blown TD call didn't happen in a title game, because it did when Nebraska played FSU to decide the 1993 college football title.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:44 pm Get this--St. Louis's first offensive play resulted in a turnover
@gopunahou: Don't get my hopes up. I might dislike Punahou School, but I'd rather have Kapolei High than St Louis School. Dare I say it? Go 'Canes!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:50 pm
gopunahou wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:44 pm Get this--St. Louis's first offensive play resulted in a turnover
@gopunahou: Don't get my hopes up. I might dislike Punahou School, but I'd rather have Kapolei High than St Louis School. Dare I say it? Go 'Canes!
It would do Kapolei wonders if they can take a lead on St. Louis.

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

gopunahou wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:50 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:50 pm
It would do Kapolei wonders if they can take a lead on St. Louis.
I seen that Kapolei JV beat St. Louis. I know it’s JV but that’s kind of shocking.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

St Louis JV actually won 41-8 or something like that

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

1st offensive play was a fumble, offense looking excellent other than that. Receivers making plays, Jayden looks stronger than last year, deeeeeep on receivers. Offensive drives are so short. Starters out before half time

teamhawaii
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

genks wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:59 pm St Louis JV actually won 41-8 or something like that
Thanks for the correction. Star Advertiser reported incorrectly than in their game notes smh. I