2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by unpaid »

DeLaura doesn't look right on his throws. That left shoulder looks like it's bothering him.Another pick off DeLaura.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Herbig with another sack.STA punts.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Big gain Roman Wilson.tempo passing now.STL driving.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Nice hurdle to get out of bounds.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Personal foul for hurdling? Hmmmm.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Huge catch by Silva.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

STL on the 25.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

STA gets a sack.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

STA gets the ball back...gonna run out the clock now.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

STA 35,STL 19 final.I was concerned about St.Thomas Aquinas' run game. St.Louis held it in check until halfway into the second quarter,and STA finally startedgrinding it out.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

I’m sad for the loss, but my heart breaks for the boys. It’s been a great season, I know they wanted this win more than anything. Hope the seniors find success wherever they go, and hope the returnees use this a fuel to come back stronger. Hope none of the injuries are severe. Iona didn’t look good.

Two alley cats in the same alley as they say, sometimes you run into a bigger cat.

St Thomas Aquinas is an excellent team. They played really well and really tough. Coaches really well. Respect to them.

Wasn’t a good performance, but hope this game will open doors for more Hawaii kids. More attention, more exposure, more scholarships.

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

genks wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:54 pm I’m sad for the loss, but my heart breaks for the boys. It’s been a great season, I know they wanted this win more than anything. Hope the seniors find success wherever they go, and hope the returnees use this a fuel to come back stronger. Hope none of the injuries are severe. Iona didn’t look good.

Two alley cats in the same alley as they say, sometimes you run into a bigger cat.

St Thomas Aquinas is an excellent team. They played really well and really tough. Coaches really well. Respect to them.

Wasn’t a good performance, but hope this game will open doors for more Hawaii kids. More attention, more exposure, more scholarships.
For what it's worth, I thought St. Louis represented Hawaii well (Minus the personal fouls & late hits)

If there was a team to play a top mainland team, this St. Louis team was it. I wished they played in August though instead of December.

I give them credit for taking the challenge. It also shows how far St. Louis has separated themselves from Hawaii high school football with the exception of Punahou.

I'm looking forward to see them schedule a competitive non league schedule next year, maybe 2 mainland opponents that are Top 50. Maxpreps dropped them 7 spots after that loss, which was kind of harsh considering STA was #3 in the nation. But that shows how much they think of Hawaii high school football.

After looking at that game though, I see ILH being a toss up between them and Punahou. OIA teams are going to take a drop off in talent and I think that will make the OIA competitive with each other but still far behind the ILH.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

teamhawaii wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:23 am
genks wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:54 pm I’m sad for the loss, but my heart breaks for the boys. It’s been a great season, I know they wanted this win more than anything. Hope the seniors find success wherever they go, and hope the returnees use this a fuel to come back stronger. Hope none of the injuries are severe. Iona didn’t look good.

For what it's worth, I thought St. Louis represented Hawaii well (Minus the personal fouls & late hits)

If there was a team to play a top mainland team, this St. Louis team was it. I wished they played in August though instead of December.

I give them credit for taking the challenge. It also shows how far St. Louis has separated themselves from Hawaii high school football with the exception of Punahou.

I'm looking forward to see them schedule a competitive non league schedule next year, maybe 2 mainland opponents that are Top 50. Maxpreps dropped them 7 spots after that loss, which was kind of harsh considering STA was #3 in the nation. But that shows how much they think of Hawaii high school football.

After looking at that game though, I see ILH being a toss up between them and Punahou. OIA teams are going to take a drop off in talent and I think that will make the OIA competitive with each other but still far behind the ILH.
@teamhawaii: I'm glad you think St Louis can match Punahou next season. I thought Punahou would run the table, and take State Open. I think St Louis will need some help from its JV. Did St Louis take the JV title? I hope so. I mean, I'm no fan of St Louis School, but I would much rather have them than Punahou School, please believe me.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

HS Football Fanatic,

St.Louis and Punahou sites did not post 2019 records for ILH JV/intermediate football as far as I could tell, but Kamehameha did post theirs.Warriors JV went 4-2-1,losing to Mililani,Kahuku,and tied St.Louis 14-14. ILH site didn't post Intermediate football standings but you could surmise,looking at the Kamehameha and Iolani football pages, that the probable winner in that division was St.Louis.

teamhawaii
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:12 pm
teamhawaii wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:23 am

@teamhawaii: I'm glad you think St Louis can match Punahou next season. I thought Punahou would run the table, and take State Open. I think St Louis will need some help from its JV. Did St Louis take the JV title? I hope so. I mean, I'm no fan of St Louis School, but I would much rather have them than Punahou School, please believe me.
I think St. Louis won the JV title.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think Punahou fielded a JV team this year. They had an Intermediate team but I couldn’t find any record of a JV Team.