2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by bandits1 »

Per ScoringLive: JV score - Waianae 25, Saint Louis 21

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

bandits1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:58 pm
gopunahou wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:34 pmThis year might resemble 2002, when the two best teams in the state were obviously ILH teams.
I'd still bet real money on Mililani. Maybe not more than $20, but still. And based on the statement above, the reverse would be true, too? If Mililani wins, then the 2nd best team in the state will obviously reside in the OIA, right? No excuses either way.
I saw this and immediately thought I would 100% take that bet 7 days a week. Then I remembered that I don’t actually care to see Punahou win to be honest, so I’ll use my $20 to buy lunch. BUT, I just think Punahou has looked much better on both offense and defense. Especially Agbayani vs Punahou’s offense

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:36 pm
genks wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:07 pm
gopunahou wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:34 pm I can see that the Mililani-Punahou game ain’t a hot talking point.

But to talk about the game, the Trojans went on a hot streak after their embarrassing loss to us last year. Even though they looked underwhelming against Kapolei, can they start another hot streak?
Agbayani throws at least 1 int. The biggest threat is Hoohuli. He is really good at stepping into passing lanes and coming up with ints, also good on rushing also. Good punter, just a Swiss Army knife. He’s had carries at RB also. Mililani uses him like Waianae used Kanai Mauga.

I feel pretty comfortable saying Puns wins this. I feel like a Mililani win would come from mess ups from Punahou.
@genks: And how many INTs will Sagapolutele throw? Yep; like I said in my previous post, Punahou needs to make mistakes if Mililani is to pull the upset. Please screw-up, Puns! Please make just enough mistakes to lose the game. And, Trojans: If and when the Puns make those mistakes, please cash-in on those mistakes. Thank you in advance, Puns, for screwing-up. Thank you in advance, Trojans, for cashing-in.
GO TROJANS!
Sagapolutele has been nice and safe with the ball for the most part. He makes a smart throw and lets the WRs do the rest. Not to many 50/50 throws so far.

Agbayani hasn’t been bad, it’s just Punahou’s defense is tricky and they execute

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:03 pm Speaking of mistakes, I'd like Punahou to get called for lots of penalties. I want the Puns to commit "choke" penalties; moving the goalposts closer for the Trojans. Speaking of moving their goalposts closer, I'd like Mililani's FG kicker to convert a lot of them. Mililani needs to scratch for points in any and every way possible.
I don’t really care who win, but I do think Punahou will win

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

The fact that neither team has scored isn’t a shock to me.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

And that is the last thing Mililani needed.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Mililani obviously ain’t using the same defensive gameplan they used against St. Louis.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Meanwhile in Waianae, embarrassment.

I don’t mean to disrespect Waianae, they are making the plays they need to make and doing a great job.

But awful night so far for The Crusaders.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Every time one team’s offense seems on the verge of scoring, the defense ruins that. Talk about bend-but-not-break.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I feel Mililani’s pain on that 2nd-to-last pass. We had that happen to us last year.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

Congrats to Punahou and all, but the only thing this game really showed me is, based on overall record alone, they definitely deserve to remain the #2 ranked team in the state when the polls come out next week. But I'd need to see these two play again to figure out which team is actually better at football. :hmm:

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

bandits1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:06 pm Congrats to Punahou and all, but the only thing this game really showed me is, based on overall record alone, they definitely deserve to remain the #2 ranked team in the state when the polls come out next week. But I'd need to see these two play again to figure out which team is actually better at football. :hmm:
Remember, last year Mililani caught fire after a horrific loss to us (which came after a bad loss to St. John Bosco). This year, Mililani suffered horrific back-to-back St. John Bosco and St. Louis but played much better tonight than they did against St. Louis. History could be repeating itself, and if Mililani uses its defensive gameplan tonight against St. Louis, I doubt they'd lose by as much as they did the first time.

As for us, it sucks that we could win 10 games and not play in the state tournament. I won't complain as loudly as Kamehameha fans did during the early 2000s (that they couldn't play in the state tournament as the ILH runner-up despite giving St. Louis its greatest challenge some years), but I can't say I ain't disappointed.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

bandits1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:39 pm Per ScoringLive: JV score - Waianae 25, Saint Louis 21
@bandits1: Yes, that's right. I prefer Waianae High to St Louis School, so I'm glad Waianae won. Not only was it an upset; I can't remember the last time St Louis' JV lost.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:44 pm
bandits1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:58 pm
gopunahou wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:34 pmThis year might resemble 2002, when the two best teams in the state were obviously ILH teams.
I'd still bet real money on Mililani. Maybe not more than $20, but still. And based on the statement above, the reverse would be true, too? If Mililani wins, then the 2nd best team in the state will obviously reside in the OIA, right? No excuses either way.
I saw this and immediately thought I would 100% take that bet 7 days a week. Then I remembered that I don’t actually care to see Punahou win to be honest, so I’ll use my $20 to buy lunch. BUT, I just think Punahou has looked much better on both offense and defense. Especially Agbayani vs Punahou’s offense
@genks: The Trojans showed the Puns that they (the Trojans) are for all intents and purposes just as good as them. I mean, 3 pts was all that separated them. Mililani's D, in particular, showed Punahou's O where they could shove it.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:54 pm The fact that neither team has scored isn’t a shock to me.
@gopunahou: It should have been. Punahou had no business not scoring on Mililani by then. It was Mililani's D showing Punahou's O where to shove it. Mililani's D made a bold, resonating statement, they did.