2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by EITSwarrior »

There’s a rumor going around that Saint Louis will play Saint Thomas Aquinas later this month.

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:06 pm There’s a rumor going around that Saint Louis will play Saint Thomas Aquinas later this month.
I seen this on the Aloha Youth Athletics site. I remembered last year, they were supposed to play but heard it was too last minute. St. Louis was more prepared this season.

This gotta be the first game in history a Hawaii team plays a Florida team. Best of luck to St. Louis!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Should be heading to Las Vegas. I think this is a special group of guys, so excited that they get one last ride together.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

St.Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale,FL) plays Edgewater (Orlando,FL) for the Florida 7A state title Saturday,14 December. The Raiders feature 16 players rated either 4-stars or 3-stars. Depending on which rank you prefer,St Thomas Aquinas falls between 5 and 11 nationally.13-0 current 2019 record.

Guess it's Crusaders vs Raiders in Las Vegas. Just for fun,Liberty beat Bishop Gorman in OT Nov 22 to advance to the semifinals in the Nevada state tournament.

Update.on the website www.geicobowlseries.com the participants section doesn't list any teams yet. It seems you have to be a state champion to actually get in the bowl games.Some schools,like St. Thomas Aquinas are still in their state playoff tournament and haven't been formally extended an offer yet. So,it seems to me that St.Louis is in ,but their presumed opponent has to beat Edgewater,win Florida 7A title,and then the promoters can officially name teams playing and what the matchups will be.

Good luck to St.Louis whoever their opponent is in the Geico Bowl Series.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:54 pm I would like to thank the Hilo Vikings for beating the Iolani Raiders. If the Raiders had won, it would have sent me into a depression. It looks like Iolani School's girls' basketball team is going to be strong, and it will be annoying enough to see them keep winning. Now that their school's football team has lost, at least I have that to hang onto. Now that Thanksgiving has passed and it's now officially the Holiday season, I'd like to wish Hilo High's students and alumni a Merry Christmas!
Well, for those guys who don't care for Iolani School, the Star-Advertiser came-out with their first girls' basketball poll today, and the Raiders are ranked #1. I was afraid of that; I had a hunch. I can't even begin to imagine how Punahou alumni feel, because not only is Punahou School the most bitter rival of Iolani School, but also because in my estimation the rivalry between those two schools is the most bitter high-school rivalry on the island, if not the entire state. I think it's kind of like the Hawaii high-school version of the infamous Hatfields vs McCoys family rivalry. Anyway, as you see in my post above, I am not a fan of Iolani School. Now I'm even more grateful that Hilo High won. So, again, I would like to wish Hilo High's students and alumni a Merry Christmas! For me, it's going to be a long girls' basketball season, but your football team has made it a little more bearable in advance. I mean, if the Vikings had lost, things would have been worse. Thanks. In life, sometimes you have to scratch for whatever you can get.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS FB Fanatic, I take it that you wish to see Iolani Boys BB win as much as they did when Derrick Low was there as much as you wish to have a kidney stone.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:08 pm HS FB Fanatic, I take it that you wish to see Iolani Boys BB win as much as they did when Derrick Low was there as much as you wish to have a kidney stone.
@gopunahou: Exactly. But, unfortunately, as you know, I don't want to see Punahou School's boys win, either. I thank you again for being gracious about my dislike of your alma mater. What's ironic is that the classier you are, as an alumnus the better you make your alma mater look; that's the irony of it. When I say I dislike Punahou School, that obviously makes guys see that school in a bad light. But as an alumnus, your graciousness towards my dislike probably makes guys see that school in a good light. So, by default, it's like you offset my "damage." That's the trippy thing about it. I've heard it said that people judge a school by its alumni. I guess I hate to say it, but you're making your alma mater look pretty good.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

By the way, Punahou School's boys' basketball team is off to an uncharacteristic 0-3 start. But, all 3 losses are to mainland schools; perhaps they're very strong schools. So, if the Puns played weaker Hawaii schools, they might instead have been 3-0 right now. I have no idea how good the Puns are vis-à-vis Hawaii teams; we'll have to see. So, I guess Punahou alumni shouldn't be too concerned just yet.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:45 pm By the way, Punahou School's boys' basketball team is off to an uncharacteristic 0-3 start. But, all 3 losses are to mainland schools; perhaps they're very strong schools. So, if the Puns played weaker Hawaii schools, they might instead have been 3-0 right now. I have no idea how good the Puns are vis-à-vis Hawaii teams; we'll have to see. So, I guess Punahou alumni shouldn't be too concerned just yet.
I haven’t paid attention to our BB team because I’m still getting over Mater Dei’s heartbreaking loss to SBJ.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:51 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:45 pm By the way, Punahou School's boys' basketball team is off to an uncharacteristic 0-3 start. But, all 3 losses are to mainland schools; perhaps they're very strong schools. So, if the Puns played weaker Hawaii schools, they might instead have been 3-0 right now. I have no idea how good the Puns are vis-à-vis Hawaii teams; we'll have to see. So, I guess Punahou alumni shouldn't be too concerned just yet.
I haven’t paid attention to our BB team because I’m still getting over Mater Dei’s heartbreaking loss to SBJ.
@gopunahou: Gee; I couldn't care less about mainland schools. In fact, quite frankly I couldn't care less even about neighbor-island schools. I know I made a big deal about Hilo High winning the state D1 football title, but that was only because they beat Iolani School. There's no other D1 school that I dislike like that. I don't really care for Moanalua High, but it wouldn't have killed me if they had won the title. I wouldn't like it, for sure. But, it wouldn't bother me anywhere near as badly as if Iolani School had won.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Was looking at the ESPN 300 football players for 2021 HS graduates.Two Hawaii players on it.Wynden Hoohuli and Mason Tufaga,both rated as 4-stars currently. 300 gives you an idea of the elite recruits but,247 goes much deeper going down around 2500 or so players down to 3- star rated players who are players that can be considered as starters/contributors by their senior year in college which every team needs.

These lists are preliminary. Even next spring,players are still to be evaluated, and a recruiting site like 247 will not have a complete list of players until late summer.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

unpaid wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:07 pm Was looking at the ESPN 300 football players for 2021 HS graduates.Two Hawaii players on it.Wynden Hoohuli and Mason Tufaga,both rated as 4-stars currently. 300 gives you an idea of the elite recruits but,247 goes much deeper going down around 2500 or so players down to 3- star rated players who are players that can be considered as starters/contributors by their senior year in college which every team needs.

These lists are preliminary. Even next spring,players are still to be evaluated, and a recruiting site like 247 will not have a complete list of players until late summer.
I know I’ve said it before but Mililani really got lucky with Hoohuli. He’s very good and brings toughness to the lb corps. Had he not left he would be playing right along side of Tufaga. Hope mililani continues to develop him and bring out the best of his abilities.

Dog 96707

Post by Dog 96707 »

Great Season!! Congrats to St. louis, hilo and Lahainaluna! Also, best of luck to the Crusaders as they play in that bowl on dec.21st. This is a huge deal and i know they will represent Hawaii well.
Now, on to the off season rumors and transfers hahahaha
I've been hearing that the OIA will vote not to play the cross over ILH schedule next season?? i really hope this isn't true. I like watching the match ups and i'm sure the players love it too.
Has anyone heard rumors of students transferring out of their schools yet? i know it's too early but I've heard a few names...Hipa, Mokiao-Atimalala...May be leaving. i hope not, they will be a great combo next season.
i'm sure some will leave stl, that seems to be the trend, and head to Mililani or campbell or wherever hahaha. time will tell i guess

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Kaimuki QB Maiava to Bishop Gorman per Hawaiiprepworld. Looks like the Hawaii transfer portal is up and running.

Just my thoughts,but I was coming to the realization that players who transferred to Mililani know they are going to play multiple national powers every year like St.John Bosco,Liberty,Bishop Gorman,etc. Now,with the alliance,they get St.Louis,and Punahou every year in addition to their annual showdowns with Kahuku. I hope the OIA stays in the alliance. It would be better for the kids.

teamhawaii
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

unpaid wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:19 am Kaimuki QB Maiava to Bishop Gorman per Hawaiiprepworld. Looks like the Hawaii transfer portal is up and running.

Just my thoughts,but I was coming to the realization that players who transferred to Mililani know they are going to play multiple national powers every year like St.John Bosco,Liberty,Bishop Gorman,etc. Now,with the alliance,they get St.Louis,and Punahou every year in addition to their annual showdowns with Kahuku. I hope the OIA stays in the alliance. It would be better for the kids.
Hawaii Transfer Portal, I like that.

Heard a St. Louis QB is thinking about transferring to Mililani but the family will wait till spring practice to make a decision.

For Jayden Maiava it’s a no brainer to go to BG.

I can’t also help to think, that QB’s in Nevada are that bad that they had to go recruit a QB all the way from Hawaii.