2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by Markeke »

teamhawaii wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:21 am I believe for the most part that teams are in their well respected division with Lahainaluna being an exception.

They might have to realign the Open Division again too. With Waianae & Farrington not being competitive as years before.
Lahainaluna is dominating D2. Their roster list at least 12 players over 220 lbs. They have skilled players. They handly take care of D1 opponents on their island. They could be competitive in D1. They have numbers on their roster. They have a great staff with solid community support. I have them as +20 over Kapaa.

Farrington and Waianae would never leave the Open. Who would take tear place?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

#1Kahuku wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:42 pm Da reason nobody hate Lahaina iz dat dey coach ain’t one crybaby. Coach Look da biggist crybaby EVA! He an Cal Lee get small botos since dey doo erything 4 get one competitive advantage! Whoeva iz one Iolani AND Saint Louis fan deserve one false crack 4 dey opinions!
@#1Kahuku: Well, Look is an Iolani alumnus, so I can't fault him for coaching his alma mater. But Cal is a Kalani alumnus, and I wish he were coaching them. Of course, he was an AC there for a few years, but then he came back to St Louis School. I mean, I know it's a free country and all, and that Cal can coach whichever school he wants. But, I just wish he were coaching Kalani High. As regards football, I'd rather have them than St Louis School.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:27 am
teamhawaii wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:21 am I believe for the most part that teams are in their well respected division with Lahainaluna being an exception.

They might have to realign the Open Division again too. With Waianae & Farrington not being competitive as years before.
Lahainaluna is dominating D2. Their roster list at least 12 players over 220 lbs. They have skilled players. They handly take care of D1 opponents on their island. They could be competitive in D1. They have numbers on their roster. They have a great staff with solid community support. I have them as +20 over Kapaa.

@Markeke: You're picking Lahainaluna by over 20? Wow, that's a lot. Just goes to show that Lahainaluna does belong in D1, and shame on them for not being there.

As regards Farrington and Waianae, just drop them down to D1, and take the two strongest schools in OIA D1 and pull them up to Open. Although again, I'd give Waianae another year in Open. They've got that outstanding RB who'll be only a junior next year, and they're usually big enough physically to handle Open. So, this is what I would do: Drop only Farrington down to D1, and pull the strongest OIA D1 school up to Open.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:14 pm

@Markeke: You're picking Lahainaluna by over 20? Wow, that's a lot. Just goes to show that Lahainaluna does belong in D1, and shame on them for not being there.

As regards Farrington and Waianae, just drop them down to D1, and take the two strongest schools in OIA D1 and pull them up to Open. Although again, I'd give Waianae another year in Open. They've got that outstanding RB who'll be only a junior next year, and they're usually big enough physically to handle Open. So, this is what I would do: Drop only Farrington down to D1, and pull the strongest OIA D1 school up to Open.
Somehow, Farrington owns the keys to Kapolei high. Even when Kapolei had that stacked team with Taulia and Myron.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

I think Waianae had a first year coach and Sanchez at Farrington in a second year. Both areas have studs and heavily recruited by ILH teams. Now with the OIA transfer rules, others that don't go ILH may end up in central.oahu. I hope they don't go down. These are proud progarms.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Markeke, are you saying that you think HS FB here is better when Waianae and Farrington are contending?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

I believe that Farrington & Waianae has too much pride to go down.

Waianae looks promising so I can see them competing in the upcoming years and sticking it in the Open.

Farrington has the talent in the Kalihi area but I think it's more a lack of developing those players and coaching.

Leilehua is more than capable to hold a open division spot. They're not as strong as 2004-2012 years but they have a history of competing with the best.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:06 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:14 pm

Somehow, Farrington owns the keys to Kapolei high. Even when Kapolei had that stacked team with Taulia and Myron.
@genks: Well, sometimes that happens; sometimes a school seems to always have one other school's number. Still, I think Kapolei High is stronger overall in football than Farrington High, so if one school has to drop to D1, I think it should be Farrington. I don't dislike either school, so I'm neutral towards both schools emotionally.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:40 pm I think Waianae had a first year coach and Sanchez at Farrington in a second year. Both areas have studs and heavily recruited by ILH teams. Now with the OIA transfer rules, others that don't go ILH may end up in central.oahu. I hope they don't go down. These are proud progarms.
@Markeke: Well, yes; for some four decades, both schools have been known for football prowess, especially Waianae. But, sometimes things change. Besides, either or both schools could go back up to Open if they get their mojo back.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

teamhawaii wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:39 pm

I believe that Farrington & Waianae has too much pride to go down.

Waianae looks promising so I can see them competing in the upcoming years and sticking it in the Open.

Farrington has the talent in the Kalihi area but I think it's more a lack of developing those players and coaching.

Leilehua is more than capable to hold a open division spot. They're not as strong as 2004-2012 years but they have a history of competing with the best.
@teamhawaii: Well, like Markeke said, both Farrington High and Waianae High have lots of football pride; I think Waianae especially has a lot. But, if your school is going to continue losing in Open, what does that do to that school's football pride?

Regarding Leilehua High, I think they're the strongest school in OIA D1. So, if one OIA D1 school gets pulled-up to Open, it should be them. In fact, I would suggest that Farrington drop to D1, and Leilehua go up to Open. If that doesn't pan-out, then reverse it the next year.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Time for picks.

St.Louis over Kahuku. Crusaders have DeLaura and four really good receivers to throw to.Kahuku has two really good DB's to counter ...Red Raider DL and LB's are gonna have to have a supreme effort to stop the spread.

Hilo over Iolani. More,more,more. Both have good passing games. Vikings have more good receivers and more good RB's.

Lahainaluna over Kapaa.Should be another high-scoring contest.Lunas are on a roll looking to four-peat.

If the Open contest is still going on after midnight,l hope the HHSAA will at least consider tweaking the current one-day tripleheader format.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

gopunahou wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:51 pm Markeke, are you saying that you think HS FB here is better when Waianae and Farrington are contending?
Saying it's better when they are in the mix. Mostly for the OIA rivalry.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

The easy predictions as Unpaid posted. Hilo>Iolani, Lahainaluna>Kapaa and St.Louis>Kahuku. All solid predictions. But......I'm a RR fan. Again as always, it's how you finish and how you survive the brutal Open league. St.Louis, all healthy with the exception of Bothelho. He's playing, but it looks like his elbow is heavily braced. As for Kahuku, healthy except for Mana Fonoimoana. Solid dB but more so for the punting duties as witness last week when the subs punt was blocked. Also a fake punt threat. Again all eyes on DE Laura. Keep him from escaping or extending plays. Hopefully Talanoa is assigned as "spy". As for Kahuku on O. Gotta go elephant, kill time, test the waters. Again bring the athletes in the O mix. Kaniho, Pasi, Ah You and Enos. Adolpho needs to make quicker decisions. On the Saints O side, they do everything perfect. Good Luck All teams. Play hard, last game. Agree with Unpaid, all teams in the triple header throws the ball which would equate to a late Open start.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

unpaid wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:39 am Time for picks.

St.Louis over Kahuku. Crusaders have DeLaura and four really good receivers to throw to.Kahuku has two really good DB's to counter ...Red Raider DL and LB's are gonna have to have a supreme effort to stop the spread.

Hilo over Iolani. More,more,more. Both have good passing games. Vikings have more good receivers and more good RB's.

Lahainaluna over Kapaa.Should be another high-scoring contest.Lunas are on a roll looking to four-peat.

If the Open contest is still going on after midnight,l hope the HHSAA will at least consider tweaking the current one-day tripleheader format.
Hilo can not afford to struggle to run the ball. As for St. Louis-Kahuku, I’m hoping the Campbell game didn’t take a toll on them.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Wow,Hilo. You beat Iolani. Lol.