2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by gopunahou »

Markeke wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:46 pm Well yes would love to see Hilo play at Aloha. And ye's I think they can beat Iolani. Not dissing Hilo, they deserve all accolades coming their way. They are actually at a perfect place, D1. Good Luck.
I hope so. They can’t afford to struggle to run the ball as Moanalua did.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

#1Kahuku compelled me to ask this question: is anybody tired of watching Lahainaluna take states? Is it as tiring as watching Iolani take the D2 title every year? Does anyone think that Lahainaluna should move up if they keep dominating D2?

Neighbor, I think people might not feel compelled to watch D2 because some assume that Lahainaluna will take it again.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

gopunahou wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:11 pm #1Kahuku compelled me to ask this question: is anybody tired of watching Lahainaluna take states? Is it as tiring as watching Iolani take the D2 title every year? Does anyone think that Lahainaluna should move up if they keep dominating D2?

Neighbor, I think people might not feel compelled to watch D2 because some assume that Lahainaluna will take it again.
Lahainaluna definitely needs to be moved up to D1, but aren't they saying their enrollment is what's holding them back?

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:11 pm #1Kahuku compelled me to ask this question: is anybody tired of watching Lahainaluna take states? Is it as tiring as watching Iolani take the D2 title every year? Does anyone think that Lahainaluna should move up if they keep dominating D2?

One thing tho, the championship games are usually excellent games. They aren’t going out and destroying everyone to the title. It sorta seems like they belong in D2, they are just the best in D2.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Getreal$ wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:02 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:24 pm
Getreal$ wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:17 pm
Seriously, no one would run up any score playing in the conditions last night in Hilo, not to mention trying to play with the Baden ball in probably the worst conditions I've seen in a while. I was there and saw turnover after turnover because of the weather and the slippery ball had nothing to do with execution or "holding" anyone to 19 points by playing good defense. Hilo was inside the five and let the time run out...it could easily have been 35-14. I would say wait until friday to judge how Hilo would stack up against Oahu teams. What I will say is the weather neutralized Hilo's speed and made it a closer game. Leilehua played well considering the weather.
@Getreal$: Well, it was indeed like playing in a pool. I'm hoping Hilo will beat Iolani, but even if they do, could we extrapolate how Hilo would do against schools like Mililani and Campbell? Unless Hilo's defensive front-seven dominates Iolani's undersized O-line, the game might be relatively close. I knew Hilo's O was good, but I didn't know it was also fast. That's good news to me, as Iolani always seems to be fast. Hilo's O has a size advantage against Iolani's D; if Hilo's O is big and fast, things could be that much tougher for Iolani's D, and that's exactly what I hope will happen. As I mentioned before, I do not care for Iolani School. Also, if Leilehua played well considering the weather, couldn't the same be said for Hilo? Both schools were playing under the same conditions.
I'm not going to debate something thats irrelevant. Hilo is a legit DI team and you're asking me to compare them to Open teams? My point about Leilehua playing well has all to do with the conditions and no, Hilo didn't play well and made big mistakes inside the red zone. The 2017 team had size, this years team is small and quick and experienced. The game with Iolani will be good. What I would like to have seen is St. Louis playing Kahuku in the same conditions in Hilo, pouring rain, mud, slippery ball......
@Getreal$: Well, unpaid ranked D1 Hilo above Open schools Mililani and Campbell. Now, you're saying Hilo is small this year. I hope that doesn't hurt them against Iolani; I'm assuming Hilo still is bigger than Iolani. You say Hilo screwed-up in the red zone; they had better clean that up before the Iolani game.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@gopunahou: Lahainaluna definitely should be in D1; I'd be surprised if anyone were to argue with that. At least Iolani School had the gonads to move up to D1; Lahainaluna High should be ashamed of itself for staying in D2.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

teamhawaii wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:27 pm

Lahainaluna definitely needs to be moved up to D1, but aren't they saying their enrollment is what's holding them back?
@teamhawaii: If that's what they are saying, that's bogus. Lots of schools have small enrollment, but rock it in football. Examples: St Louis, Kahuku, and Iolani. Lahainaluna High needs to stop making excuses. No one is saying they should be in Open, but they should be in D1. Time for the Lunas to man-up.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

From what I've seen, some users think that Lahainaluna belongs in D1. I kind of agree, being that they've won a state tournament game at the D1 level (when the D1 meant open division) against the OIA runner-up, but I doubt that the calls for them to play in D1 will be as loud as they were when Iolani was playing in D2.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

[instagram][/instagram]
Lol Getreal $, Kahuku and St.Louis in the mud? It's hard enough just trying to get the Saints to play in Kahuku. But in any case, when the Aloha Stadium gets rebuilt, if the Open still exist, most games will be played on OIA fields. The brains of the ILH and OIA needs to address this before it's too late. Maybe a county field like most outer islands. Maybe a 15k seat set up? Parking. Access from major roads. Multi plex? Waipio Complex is a perfect example. Just tossing that out.

hawaiibettor
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hawaiibettor »

has there ever been 3 ranked teams in the top 25 ever in the history of high school football?

Hawaii is currently the 2nd largest state in the national rankings behind california with st louis, punahou and kahuku nationally ranked in the maxpreps football poll. I've never seen this before in the history of national rankings. Finally being recognized as a state!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:20 pm From what I've seen, some users think that Lahainaluna belongs in D1. I kind of agree, being that they've won a state tournament game at the D1 level (when the D1 meant open division) against the OIA runner-up, but I doubt that the calls for them to play in D1 will be as loud as they were when Iolani was playing in D2.
@gopunahou: The calls probably won't be as loud because I suspect fewer guys dislike Lahainaluna High than dislike Iolani School. That's certainly the case for me, and the reason I don't dislike Lahainaluna High is that they don't take as many league/state titles as Iolani School. So, I have no reason to resent them. Even so, fair is fair: If Iolani School had the guts to go-up to D1, so should Lahainaluna High. As much as I dislike Iolani School, I will nonetheless give them credit for going-up to D1. Fairness demands that we give credit where credit is due, no matter which school we're talking about. (But, I hope the Raiders don't win the title this coming weekend. GO VIKINGS!)

teamhawaii
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

I believe for the most part that teams are in their well respected division with Lahainaluna being an exception.

They might have to realign the Open Division again too. With Waianae & Farrington not being competitive as years before.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

teamhawaii wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:21 am I believe for the most part that teams are in their well respected division with Lahainaluna being an exception.

They might have to realign the Open Division again too. With Waianae & Farrington not being competitive as years before.
@teamhawaii: Well, Waianae High might still have life in them; they've got that bowling-ball RB who was only a Soph this year, but had massive yardage. Farrington High, perhaps, should drop to D1.

#1Kahuku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by #1Kahuku »

Da reason nobody hate Lahaina iz dat dey coach ain’t one crybaby. Coach Look da biggist crybaby EVA! He an Cal Lee get small botos since dey doo erything 4 get one competitive advantage! Whoeva iz one Iolani AND Saint Louis fan deserve one false crack 4 dey opinions!

#1Kahuku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by #1Kahuku »

An I tink I know who Aufrey iz. He one hypocrite who deserve 4 suffer 4 hiz opinionz. He deserve one death penalty 4 hiz opinionz.