2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Neighbor wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:16 pm Wish more people paid attention to D2 and D1. I get why people don't, but football is football and those are gonna be way more competitive. I think it'll be Moanalua-Leilehua again and then Lahainaluna and Kaimuki
@Neighbor: Well, we now know that it's going to be Kapaa, not Kaimuki. As for D1, I hope you're right that Moanalua will be in the title game; I would hate to see Iolani in it.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:53 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:49 pm As a Saint Louis alum, I’m obligated not to like Punahou, but dayum this “state tournament” is a sham. Punahou should be in it over any of these OIA teams. Yeah I know pretty much same old story every year that the second place ILH team gets screwed, but usually the OIA teams look good enough to be worthy of being in states.
@EITSwarrior: I'm not a St Louis alumnus, but I don't like Punahou School, either. As such, I'm glad they're not in States for two reasons: 1.) Disliking them, I don't want them to shine any more on the gridiron, and I don't want to see them win any more football games. 2.) What if they by some chance win the title? Please. Now that they're done, there's no way the Puns will get their hands on that koa trophy. (Sorry, gopunahou.)
I’d hate if Punahou won the title too. LOL they hogging a lot state titles in other sports. But if they earn it then so be it.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:17 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:53 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:49 pm As a Saint Louis alum, I’m obligated not to like Punahou, but dayum this “state tournament” is a sham. Punahou should be in it over any of these OIA teams. Yeah I know pretty much same old story every year that the second place ILH team gets screwed, but usually the OIA teams look good enough to be worthy of being in states.
@EITSwarrior: I'm not a St Louis alumnus, but I don't like Punahou School, either. As such, I'm glad they're not in States for two reasons: 1.) Disliking them, I don't want them to shine any more on the gridiron, and I don't want to see them win any more football games. 2.) What if they by some chance win the title? Please. Now that they're done, there's no way the Puns will get their hands on that koa trophy. (Sorry, gopunahou.)
I’d hate if Punahou won the title too. LOL they hogging a lot state titles in other sports. But if they earn it then so be it.
@EITSwarrior: You've hit the nail on the head. I am sick and tired of Punahou School winning most of the league and state titles every year. I've had my fill of that, believe you me. I don't want the Puns to even be IN any state tourney; if they're not IN it, they CAN'T EARN the title.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Moanalua can’t run the ball to save its life.

Looks like my only hope next week is Mater Dei beating Bosco again, which isn’t even a guarantee.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Seventeen,

1.St.Louis 11-0 beat Mililani.No3.Kahuku next in Open title game.
2.Punahou 10-2 SO.
3.Kahuku 9-3 beat Campbell. Hold at three.
4.Hilo 13-0 beat Leilehua.move up one spot.
5.Mililani 8-5 lost to St.Louis. Drop down one place. Season over.
6.Iolani 9-2. Beat Moanalua. Move up two spots.
7.Campbell 6-6 lost to Kahuku.Drop one spot. Season over.
8.Leilehua 10-3 Lost to Hilo .Drop one spot. Season over.
9.Moanalua 10-2 lost to Iolani. Season over.
10.Damien 8-2 SO.

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

unpaid wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:06 am Week Seventeen,

2.Punahou 10-2 SO.
10.Damien 8-2 SO.
Hilo above Mililani & Campbell, I don’t know about that. The record is based on them playing Keeau, Waiakea & Honokaa...twice lol

Although, I believe Punahou is the 2nd best team, their 2 losses to St. Louis warrants them for not being in the state tournament. If the series was split 1-1 than it would be a different story.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Lol, Hilo above Mililani??

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

You can't keep 13-0 from rising up the rankings.Hilo is in the BIIF.They won the title and now they're facing OIA ,ILH teams who had a tougher path.Hilo just beat the OIA team and they've got the ILH team next week. They can't help it if they face mostly BIIF competion in the regular season. They are on the Big Island ,but they have a program capable of beating top OIA,ILH D-I squads.I don't think they could beat StLouis,Punahou,or Kahuku.

Punahou stays at two. Only school to come close to beating St.Louis this year in both games.Mililani lost both times to St.Louis by a large margin. Kahuku will also get a second shot at St.Louis,but they also did not come close to beating St.Louis the first game they played this year. The only way I could knock Punahou down to three is if Kahuku beats St.Louis for the Open Koa next week.If that happens then the final top three would have to be 1.Kahuku 2. St.Louis 3.Punahou. St.Louis probably wins though and my top three would remain the same as this week.Hilo couldn't crack the top three even if they win and Kahuku loses.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:13 pm Moanalua can’t run the ball to save its life.

Looks like my only hope next week is Mater Dei beating Bosco again, which isn’t even a guarantee.
@gopunahou: True; their run-game sucks. They got this deep into the season on their pass-game; they had over 300 yds this game. Too bad they also had 4 or 5 passes picked-off.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

teamhawaii wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:40 am
unpaid wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:06 am Week Seventeen,

2.Punahou 10-2 SO.
10.Damien 8-2 SO.
Hilo above Mililani & Campbell, I don’t know about that. The record is based on them playing Keeau, Waiakea & Honokaa...twice lol

Although, I believe Punahou is the 2nd best team, their 2 losses to St. Louis warrants them for not being in the state tournament. If the series was split 1-1 than it would be a different story.
@teamhawaii: I'm beginning to wonder whether Campbell isn't better than Mililani. I mean, Mililani got their butts kicked by St Louis, 35-0. Would Campbell have lost that badly? As for Hilo, they might possibly be better than Campbell and Mililani, it's hard to say. I think those three schools are just about even. As good as Hilo's O is supposed to be, they didn't look that hot against Leilehua. But, Hilo's D and special teams are solid.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:32 am Lol, Hilo above Mililani??
@Markeke: Yeah, as good as Hilo's O is supposed to be, if Leilehua could hold them to 19, I'm sure Mililani could. So, I could imagine Mililani beating Hilo like 21-14 or something. Hilo's D is good, so I don't think Mililani would be able to blow them out.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:39 pm
@Markeke: Yeah, as good as Hilo's O is supposed to be, if Leilehua could hold them to 19, I'm sure Mililani could. So, I could imagine Mililani beating Hilo like 21-14 or something. Hilo's D is good, so I don't think Mililani would be able to blow them out.
Seriously, no one would run up any score playing in the conditions last night in Hilo, not to mention trying to play with the Baden ball in probably the worst conditions I've seen in a while. I was there and saw turnover after turnover because of the weather and the slippery ball had nothing to do with execution or "holding" anyone to 19 points by playing good defense. Hilo was inside the five and let the time run out...it could easily have been 35-14. I would say wait until friday to judge how Hilo would stack up against Oahu teams. What I will say is the weather neutralized Hilo's speed and made it a closer game. Leilehua played well considering the weather.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Getreal$ wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:17 pm
Seriously, no one would run up any score playing in the conditions last night in Hilo, not to mention trying to play with the Baden ball in probably the worst conditions I've seen in a while. I was there and saw turnover after turnover because of the weather and the slippery ball had nothing to do with execution or "holding" anyone to 19 points by playing good defense. Hilo was inside the five and let the time run out...it could easily have been 35-14. I would say wait until friday to judge how Hilo would stack up against Oahu teams. What I will say is the weather neutralized Hilo's speed and made it a closer game. Leilehua played well considering the weather.
@Getreal$: Well, it was indeed like playing in a pool. I'm hoping Hilo will beat Iolani, but even if they do, could we extrapolate how Hilo would do against schools like Mililani and Campbell? Unless Hilo's defensive front-seven dominates Iolani's undersized O-line, the game might be relatively close. I knew Hilo's O was good, but I didn't know it was also fast. That's good news to me, as Iolani always seems to be fast. Hilo's O has a size advantage against Iolani's D; if Hilo's O is big and fast, things could be that much tougher for Iolani's D, and that's exactly what I hope will happen. As I mentioned before, I do not care for Iolani School. Also, if Leilehua played well considering the weather, couldn't the same be said for Hilo? Both schools were playing under the same conditions.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:24 pm
Getreal$ wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:17 pm

@Getreal$: Well, it was indeed like playing in a pool. I'm hoping Hilo will beat Iolani, but even if they do, could we extrapolate how Hilo would do against schools like Mililani and Campbell? Unless Hilo's defensive front-seven dominates Iolani's undersized O-line, the game might be relatively close. I knew Hilo's O was good, but I didn't know it was also fast. That's good news to me, as Iolani always seems to be fast. Hilo's O has a size advantage against Iolani's D; if Hilo's O is big and fast, things could be that much tougher for Iolani's D, and that's exactly what I hope will happen. As I mentioned before, I do not care for Iolani School. Also, if Leilehua played well considering the weather, couldn't the same be said for Hilo? Both schools were playing under the same conditions.
I'm not going to debate something thats irrelevant. Hilo is a legit DI team and you're asking me to compare them to Open teams? My point about Leilehua playing well has all to do with the conditions and no, Hilo didn't play well and made big mistakes inside the red zone. The 2017 team had size, this years team is small and quick and experienced. The game with Iolani will be good. What I would like to have seen is St. Louis playing Kahuku in the same conditions in Hilo, pouring rain, mud, slippery ball......

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Well yes would love to see Hilo play at Aloha. And ye's I think they can beat Iolani. Not dissing Hilo, they deserve all accolades coming their way. They are actually at a perfect place, D1. Good Luck.