Way too early top ten HS football 2019

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Re: Way too early top ten HS football 2019

Post by teamhawaii »

unpaid wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:19 pm I have updated the Long Beach Poly-Punahou, St.Louis-Bishop Gorman,and Mililani- St. John Bosco capsules with updated player rankings on the 247 Sports site.

Long story short. St.Louis should handle BG, Punahou should defeat Long Beach Poly, and Mililani probably still loses to St.John Bosco. The Trojans should win over Liberty,NV this fall.
St. Louis will handle BG. Micah Bowens is good but no Tate Martell. They have taken a dip from their previous dominant years from ‘11-‘17.

Punahou should beat Long Beach Poly.

Interesting match up will be Narbonne vs. Kamehameha. Narbonne got a lot of transfers this off-season. They also have their QB (Garcia) playing, I remember he couldn’t play vs. St. Louis. Hopefully, Kamehameha can handle them but idk.

Bosco will beat Mililani. They really should be playing St. Louis.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

unpaid wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:01 pm Recent posters are way off topic. This is about Hawaii hs football teams and the sport of football.

It's not about deciding who should die because of their opinions.It's not about personal angst about who you want to win titles and who you don't want to win titles.

There must be plenty of hate forums where you can post some of the recent posts I've seen on this thread,but I am saying enough. You can go back 11 years and see. I am not a moderator,but I do talk to one of them and he passes the posts here onto Scott. Said moderator would have erased HS sports from discussions for reasons I totally understand. Scott has been patient,but at the end of patience there is great anger.

Do you want this to be the year where the High School sports forum gets shut down permanently? He already erased forums because of low participation. The irritation factor is important ,too and guess which remaining forum accounts for the most problems on content... Yeah, HS Sports forum.

You want to attack people with profane names and accusations,get off this thread. I will pass on some of the stuff I've seen on this page of the thread alone and let the chips fall where they may if I don't see some deleted posts before Monday.

There were several troublemakers last year who got banned or chastened. If you are a troublemaker, go away..you can find an Internet home elsewhere.
@unpaid: I hope I'm not in Scott's crosshairs. I admit having angst about schools I want to win titles, and schools I don't. Scott, please let me know if I cross a line. I'm not trying to promote hatred for schools; I'm just trying to foster a sense or spirit of "alma mater contrast/competition." But again, if I cross a line, please let me know. I enjoy this HS sports forum, and would hate to see it shut down. I suppose the main reason I enjoy this HS sports forum is precisely BECAUSE guys post about HS sports. However, virtually by default, feelings about the schools rise to the fore. I mean, let's face it: HS sports are the lowest level, compared to college sports and pro sports. Therefore, I would assume that guys posting here have at least SOME feelings about their alma mater and about other schools. If we're talking about sports at their very best, there'd be only a pro sports forum. So, I'm convinced there's an element of the feelings guys have for their alma mater and about other schools. For example, if I'm looking strictly for high-quality football (for football at its very best), I'd watch only NFL football. High school football can't hold a candle to the quality of NFL football. So, why are all the guys posting here, here? I'm assuming it's because of the SCHOOLS involved, not about the sport of football itself in the purest sense (when compared to the NFL, for example).

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

When Poly plays us, it'll be Barack Obama's alma mater vs. Snoop Dogg's.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:08 am When Poly plays us, it'll be Barack Obama's alma mater vs. Snoop Dogg's.
@gopunahou: Well, Snoop Dogg may be a celebrity, but he's not as famous as Obama. Having said that, I'm not happy that Obama is a Punahou alumnus. I would have much preferred that he were a McKinley alumnus. (The public school that served students where he lived during high school, was McKinley High.)

#1Kahuku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by #1Kahuku »

unpaid wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:01 pm Recent posters are way off topic. This is about Hawaii hs football teams and the sport of football.

It's not about deciding who should die because of their opinions.It's not about personal angst about who you want to win titles and who you don't want to win titles.

There must be plenty of hate forums where you can post some of the recent posts I've seen on this thread,but I am saying enough. You can go back 11 years and see. I am not a moderator,but I do talk to one of them and he passes the posts here onto Scott. Said moderator would have erased HS sports from discussions for reasons I totally understand. Scott has been patient,but at the end of patience there is great anger.

Do you want this to be the year where the High School sports forum gets shut down permanently? He already erased forums because of low participation. The irritation factor is important ,too and guess which remaining forum accounts for the most problems on content... Yeah, HS Sports forum.

You want to attack people with profane names and accusations,get off this thread. I will pass on some of the stuff I've seen on this page of the thread alone and let the chips fall where they may if I don't see some deleted posts before Monday.

There were several troublemakers last year who got banned or chastened. If you are a troublemaker, go away..you can find an Internet home elsewhere.
Must b St Lulu fans talking smack.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Page 10 looks way better than page 9. Keep it going.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

teamhawaii,

Narbonne is under the gun. If the academic misconduct allegations are proven to be true,then you have to think the HC and the other 2 staffers get fired. Then,will there be any player penalties. My guess is yes if the players knew they weren't making the grades and turned a blind eye to the misconduct. But,are any of those players starters?

I think with the talent gap between Narbonne and Kamehameha,the LA school would really have to messed up so bad that many starters get suspended for 2019 before Kamehameha gets chance in this game.

HS Football Fanatic,

I, too,love Hs sports. I don't love cyber bullies,profane posts,etc. You are none of those things. Maybe you should bring a little more to the table than which school you prefer? ....OK.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

unpaid wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:42 pm teamhawaii,

Narbonne is under the gun. If the academic misconduct allegations are proven to be true,then you have to think the HC and the other 2 staffers get fired. Then,will there be any player penalties. My guess is yes if the players knew they weren't making the grades and turned a blind eye to the misconduct. But,are any of those players starters?

I think with the talent gap between Narbonne and Kamehameha,the LA school would really have to messed up so bad that many starters get suspended for 2019 before Kamehameha gets chance in this game.

HS Football Fanatic,

I, too,love Hs sports. I don't love cyber bullies,profane posts,etc. You are none of those things. Maybe you should bring a little more to the table than which school you prefer? ....OK.
@unpaid: I don't know that I have anything else to bring to the table, unfortunately. But, I'm glad to hear I'm not a cyber-bully or profane poster. Again, the thing about HS sports is that the quality of play is far below college sports, or pro sports, especially. So, the only things I can see that draw our attention, are the schools involved. Speaking just for myself, that's what keeps me here. For example, this thread is about HS football. If all I cared about was football itself in its highest form, I'd be on a pro football thread; I wouldn't even be here. I'm here solely because of the high schools involved. I suspect I'm not the only one who feels that way, for the following reasons: 1.) A number of guys on this message-board have their high school alma mater in their User Name. I think that that shows they care about how their alma mater is doing in sports. 2.) Other guys on this message-board have revealed their alma mater in their posts, which I think shows they too are interested in how their alma mater is doing in sports, at least to the extent that they were willing to tell us where they went.
I find all of that, compelling. I'm drawn not only by how the various schools are doing against each other, but also by how alumni from different schools are interacting/interfacing with one another. I think all of these things are entertaining; they keep me coming back for more. Sometimes I wonder whether I'm not a "high school sports junkie."

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1146617102020829184 https://twitter.com/CodyWKrupp/status/1146653353960792064 https://twitter.com/AlohaClassic/status/1126602342990786561 https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2019-way-t ... ankings/13
https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2019-way-t ... ankings/18

teamhawaii

Post by teamhawaii »

unpaid wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:42 pm teamhawaii,

HS Football Fanatic,

Thanks for the insight, I just read the article about Narbonne coach Manual Douglas being suspended. I’m assuming it has some recruiting violations too. I know their QB transferred last year and that’s why he sat out 5 games including the one vs. St. Louis, DB (Greenfield) transferred from Bingham (UT), (Tuiono) from East (UT) but I know for sure the one that sent it over the top was 4 star DB from Mater Dei Darion Green Warren transferring to Narbonne. Mater Dei definitely filed a complaint, which is funny bc they take kids from other schools lol.

teamhawaii

Post by teamhawaii »

kapakahi wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:35 pm https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1146617102020829184 https://twitter.com/CodyWKrupp/status/1146653353960792064 https://twitter.com/AlohaClassic/status/1126602342990786561 https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2019-way-t ... ankings/13
https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2019-way-t ... ankings/18
Yeah, I think we all know St. Louis is going to be REALLY GOOD. lol

In regards for 2000 and up era, is this the MOST TALENTED AND HYPED FOOTBALL TEAM in Hawaii leading up to the season?

Some teams coming to mind...

‘01- Kahuku (Inoke Funaki, Mulivai Pula, JT Mapu, Sola Soliai) coming back from a Championship Season.
‘08- Punahou (Manti Teo, Roby Toma, Dalton Hilliard and bringing their first state championship to Punahou)
‘12- Kahuku (Aofaga Wily, Kawehena Johnson, KuJ Tapusoa) Coming back from a Championship season.

But with the power of Social Media now a days, man this St. Louis Team seems unmatched. We’re talking Power D1 Schools too they’re committing too. Up to 9 D1 Seniors not including the underclassmen that will Commit too next year.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Anybody can confirm transfers? Been hearing alot of chatter, especially concerning Big Red.

teamhawaii

Post by teamhawaii »

rrforlifebaby wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 am Anybody can confirm transfers? Been hearing alot of chatter, especially concerning Big Red.
As far as Kahuku...

JL Lavea from Campbell transferred to Kahuku
Harrington Waa from Campbell transferred to Kahuku
Tomasi Pasi from Chandler (AZ) transferred to Kahuku

Mason Paulo from Kahuku transferred to Jordan (UT)
Paxton Skipps from Kahuku transferred to Orem (UT)
Joshua Singh from Kahuku transferred to Orem (UT)

Kobe Muasau from Punahou transferred to Eastside Catholic (WA)

Malosi Sam from St. Louis transferred to Mililani
Kamalu Blake from St. Louis transferred to Mililani

Wynden Hoohuli from St. Louis transferred to Mililani
Micah Kim from Moanalua transferred to Mililani
Sonny Semeatu from Kapolei transferred to Mililani
Bubba Aina Chaves from St. Francis transferred to Campbell
(Per Dog 96707)

Feel free to add or correct
Last edited by teamhawaii on Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

teamhawaii wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:50 pm
rrforlifebaby wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 am Anybody can confirm transfers? Been hearing alot of chatter, especially concerning Big Red.
As far as Kahuku...

JL Lavea from Campbell transferred to Kahuku
Harrington Waa from Campbell transferred to Kahuku
Tomasi Pasi from Chandler (AZ) transferred to Kahuku

Mason Paulo from Kahuku transferred to Jordan (UT)
Paxton Skipps from Kahuku transferred to Orem (UT)

Kobe Muasau from Punahou transferred to Eastside Catholic (WA)

Malosi Sam from St. Louis transferred to Mililani
Kamalu Blake from St. Louis transferred to Mililani

Feel free to add or correct
Mahalo. Lavea and Paulo I knew about. But I've heard rumors of kids from the North transferring to Mililani and Campbell.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

I'm liking the "Glory Days" posts the Hawaii Prep World has been doing on all the head coaches