Way too early top ten HS football 2019

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Way too early top ten HS football 2019

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

#1Kahuku wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:01 pm
teamhawaii wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:28 am I believe it's basically St. Louis at number 1 and than the rest.

I think you give Mililani that OIA #1 spot out of respect but I am interested to see who will be there QB. I trust their coaching staff and I know there Defense should be cool with (Kady, Pilanca, Iosfefa). I'm assuming they got kids coming up from the JV program as well.

I can see Campbell being the #2 team in the OIA. DJ has a lot of studs returning. Freshman QB Blaine Hipa Returning, ATH Peter Manuma, Tama/Titus Mokiao-Atimalala Bros, Pokii Adkins-Kupukaa, Tyrese Tafai has been really quiet on the recruiting scene this past offseason? But those guys alone returning looks promising.

I'm still not sold on Punahou yet. Offense should be ok with QB-Brady, WR-Eldridge, RB-Terrell and OL-Moeai anchoring the O Line. But a lot of seniors graduated on Defense besides DB-Gilman and the Freshman DL Tafiti? Coaching staff always has the boys prepared come season time though, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Haven't heard anything in the Transfer news, especially the Saint Francis boys. I know one of their lineman is going to St. Thomas Aquinas in Florida. Usually Hawaii Prep World does a Spring Report but it's been media sites has been really dry leading up this Hawaii Prep Football Season.
K-12that gon be the case, schools here should refuse to play St. Louis. Wen happened in Nevada with Bishop Gorman. And if Iolani go D2, those schools ought to refuse to play dem. Iolani get one bigger enrollment den Kahuku get and dey wanna play D2?
@#1Kahuku:
1. I don't know, I don't think schools here should boycott St Louis, especially your alma mater. For the past decade at least, Kahuku has been one of the top football schools here. If they can't beat St Louis this year, what about next year? St Louis shouldn't be allowed to slide. I'd like to see Kahuku play them, get their licks in against them. Kahuku is physical enough to give St Louis as good a physical beating as St Louis can give to Kahuku. Kahuku has the physicality to tell St Louis, "Wassop? Wassop?"
2. Iolani has a bigger enrollment than Kahuku? Remember, Iolani is K-12, while Kahuku is 6-12. Counting high school only, is Iolani's enrollment bigger?
3. Iolani is no match for Kahuku physically. Kahuku has bigger players every year.

#1Kahuku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by #1Kahuku »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:00 pm
teamhawaii wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:28 am I believe it's basically St. Louis at number 1 and than the rest.

I think you give Mililani that OIA #1 spot out of respect but I am interested to see who will be there QB. I trust their coaching staff and I know there Defense should be cool with (Kady, Pilanca, Iosfefa). I'm assuming they got kids coming up from the JV program as well.

I can see Campbell being the #2 team in the OIA. DJ has a lot of studs returning. Freshman QB Blaine Hipa Returning, ATH Peter Manuma, Tama/Titus Mokiao-Atimalala Bros, Pokii Adkins-Kupukaa, Tyrese Tafai has been really quiet on the recruiting scene this past offseason? But those guys alone returning looks promising.

I'm still not sold on Punahou yet. Offense should be ok with QB-Brady, WR-Eldridge, RB-Terrell and OL-Moeai anchoring the O Line. But a lot of seniors graduated on Defense besides DB-Gilman and the Freshman DL Tafiti? Coaching staff always has the boys prepared come season time though, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Haven't heard anything in the Transfer news, especially the Saint Francis boys. I know one of their lineman is going to St. Thomas Aquinas in Florida. Usually Hawaii Prep World does a Spring Report but it's been media sites has been really dry leading up this Hawaii Prep Football Season.
K-12that gon be the case, schools here should refuse to play St. Louis. Wen happened in Nevada with Bishop Gorman. And if Iolani go D2, those schools ought to refuse to play dem. Iolani get one bigger enrollment den Kahuku get and dey wanna play D2?
@#1Kahuku:
1. I don't know, I don't think schools here should boycott St Louis, especially your alma mater. For the past decade at least, Kahuku has been one of the top football schools here. If they can't beat St Louis this year, what about next year? St Louis shouldn't be allowed to slide. I'd like to see Kahuku play them, get their licks in against them. Kahuku is physical enough to give St Louis as good a physical beating as St Louis can give to Kahuku. Kahuku has the physicality to tell St Louis, "Wassop? Wassop?"
2. Iolani has a bigger enrollment than Kahuku? Remember, Iolani is K-12, while Kahuku is 6-12. Counting high school only, is Iolani's enrollment bigger?
3. Iolani is no match for Kahuku physically. Kahuku has bigger players every year.
Yes, Iolani get one bigger enrollment den Kahuku, grades 9 thru 12.
Besides, dey and St. Lulu are two schools that be killing high skoo football hea. Ain’t nobody greedy as Iolani and St. Lulu. Those two skoos cry lak babies when dey no win state titles.
Da HHSAA bettah “tweak” the state tournament by completely expelling st louis and Iolani until they commit to giving up their predatory recruiting of our local community kids. other than that, let them play in their own “championship game” against each other and call it The Recruit Bowl
St. Louis broke the system with dey win at all costs mentality. Dey knew dey couldn’t keep up wit da local community schools which get strong neighborhood bonds and Dey knew da education they offer is subpar at best.
so what did st lulu do? they decided that the only way they can stay open is football revenue, so they destroyed high school football by ruthless and predatory recruiting. it was so bad that the OIA split and created their own league and now “coach” cal lee and his minions in the HHSAA once again is trying to merge the leagues to finish the job. now schools like mililani feel da need to recruit to even keep up and all you ILH/cal lee fanboys are blaming mililani and Kahuks instead of looking at the mirror and looking deep within your own selves
Iolani do the same thing wit dey insecurity bout losing. Yes, dey get strong academics but be poachin from Dole Intermediate jus to win at all costs like St Lulu.
The worst person in da state of Hawaii be a fan of BOTH Iolani and St Louis. He’d make Charles Manson look like an angel!

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:53 pm
teamhawaii wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:26 am
gopunahou wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:48 am
Hiram defries-Saronitman, Dillon Lundberg, Jonah Henry, and Legend Matautia are some players who could shine on our defense this year.
Thanks for that insight! I’m actually rooting for Punahou and Kamehameha to make it competitive in the ILH. I believe Punahou has the best chance.

I believe Kamehameha is facing it’s challenges to get recruits for the simple fact of being part Hawaiian and than the Test/Interview. Sadly, I don’t think Kamehameha has that HIGH REPUTATION for Hawaiian student athletes as in the 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s. Unless, I’m wrong but is there still buzz for youth football players wanting to attend Kamehameha?
@teamhawaii:
1. OK, I need some clarification as to whether a kid still needs to test into Kamehameha. I can see the interview, but is there a test? Last I heard, it was all by lottery. Can Kamehameha alumni weigh-in here, shed some light?
2. They say that players coming-up from the JV take 2 years to have an impact. But, Kamehameha's JV smashed Campbell's JV 38-0 last year.
3. Kamehameha isn't going to be competitive in ILH Open. They'll be the doormat again. They just can't seem to cut it anymore. When was their last good year? 2013?
4. Regarding Kamehameha not having that "HIGH REPUTATION" for Hawaiian athletes anymore, my suspicion is that Punahou is stealing Hawaiian athletes who, back in the day, might have attended Kamehameha.
In term's of getting accepted into a Private School, Kamehameha is by far the hardest one.

1. You have to be part Hawaiian
2. Interview
3. Math/Reading-English Test (Your scores are based on a percentile)
4. Extra Curriculars (Sports, Music, Dance, Clubs)
5. Certain amount of applicants are accepted from each district (Windward, Leeward, Honolulu, North Shore, Outer Islands)

All of most of those categories play a role in your acceptance to Kamehameha.
I'm not sure where you heard the lottery, but I don't believe that to be true.

teamhawaii

Post by teamhawaii »

#1Kahuku wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:06 pm
@#1Kahuku:
Besides, dey and St. Lulu are two schools that be killing high skoo football hea. Ain’t nobody greedy as Iolani and St. Lulu. Those two skoos cry lak babies when dey no win state titles.
Da HHSAA bettah “tweak” the state tournament by completely expelling st louis and Iolani until they commit to giving up their predatory recruiting of our local community kids. other than that, let them play in their own “championship game” against each other and call it The Recruit Bowl
St. Louis broke the system with dey win at all costs mentality. Dey knew dey couldn’t keep up wit da local community schools which get strong neighborhood bonds and Dey knew da education they offer is subpar at best.
so what did st lulu do? they decided that the only way they can stay open is football revenue, so they destroyed high school football by ruthless and predatory recruiting. it was so bad that the OIA split and created their own league and now “coach” cal lee and his minions in the HHSAA once again is trying to merge the leagues to finish the job. now schools like mililani feel da need to recruit to even keep up and all you ILH/cal lee fanboys are blaming mililani and Kahuks instead of looking at the mirror and looking deep within your own selves
Iolani do the same thing wit dey insecurity bout losing. Yes, dey get strong academics but be poachin from Dole Intermediate jus to win at all costs like St Lulu.
The worst person in da state of Hawaii be a fan of BOTH Iolani and St Louis. He’d make Charles Manson look like an angel!
I hope Kahuku can rebound. I really believe they had it right with Vavae Tata but I guess he had a dispute with the admin. Even Makoa Freitas did a decent job in his 1 year. What do you think of Sterling Carvalho?

The talent is there no question. JV only lost 1 game I believe and Laie Park Red Raiders won the 14 U for the JPS Spring Division. Hopefully, they can get the ship right this season.

teamhawaii

Post by teamhawaii »

gopunahou wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:48 am
Hiram defries-Saronitman, Dillon Lundberg, Jonah Henry, and Legend Matautia are some players who could shine on our defense this year.
Thanks for that insight! I’m actually rooting for Punahou and Kamehameha to make it competitive in the ILH. I believe Punahou has the best chance.

I believe Kamehameha is facing it’s challenges to get recruits for the simple fact of being part Hawaiian and than the Test/Interview. Sadly, I don’t think Kamehameha has that HIGH REPUTATION for Hawaiian student athletes as in the 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s. Unless, I’m wrong but is there still buzz for youth football players wanting to attend Kamehameha?
@teamhawaii:
1. OK, I need some clarification as to whether a kid still needs to test into Kamehameha. I can see the interview, but is there a test? Last I heard, it was all by lottery. Can Kamehameha alumni weigh-in here, shed some light?
2. They say that players coming-up from the JV take 2 years to have an impact. But, Kamehameha's JV smashed Campbell's JV 38-0 last year.
3. Kamehameha isn't going to be competitive in ILH Open. They'll be the doormat again. They just can't seem to cut it anymore. When was their last good year? 2013?
4. Regarding Kamehameha not having that "HIGH REPUTATION" for Hawaiian athletes anymore, my suspicion is that Punahou is stealing Hawaiian athletes who, back in the day, might have attended Kamehameha.
In term's of getting accepted into a Private School, Kamehameha is by far the hardest one.

2. Interview
5. Certain amount of applicants are accepted from each district (Windward, Leeward, Honolulu, North Shore, Outer Islands)

All or most of these categories play a role and factor in your acceptance to Kamehameha.
I'm not sure where you heard the lottery, but that's not true.

#1Kahuku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by #1Kahuku »

teamhawaii wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:34 pm I hope Kahuku can rebound. I really believe they had it right with Vavae Tata but I guess he had a dispute with the admin. Even Makoa Freitas did a decent job in his 1 year. What do you think of Sterling Carvalho?

The talent is there no question. JV only lost 1 game I believe and Laie Park Red Raiders won the 14 U for the JPS Spring Division. Hopefully, they can get the ship right this season.
I’m giving Sterling one chance, but I think we wen change choke assistants. We can win as long as St Lulu no poach players from us. Anyway, nobody wen give us a chance in 2015 and look what happened—we wen crush Tua da way Clemson did!

#1Kahuku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by #1Kahuku »

I hate to break it to you, teamhawaii, but St. Louis IS getting players from outta state. See the Sagapuloteke kid.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

@#1Kahuku:
I love how you say ILH schools cry when they don’t win championships. Who’s on here crying about recruiting this, evil Cal Lee that? Also didn’t bother to read “da ress of yo post cuz da bugga all hamma jang” but I bet it’s full of the crying you do on HPW. When Kahuku was on top, people like you posted everywhere trashing STL saying they overrated, soft, etc. When Kahuku loses people like you post stuff like boycott STL. You’re probably that guy on HPW with 4 screen names, from Waialua wishing you played for Kahuku. You just giving actual Kahuku residents a bad name. Thats the one meal you get from me, troll

teamhawaii

Post by teamhawaii »

#1Kahuku wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:12 pm I hate to break it to you, teamhawaii, but St. Louis IS getting players from outta state. See the Sagapuloteke kid.
He’s 1 player, who coincidentally had a article written about him yesterday in Hawaii Prep World lol They also have him on the roster from this past season.

Kahuku has seen their fair share of transfers from the mainland too

#1Kahuku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by #1Kahuku »

genks wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:09 pm
@#1Kahuku:
I love how you say ILH schools cry when they don’t win championships. Who’s on here crying about recruiting this, evil Cal Lee that? Also didn’t bother to read “da ress of yo post cuz da bugga all hamma jang” but I bet it’s full of the crying you do on HPW. When Kahuku was on top, people like you posted everywhere trashing STL saying they overrated, soft, etc. When Kahuku loses people like you post stuff like boycott STL. You’re probably that guy on HPW with 4 screen names, from Waialua wishing you played for Kahuku. You just giving actual Kahuku residents a bad name. Thats the one meal you get from me, troll
What makes you think I only hating on Cal Lee? Wendell Look the crook stay just as greedy as him. Besides, you ain’t no Iolani fan, too, is you?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@#1Kahuku:
@#1Kahuku: I'm shocked that Kahuku's enrollment is smaller than Iolani's, 9-12. It's amazing that Kahuku can keep fielding outstanding football teams with such a small enrollment. To be perfectly honest with you, I wouldn't mind if the HHSAA did expel St Louis and Iolani, as I don't care for either school; ESPECIALLY Iolani. But, if the HHSAA did that, St Louis and Iolani would claim that it's because the other schools can't handle. Also, actually, I don't think St Louis' education is "subpar"; it's not as good as Iolani's, but it's very decent.
What kind of annoys me about Cal Lee is that he's a Kalani alumnus, but he's all-in for St Louis instead of his alma mater. He was an assistant coach at Kalani some five years ago or more, but then he went back to St Louis. Is Iolani recruiting from Dole Middle? That's pretty low. I mean, it's one thing to raid a high school, but to raid a middle school? Come on. Besides, Dole Middle's education almost certainly isn't that strong; how can recruits from there handle Iolani School's academics?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

teamhawaii wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:30 pm

@teamhawaii:

2. Interview

All of most of those categories play a role in your acceptance to Kamehameha.
I'm not sure where you heard the lottery, but I don't believe that to be true.
@teamhawaii: OK, it CAN'T BE that Kamehameha is "by far" the "hardest" private school to get into. Kamehameha's academics can't hold a candle to Iolani's or Punahou's. I'm not saying Kamehameha's academics suck; I AM saying that it's not as good as Iolani's or Punahou's. The hardest part about getting into Kamehameha is that the kid has to have Hawaiian blood; THAT, and the fact that there isn't enough room for all the part-Hawaiian kids who want to enroll there.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

teamhawaii wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:34 pm
@#1Kahuku:
I hope Kahuku can rebound. I really believe they had it right with Vavae Tata but I guess he had a dispute with the admin. Even Makoa Freitas did a decent job in his 1 year. What do you think of Sterling Carvalho?

@teamhawaii: I don't think Tata was really a good fit. For one thing, he's a St Louis alumnus. I mean, it can be hard for Kahuku alumni to accept a football HC at their alma mater who's a St Louis grad; the rivalry is just a little too strong. Any sport but football.
Kahuku might have a chance for OIA, but not States. They just won't be able to get around St Louis. Kahuku's JV was good, but so was St Louis'.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:09 pm
@#1Kahuku:
@genks: Well, I don't think anyone can call St Louis "soft." OK, they might be overrated during any given year, but I don't think they can be called "soft." When I was in high school in the mid-1970s, the St Louis football team already had a tough reputation. They weren't as big or as good as they are now, but they were tough, pound for pound. They were very scrappy.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

teamhawaii wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:14 pm
#1Kahuku wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:12 pm I hate to break it to you, teamhawaii, but St. Louis IS getting players from outta state. See the Sagapuloteke kid.
He’s 1 player, who coincidentally had a article written about him yesterday in Hawaii Prep World lol They also have him on the roster from this past season.

Kahuku has seen their fair share of transfers from the mainland too
@teamhawaii: Kahuku is kind of known as the "Mormon school", because Laie is in their school district. I think that's why they sometimes get good players from Utah, which is a strongly Mormon state. Not only that; many Polys are Mormon, and we know how good Polys are in football.