Way too early top ten HS football 2019

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Way too early top ten HS football 2019

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

#1Kahuku wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:52 pm If genks ain’t no Iolani fan, I might like him even though he one Crusader.

An Fanatic, I wen seen some people who wen support Iolani an St Louis. Maybe dey parents.

Cannot believe no Iolani fan wen come an bash me. You figgah dey go come an claim dey bettah den me since dey Iolani fans!
@#1Kahuku:
1. Regarding genks, again, I'd be very surprised if, as a St Louis alumnus, he's also an Iolani fan. They only way I can see that happening is if his kid(s) are at Iolani. But, why wouldn't he send them to St Louis instead? If he has a daughter, why wouldn't he send her to Sacred Hearts, St Louis' sister school?
2. One thing I have to admit about Iolani alumni is that most of them have a lot of class. I think that might be one reason why they don't get on here and nail you. I mean, when I think of the typical Iolani alumnus, I think of someone who's reserved. Another reason might be that there aren't that many Iolani alumni on this message-board. There was one a month or two ago, but he's been pretty quiet. Can't recall the last time he posted.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Dog 96707 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:49 pm Well now we know where rb and OL from st. francis will be going to school this year. That's a solid addition to an already talented farrington squad.
@Dog 96707: OK, I LIKE hearing that. That shows that the parents of those two players are humble. After all, Farrington High is not known for its academics. Whomever those parents are, I tip my hat to them in appreciation and admiration. I admire their humility. Also, I'm very OK with Farrington High; there's nothing about that school that I dislike.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

@HS FB Fanatic, remember Kaiwi Chung, who played at Kamehameha and UH? His brother is a Punahou graduate who played a huge role in helping us win the state championship.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:20 pm
Dog 96707 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:11 am Alright!! the season will be here soon... Any word on where the st. francis kids will be playing, or any major transfer news?? I know Stl RB Sam and LB Deblake transferred to Mililani as well as an LB from Kapolei also. that's the biggest news I've heard so far. I know that the oia doesn't have a rule on transferring, basically if you live in kahuku and want to go to campbell… you can. If you live in Kapolei, and want to go to Mililani...you can. If you live in kalihi, and want to go to Mililani....you can. it's all good!! Can't complain, just got to let it ride and enjoy the season. Just like with the ilh, can't be mad that stl and Punahou get a lot of top notch athletes. i'd want my kids to go there, if they could handle it and i could afford it lol. i mean stl is only really a football powerhouse, but Punahou won 1/3 of all the hs sports state titles this past year....that's a big time athletic program. i could care less if ilh or oia recruit (and it's obviously happening in both leagues) i just want to see some solid games. and i believe the way it's set up now (open, d1 and d2) it's more competitive than it was before.
@Dog 96707: Well, I'm glad that Deblake and Sam have transferred to Mililani, instead of to, say, Punahou. And, yes, OIA students can transfer to other OIA schools if they secure a geographic exception; doesn't matter where on the island you live. But, isn't there a rule that the kid has to sit-out one year? If that's the case, Sam and Deblake can't play this coming season. And, I'm glad you mentioned Punahou hog-cheesing so many state titles. This didn't happen only last year; it happens just about every year, and that's what I resent. Given Punahou's annual hog-cheesing of titles, I find it galling to see them win ANY games in ANY sport.
They will be eligible, transfers into OIA schools are eligible no matter OIA -OIA or ILH - OIA. It’s just transferring into ILH that you need to sit out

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

I read in Hawaii prep world today that the st. francis rb is going to campbell, not farrington. It's his brother, the st. francis qb, that's going to farrington. LOL!!! I wonder why both brothers are not going to the same school??? Ummmmmmm, that's kinda strange.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:41 pm
Dog 96707 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:49 pm Well now we know where rb and OL from st. francis will be going to school this year. That's a solid addition to an already talented farrington squad.
@Dog 96707: OK, I LIKE hearing that. That shows that the parents of those two players are humble. After all, Farrington High is not known for its academics. Whomever those parents are, I tip my hat to them in appreciation and admiration. I admire their humility. Also, I'm very OK with Farrington High; there's nothing about that school that I dislike.
At this point I don't think it's about loyalty to say , Farrington. I'm sure the HC sat down with the parents and said YOUR SON CAN START IMMEDIATELY. it's about immediatel exposure. I'm really surprise that the other Aina-Chaves is going to Campbell where he is not guaranteed rb because Skylar Lactoen is the stud at rb. I guess some OIA schools will also score on St.Francis basketball studs for 2019 season too. Unless the ILH sit out rule is only for football.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:46 pm
Even with those additions, I don’t think Farrington will finish among the top 4 in the Open. They should win more games than last year, though, and won’t lose 72-6 to St. Louis again.
@gopunahou: I agree. What Farrington needs is a kick-butt pass game and a kick-butt D. If they had those, St Louis would be forced to respect them.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

unpaid wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:26 pm St.Francis QB really helps the Gov offense,because Raymond Millare was their only game breaker returning on offense what with Afe graduating and RJ Tagataese transferring to a Las Vegas high school. Chaves can direct the offense, get the ball to Millare,and the OL St.Francis kid is a monster addition to the OL even by Bamboola standards. 6-7 and 340 lbs is huge for them. The Govs have had traditionally tough offensive lines with a lot of 250-300 pounders, but only 6-0 or less in height.

I think Farrington now might be able to get past Waianae and maybe even Kapolei to avoid the Open cellar this year.
@unpaid: For some three decades now, Farrington has always had an elephant O-line; I think they've been known every year as the "bamboochas," or it might be "bamboolas," as you termed them. OK, Farrington has always had big O-lines, but they were usually fat and slow. They need an O-line that's not only huge, but with good footwork; and kind of solid, not just fat.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:08 pm @HS FB Fanatic, remember Kaiwi Chung, who played at Kamehameha and UH? His brother is a Punahou graduate who played a huge role in helping us win the state championship.
@gopunahou: I think so. Wasn't he Kamehameha's center, and didn't he go on to play for UH?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Markeke wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:15 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:41 pm
At this point I don't think it's about loyalty to say , Farrington. I'm sure the HC sat down with the parents and said YOUR SON CAN START IMMEDIATELY. it's about immediatel exposure. I'm really surprise that the other Aina-Chaves is going to Campbell where he is not guaranteed rb because Skylar Lactoen is the stud at rb. I guess some OIA schools will also score on St.Francis basketball studs for 2019 season too. Unless the ILH sit out rule is only for football.
@Markeke: I like hearing THAT, too, that Farrington's HC probably told his parents, "He'll start!" The Farrington HC is akamai; he knows he's got competition from other schools.
Regarding the ILH sit-out rule, I don't see why it would apply to football only. In the OIA, I heard there's a rule in girls' volleyball that says if a girl transfers from one OIA school to another OIA school, she has to sit-out one year. I don't see why it would apply to girls' volleyball only. If it makes sense for one sport, it has to make sense for every other sport, as that rule is to discourage kids from playing "musical chairs" with schools, going each year to whichever school has a good team that year.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Just saw the OIA-ILH schedule. I think the schedule makers stuck it to St. Louis, being that they play Kahuku and then us in consecutive weeks.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

gopunahou wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:09 pm Just saw the OIA-ILH schedule. I think the schedule makers stuck it to St. Louis, being that they play Kahuku and then us in consecutive weeks.
Lol, I think the schedule maker stuck it to Kahuku by taking the home field away. It's a big thing to play a big game at Kahuku. At least PUN played last year at Kahuku. If that game was was at Aloha, no doubt Pun would have won.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Way too early top ten HS football 2

Post by gopunahou »

I can’t remember but was there an overflowing crowd for the Punahou-Kahuku game last year? Because the Kamehameha-Kahuku was originally scheduled to happen @ Kahuku before they moved it to the stadium.

#1Kahuku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by #1Kahuku »

I get one solution—kick St Louis (St Lulu) and Iolani (weak-olani) outta da alliance an let dem play each udda all 17 weeks. It be the greed bowl!

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Way too early top ten HS football 2

Post by Markeke »

gopunahou wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:15 pm I can’t remember but was there an overflowing crowd for the Punahou-Kahuku game last year? Because the Kamehameha-Kahuku was originally scheduled to happen @ Kahuku before they moved it to the stadium.
I think last year's Kamehameha game was moved because of Storm Olivia? That's why it's at Kahuku this year. That''s also why StL. Mil game was postponed but never made up.