2019 Judo High school season

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2019 Judo High school season

Post by Rds »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:11 pm
Rds wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:54 am
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:38 pm

@Rds: There was nothing on scoringlive, either. Guess it's "sport discrimination"; judo simply isn't getting the respect/coverage that some other sports do. Not that I have much to add; I don't know the first thing about judo.
Scoringlive didn't do anything this year about wrestling either maybe it's true that they want to do away with judo as a high school sport because of all the injuries that's why they stop writing about it
@Rds: That would be a lame excuse on their part. Football and soccer create more injuries; are they going do-away with those sports?
That would be a lame excuse but it seems like that's what they want to do they already stop televising the state championship for the past to years what's up with that

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Rds wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:15 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:11 pm
Rds wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:54 am
Scoringlive didn't do anything this year about wrestling either maybe it's true that they want to do away with judo as a high school sport because of all the injuries that's why they stop writing about it
@Rds: That would be a lame excuse on their part. Football and soccer create more injuries; are they going do-away with those sports?
That would be a lame excuse but it seems like that's what they want to do they already stop televising the state championship for the past to years what's up with that
@Rds: Seeing as televising championships is market-driven, my supposition is that judo isn't popular enough. I know that sounds harsh, but that's the only conclusion I can reach.

ringworm
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ringworm »

The coverage is pretty bad, only 2 stories so far ILH and OIA championships. The state brackets are up online. I seen some of the finals this past weekend at OIA. Moanalua took some hits in the finals. The girls side light weights all lost back to back, 98, 103, and 109. It don't really matter cause this week is the main tournament. Mililani girls won them at 98 and 103 back to back. Last week left in the season. Good luck to everyone that qualified for states this Saturday!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ringworm wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:04 am The coverage is pretty bad, only 2 stories so far ILH and OIA championships. The state brackets are up online. I seen some of the finals this past weekend at OIA. Moanalua took some hits in the finals. The girls side light weights all lost back to back, 98, 103, and 109. It don't really matter cause this week is the main tournament. Mililani girls won them at 98 and 103 back to back. Last week left in the season. Good luck to everyone that qualified for states this Saturday!
@ringworm: As I read your post, I thought about an old song, "Our Day Will Come", by a group called Ruby & the Romantics. It was a big hit back in the mid-1960s or so, when I was still in elementary school, but I remember hearing it on the radio constantly. Anyway, judo apparently isn't given much respect in the media, but perhaps someday, "judo's day will come."

Rds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Rds »

Does anyone know about the OIA east & west all star judo team? Is this something new? Who do they challenge or is it just for bragging rights?

wkrp
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by wkrp »

Rds wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:10 pm Does anyone know about the OIA east & west all star judo team? Is this something new? Who do they challenge or is it just for bragging rights?
It's always been around. They select the team based on the divisional tournament. If you get 1st in the West or East Divisional then you are a 1st team all-star. 2nd place and you are a 2nd team all-star. Just a recognition thing. Honor them for being best in their division.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

wkrp wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:19 pm
Rds wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:10 pm Does anyone know about the OIA east & west all star judo team? Is this something new? Who do they challenge or is it just for bragging rights?
It's always been around. They select the team based on the divisional tournament. If you get 1st in the West or East Divisional then you are a 1st team all-star. 2nd place and you are a 2nd team all-star. Just a recognition thing. Honor them for being best in their division.
@wkrp: Moanalua High took the boys' and girls' State titles, right? Moanalua High is a school that I'm quite OK with, so I'd like to "toot their horn" for them.