Roosevelt high school football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Roosevelt high school football

Post by cabanalane »

Is their record this year 8-1? That's great for players that are not that big in size.

I read that they also got a "new" QB coach from Saint Louis. He was a Roosevelt Alumni from the 80s, and decided to return back to his alma mater. True? If so, what's going on with Saint Louis if one of their "best" coaches left. Since SL have a history of generating great QBs.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Roosevelt high school football

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

cabanalane wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:18 am Is their record this year 8-1? That's great for players that are not that big in size.

I read that they also got a "new" QB coach from Saint Louis. He was a Roosevelt Alumni from the 80s, and decided to return back to his alma mater. True? If so, what's going on with Saint Louis if one of their "best" coaches left. Since SL have a history of generating great QBs.
@cabanalane: Well, who knows, right? Could have been a falling-out of some kind, or perhaps he was no longer happy at St Louis. But, if it's true that Roosevelt's QB coach had left St Louis, well, good for him. He's being a good Roosevelt alumnus. Having said that, though, I'm glad that St Louis HC Cal Lee decided to go back to coaching St Louis. He's a Kalani alumnus, and for a few years he was an assistant coach there. But now he's back to being HC at St Louis, and the reason I'm glad of that is that I want St Louis to win the ILH Open title. They play Punahou this coming weekend for the title, and Punahou is tough. St Louis will need every advantage it can get, including a masterful HC like Cal.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Roosevelt high school football

Post by cabanalane »

I just looked it up. He was the JV HC for SL. Anthony Monteilh. He is now with Roosevelt varsity. That may explain why Roosevelt is doing good this year.