unpaid D-II football.

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: unpaid D-II football.

Post by Markeke »

Lahaina luna is making this Tier system look like a scam. Two time D2 champ, beats both D1 Maui teams, twice. The roster looks like a beefy Open Roster,with 300lbs,multiple 275+,many skilled players. They would be very competitive with D1 Waipahu. They need to move up. My prediction is at minimum 2 td win over Kapaa.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Koa Trophy time,

Lahainaluna vs. Kapaa,

Kapaa has made definite improvement since that early season loss to the Lunas. They can beat you on the ground and in the air. On the other hand,Lahainaluna is a well run machine that has simply tried to perfect their game all season long. Lunas for the Koa.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Props to Lahainaluna coaching staff. I thought after they were down big, they just had to stick to what they've typically done with that full house pistol crazy shifting running stuff instead of trying to go four-wide. Of course time would be a factor with trying to grind out TD drives but they went uptempo and stayed the course. That momentum built. You seen with Hilo keep trying to go deep but coming up empty and then Mililani continually trying to go deep but throwing interceptions instead. Lunas did their thing.

They'll have to move up to D1 but you look at the size of their line and they're not an Open team like Markeke suggested. Lot of talent, smart, smaller, but I don't think they have enough speed to make up for it to be an Open team. Division I for sure. Should be fun to see them next year.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Final 2018 rank,

1.Lahainaluna 11-0 Kudos to the Lunas.Champs.
2.Kapaa 7-3 Warriors made it a game so much that Lahainaluna had to come from behind to win.
3.Roosevelt 11-3
4.Kaimuki 9-4
5.Kamehameha-Maui 6-3
6.Kauai 6-2
7.Kamehameha-Hawaii 6-2
8.Konawaena 5-5
9.Pearl City 7-5
10.Kaiser 4-4-1