unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

IolaniFanAlum wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:52 pm
genks wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:12 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:42 pm @teamhawaii, genks: See? And this isn't the first time Mililani has "overscheduled," right? gopunahou said Mililani won't be as strong this coming season as they were last season; didn't York see that coming, too? And now they're going to get blown-out by Bosco, and might suffer injuries, in addition. So, Mililani High gets humiliated, which might affect its players psychologically, which might affect how they play in games afterwards, and the alumni get pissed. Plus, the game doesn't even count. York needs to stop biting-off more than he can chew.
Hopefully there’ll be no injuries, and it’s likely to get ugly. But I think Unpaid is on to something with his FSU example. Imagine if they scored an upset against a nationally ranked team, tgey’d Be the talk of the week and that could go a long way with recognition and attracting players to Mililani (yes we all know their players are not only Mililani residents). More mainland teams would also look their way when scheduling out of conference games. It would also be good for the coaches to see what the top teams are doing.

If we look at the Crusaders, they might be looking to find where they really stand. Max Preps rankings are nice, but let’s be real there are lots of teams ranked under them that can beat them. So they are sort of doing what you suggest, working up rather than starting against #1.

Maybe we will see the same from York next year. I’m sure he doesn’t enjoy getting rolled up either. But this will be the 2nd year in a row that the HS football community will be watching on a national level, thanks to the attention that follows Bosco
Genks, you wouldn’t happen to know a St Louis fan named KickerMVP, would you?
@IolaniFanAlum: OK, so we've got an Iolani alumnus aboard! Welcome. Umm, I guess I should confess right-off that I'm most definitely not a fan of Iolani School, but please, don't take it personally. After all, I don't even know who you are personally. You'd make a perfect counterweight to gopunahou, who's a Punahou alumnus. And, you know the rivalry that exists between Iolani School and Punahou School. I think that's the most bitter high school rivalry on the island, bar none. If it's any consolation, I'm most definitely not a fan of Punahou School, either, but gopunahou is a very good sport, and takes it all in stride. If fact, over the years, I've posted several times that he's a credit to his alma mater, because he has so much class. Also, I prefer Iolani School to Punahou School, so at least there's that for you. I'm pretty sure genks is a St Louis alumnus; I think he mentioned that in a post a while back.

IolaniFanAlum
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IolaniFanAlum »

genks wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:21 pm
genks wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:12 pm

Hopefully there’ll be no injuries, and it’s likely to get ugly. But I think Unpaid is on to something with his FSU example. Imagine if they scored an upset against a nationally ranked team, tgey’d Be the talk of the week and that could go a long way with recognition and attracting players to Mililani (yes we all know their players are not only Mililani residents). More mainland teams would also look their way when scheduling out of conference games. It would also be good for the coaches to see what the top teams are doing.

If we look at the Crusaders, they might be looking to find where they really stand. Max Preps rankings are nice, but let’s be real there are lots of teams ranked under them that can beat them. So they are sort of doing what you suggest, working up rather than starting against #1.

Maybe we will see the same from York next year. I’m sure he doesn’t enjoy getting rolled up either. But this will be the 2nd year in a row that the HS football community will be watching on a national level, thanks to the attention that follows Bosco
No sir
Thank you for answering. You are not missing anything, being that he’s antagonized my team for years and thinks everybody at Iolani is an elitist. He’s the walking definition of hypocrite. Him and people with his opinions all think alike and deserve to suffer in agony for their opinions.

Fanatic, dont let it bother you that I’m an Iolani grad. We’ve had tons of them give us a bad name but I’m nothing like them.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

IolaniFanAlum wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:10 pm
No sir
Thank you for answering. You are not missing anything, being that he’s antagonized my team for years and thinks everybody at Iolani is an elitist. He’s the walking definition of hypocrite. Him and people with his opinions all think alike and deserve to suffer in agony for their opinions.

Fanatic, dont let it bother you that I’m an Iolani grad. We’ve had tons of them give us a bad name but I’m nothing like them.
Is that on this forum?

Yes I am a Crusader

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

No sir

@IolaniFanAlum: Oh, no, it doesn't bother me that you're an Iolani alumnus. As I tell gopunahou, I don't like your alma mater, but that doesn't mean I don't like you. An alumnus and his alma mater are two separate things; two separate entities. Also, Iolani School has a better reputation than some other high schools. In fact, it's probably one of the best high schools on the island. Every high school has some alumni that give it a bad name. You figure that every high school has graduated thousands of people; there have to be some bad ones among them. It's a statistical certainty. Even people who were good students in high school can turn bad later on, for one reason or another.

IolaniFanAlum
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IolaniFanAlum »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:20 pm

No sir

@IolaniFanAlum: Oh, no, it doesn't bother me that you're an Iolani alumnus. As I tell gopunahou, I don't like your alma mater, but that doesn't mean I don't like you. An alumnus and his alma mater are two separate things; two separate entities. Also, Iolani School has a better reputation than some other high schools. In fact, it's probably one of the best high schools on the island. Every high school has some alumni that give it a bad name. You figure that every high school has graduated thousands of people; there have to be some bad ones among them. It's a statistical certainty. Even people who were good students in high school can turn bad later on, for one reason or another.
You seem like a decent person. you don’t seem to have opinions I hate.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

IolaniFanAlum wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:40 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:20 pm

You seem like a decent person. you don’t seem to have opinions I hate.
@IolaniFanAlum: Well, I try to be polite to people so they don't light into me, but I haven't always been successful at that. I'm glad you don't hate my opinion about your alma mater.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I think most people already knew this, but LBP is Snoop Dogg's alma mater.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:50 pm I think most people already knew this, but LBP is Snoop Dogg's alma mater.
@gopunahou:
1. What school is "LBP"? I know "LBA": Lanakila Baptist Academy. But which school is "LBP"?
2. Who's Snoop Dogg?

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

HS football is almost here!!! I know spring football has already begun at most schools. Should be an interesting year, St louis looks like they're loaded with crazy talent this season and should be the top dogs. I think Punahou will be right up there also, returning most of their offense from a year ago. the OIA will be the usual suspects, Mililani, kahuku and campbell again. Mililani will be getting a few transfers from st louis and st francis which should help out right away. kahuku is always a beast, they always got talent, haven't heard of any transfers coming or leaving there(I believe the kahuku boys that went to campbell last season will be going back to campbell for their senior season). Campbell probably got one of the most talented teams in the state, hopefully they can put it together and contend for that OIA championship.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Dog 96707 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:15 pm HS football is almost here!!! I know spring football has already begun at most schools. Should be an interesting year, St louis looks like they're loaded with crazy talent this season and should be the top dogs. I think Punahou will be right up there also, returning most of their offense from a year ago. the OIA will be the usual suspects, Mililani, kahuku and campbell again. Mililani will be getting a few transfers from st louis and st francis which should help out right away. kahuku is always a beast, they always got talent, haven't heard of any transfers coming or leaving there(I believe the kahuku boys that went to campbell last season will be going back to campbell for their senior season). Campbell probably got one of the most talented teams in the state, hopefully they can put it together and contend for that OIA championship.
If this year’s team possesses the attitude of the 2013 team, that might give us a chance to beat St. Louis once. But Coach Ane will be the first to say that SLS is the favorite until somebody takes them down.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:55 pm
Dog 96707 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:15 pm HS football is almost here!!! I know spring football has already begun at most schools. Should be an interesting year, St louis looks like they're loaded with crazy talent this season and should be the top dogs. I think Punahou will be right up there also, returning most of their offense from a year ago. the OIA will be the usual suspects, Mililani, kahuku and campbell again. Mililani will be getting a few transfers from st louis and st francis which should help out right away. kahuku is always a beast, they always got talent, haven't heard of any transfers coming or leaving there(I believe the kahuku boys that went to campbell last season will be going back to campbell for their senior season). Campbell probably got one of the most talented teams in the state, hopefully they can put it together and contend for that OIA championship.
If this year’s team possesses the attitude of the 2013 team, that might give us a chance to beat St. Louis once. But Coach Ane will be the first to say that SLS is the favorite until somebody takes them down.
@gopunahou: Well, the Puns should be loaded on O, but the Crusaders should be loaded on O and D. That will be the Puns' challenge.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Did I read somewhere that the Atimalala bros are leaving Campbell?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:55 am
@genks: Sorry, I have never even heard of them. I'm assuming they're good, as you've mentioned them. Having said that, any word as to which school they're transferring to?

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:55 pm
@genks: Sorry, I have never even heard of them. I'm assuming they're good, as you've mentioned them. Having said that, any word as to which school they're transferring to?
I believe they started at Kapolei then played at Campbell last year. Both brothers are good receivers and play DB also. So losing them would be losing 2 starting receivers AND 2 starting DBs. At least I think they play both ways the whole game. I thought someone posted a while back that they may be leaving Campbell. Not sure of any other details or if the rumor is true

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:48 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:55 pm

I believe they started at Kapolei then played at Campbell last year. Both brothers are good receivers and play DB also. So losing them would be losing 2 starting receivers AND 2 starting DBs. At least I think they play both ways the whole game. I thought someone posted a while back that they may be leaving Campbell. Not sure of any other details or if the rumor is true
@genks: Wow. If both of them start at receiver and DB, that would be a huge loss for Campbell High. That would be like losing 4 starters. If they're brothers, it seems safe to assume that both of them would transfer to the same school. Wonder which school will be the lucky one to get them. Of course, as you say, it's only a rumor. But if it's true, Campbell High will be dealt a heavy blow, and some other school will receive a bonanza.