unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
genks
Starter
Starter

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by genks »

Good start for Kam

In the i mortal words of Nate Diaz......

“I’m not surprised motherf*****s”

J/k but seriously this is there collecting respect tour.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Very good start for the Crusaders. De Laura looked very good, nice accurate throws. Twice he tried to do too much, one of those times resulted in a sack.

Next week he will face a much tougher defense in Narbonne. I know we don’t want to run the score up with the starters, but De Laura needs the playing time. I wish he could’ve just stayed in till the end of the 3rd quarter. The drives on offense were so short. Would’ve been nice for him to get more playing time to prep for Narbonne.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

Wow, assuming Waipahu has some/most/all of their key missing players back, either Waianae is that bad or Iolani is that good. :-?

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

bandits1 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:46 pm Wow, assuming Waipahu has some/most/all of their key missing players back, either Waianae is that bad or Iolani is that good. :-?
Something tells me that Iolani would beat Waianae by about 28. It’d be embarrassing if we lose to them!
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

hawaiibettor
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hawaiibettor »

if im on he mainland, is there anyway i can watch the kahuku game tonight?

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

It’d suck AIDS boto if St. Louis and Iolani dominate their respective divisions the way the Timmy Chang-era St. Louis teams and 2008-2010 Iolani teams dominated theirs, respectively. I know public schools would love that as much as they love massive budget cuts.
Last edited by gopunahou on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

hawaiibettor
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hawaiibettor »

something tells me punahou is gonna destroy kahuku tonight

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

bandits1 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:46 pm Wow, assuming Waipahu has some/most/all of their key missing players back, either Waianae is that bad or Iolani is that good. :-?
@bandits1: I am absolutely stunned by Iolani's win, and the margin of victory. I'm also frustrated, because I don't care for Iolani School at all. I have a bad feeling that both Waianae is that bad this year, and even more so, that Iolani is that good. Can someone tell me whether Iolani has a big D-line? Otherwise, I can't see how they held Waipahu to 14 points when Waipahu has an outstanding RB and a decent-sized O-line.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:56 pm
Something tells me that Iolani would beat Waianae by about 28. It’d be embarrassing if we lose to them!
@gopunahou: Let's get real. There is no way that Punahou will lose to Waianae. No way. I'd like them to. (You know how I feel about your alma mater.) But, it ain't gonna happen.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:00 pm
@bandits1: I am absolutely stunned by Iolani's win, and the margin of victory. I'm also frustrated, because I don't care for Iolani School at all. I have a bad feeling that both Waianae is that bad this year, and even more so, that Iolani is that good. Can someone tell me whether Iolani has a big D-line? Otherwise, I can't see how they held Waipahu to 14 points when Waipahu has an outstanding RB and a decent-sized O-line.
It’d be embarrassing and frustrating if we lose to them. Even our 1997-2004 teams (three of which played against Timmy Chang and co) didn’t lose a game as bad as Waianae did last night.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

hawaiibettor wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:58 pm if im on he mainland, is there anyway i can watch the kahuku game tonight?
@hawaiibettor: I know it's on OC16, but is it also streaming online? Anyone out there know? If it is streaming online, I'd assume you can watch from the mainland.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:00 pm It’d suck AIDS boto if St. Louis and Iolani dominate their respective divisions the way the Timmy Chang-era St. Louis teams and 2008-2010 Iolani teams dominated theirs, respectively. I know public schools would love that as much as they love massive budget cuts.
@gopunahou: As I type this, Punahou is up 14-7 over Kahuku. Both of Punahou's TDs came via the pass. If Punahou can pass like that against St Louis, they have a chance to beat St Louis. If Punahou beats Kahuku tonight, Punahou would be an even more legit threat to St Louis. As for Iolani in D1, I see only two schools that can challenge them: Leilehua and Kailua. Personally, I hope Kahuku dominates Open, and Kailua dominates D1. I'd be OK with Leilehua, but I prefer Kailua. Like you, I definitely do not want to see Iolani dominate D1.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:07 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:00 pm
It’d be embarrassing and frustrating if we lose to them. Even our 1997-2004 teams (three of which played against Timmy Chang and co) didn’t lose a game as bad as Waianae did last night.
@gopunahou: Again, I don't know why you're worrying about Waianae. Waianae doesn't have an ice cube's chance in hell of beating Punahou. I mean, as I type this, Punahou is up by 7 over Kahuku. (I assume it's Waianae you're worrying about. Does Punahou play Iolani this year? I don't think so. Not with the new format.)

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

1st half thoughts Kahuku vs Punahou thoughts.....

Brady definetly looks better than last year. He was having a good time victimizing Kahuku’s #6 lol. Made some very nice plays, took a few big hits.

I’ve watched Liufau play for a few years now. He’s my favorite player on Punahou. Fast, tough, smart, easy to spot because of the hair.

We’ll see what Kahuku’s defense comes with in the 2nd half. Gotta beat them ALL FOUR QUARTERS, just ask Mililani.

Very good game. I considered going out to watch it in person, glad I didn’t since it’s raining.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Imagine, if a combo of STL, Punahou or Kam were the best 2 teams in the state, still only 1 would be allowed to play in the state tournament.

Not jumping to conclusions, not saying it’s true, just a thought.