ILH-OIA merger—hope this is true

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: ILH-OIA merger—hope this is true

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

soleu wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:20 pm Gonna be tough to watch the states if the 3 ILH teams finish in the top four then 2 lower ranked OIA teams get into the tourney over them.
@soleu: Well, that happens almost every year, right? Almost every year, St Louis, Punahou, and Kamehameha are in the Top Ten. Yet, only one of those schools can go to States.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

In 2018 and 2019 at least, the argument of how many teams should the ILH get into Open states can be sorted out. Every Open team has to play each other. If you get two years of the Big 3 finishing in the top four in the unofficial won-lost total among OIA and ILH Open teams combined,then there could be a case for adding a second ILH team to the mix in states. We will just have to see how the overall team records fall out in the next two seasons.

Right now, Kahuku and Punahou would be my favorites to take the Open koa.Mililani trails slightly...not sure about their lines this fall.D-I might be a battle between St.Francis, Waipahu and Leilehua on Oahu. In the new Oahu D-II,I think Iolani,Pearl City,and Kaimuki will battle it out for the best record.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

So I guess it's official. I have a feeling Saint Louis is still just gonna steamroll everyone except Kahuku. Definitely helps out the lower divisions tho

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Neighbor wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:54 pm So I guess it's official. I have a feeling Saint Louis is still just gonna steamroll everyone except Kahuku. Definitely helps out the lower divisions tho
@Neighbor: I'm looking for Kahuku to beat St Louis in States. I'm looking for them to get revenge for this past season's title-game loss.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:33 pm
Neighbor wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:54 pm So I guess it's official. I have a feeling Saint Louis is still just gonna steamroll everyone except Kahuku. Definitely helps out the lower divisions tho
@Neighbor: I'm looking for Kahuku to beat St Louis in States. I'm looking for them to get revenge for this past season's title-game loss.
The only time I ever cheer against Kahuku is when they play us.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:22 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:33 pm
The only time I ever cheer against Kahuku is when they play us.
@gopunahou: Yeah. I, for one, am OK with Kahuku High; I don't dislike them at all. I know only two people who dislike that school, and both of them are women. I don't know why that is.

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

YES!! It's official!! It's about time something like this happens, every game should be competitive. Kahuku, mils and Campbell gotta be the top oia teams right now. especially with all of the transfers that Campbell got or will be getting, shoot they may be on the top when it's all said and done. Not sure about the ilh though. Stl got tuitele but lost a ton of key players to graduation. Pun got tufono, liufau, makaula... a lot more returning talent it seems. Not sure about kam. but it'll be a very exciting season to say the least

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Dog 96707 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:59 am YES!! It's official!! It's about time something like this happens, every game should be competitive. Kahuku, mils and Campbell gotta be the top oia teams right now. especially with all of the transfers that Campbell got or will be getting, shoot they may be on the top when it's all said and done. Not sure about the ilh though. Stl got tuitele but lost a ton of key players to graduation. Pun got tufono, liufau, makaula... a lot more returning talent it seems. Not sure about kam. but it'll be a very exciting season to say the least
@Dog 96707: Yeah, guys were posting about all the football transfers Campbell has been getting. Could it be that Campbell will beat Kahuku? I don't know, I'm kind of OK with Campbell High, but I prefer Kahuku High. For whatever reason, even though Kahuku is good in football every year, I don't resent them; I don't know what is. For some reason, I like that school. In the ILH, I hate to say it but I think Punahou will take it. St Louis is losing too many players to graduation. Kamehameha? They have some good players coming back on D, but their O will suck. They're losing their QB and their top RB to graduation. Two key guys on their D-line are also graduating this year.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Dog 96707 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:59 am YES!! It's official!! It's about time something like this happens, every game should be competitive. Kahuku, mils and Campbell gotta be the top oia teams right now. especially with all of the transfers that Campbell got or will be getting, shoot they may be on the top when it's all said and done. Not sure about the ilh though. Stl got tuitele but lost a ton of key players to graduation. Pun got tufono, liufau, makaula... a lot more returning talent it seems. Not sure about kam. but it'll be a very exciting season to say the least
Two players are battling for the top QB spot—both of them underclassmen (Muasau and Brady). Two other underclassmen should be our best RB and WR, respectively. We should perform much better than last year if we put the ball in their hands (and use Maninoa on offense if need be). I do know KSK returns all of its WRs (although they probably won’t use them even though they should) and a sophomore-to-be QB who started a couple of games.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:28 pm
Two players are battling for the top QB spot—both of them underclassmen (Muasau and Brady). Two other underclassmen should be our best RB and WR, respectively. We should perform much better than last year if we put the ball in their hands (and use Maninoa on offense if need be). I do know KSK returns all of its WRs (although they probably won’t use them even though they should) and a sophomore-to-be QB who started a couple of games.
@gopunahou: As you know, I'm not very fond of your alma mater, but I am picking them to win ILH D1. As for Kamehameha, OK, they have good receivers, but they will have lost a good QB (Yam) to graduation. That freshman QB who started two games? Just because he started doesn't mean anything. He started because their vars backups sucked. So, while Kamehameha will have a good receiving corps, they'll have no one good to get the ball to them. Also, I don't think Kamehameha's O-line will be that good. So, not only will their QB not be that good; he probably won't get good protection on top of that. I think things look pretty grim for Kamehameha on O.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Who will be St Louis' quarterback? I remember Miano praising someone on the radio who was a transfer

Dog 96707

Post by Dog 96707 »

The stl qb will be a Damien transfer delaura. never played a varsity snap, not sure how he'll be.
Also heard that sol jay might be leaving kahuku? can anyone else confirm this?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Dog 96707 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:19 am The stl qb will be a Damien transfer delaura. never played a varsity snap, not sure how he'll be.
@Dog 96707: Someone on this thread or the basketball thread posted that Maiava wasn't seen the last few games of Kahuku's basketball season. Either that same guy or someone else posted that he might have transferred to Campbell? Anyway, about DeLaura: Never played a vars snap? Then he might be as questionable as Kamehameha's QB, though he started two vars games this past season, as a freshman.

Dog 96707

Post by Dog 96707 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:45 pm
Dog 96707 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:19 am The stl qb will be a Damien transfer delaura. never played a varsity snap, not sure how he'll be.
@Dog 96707: Someone on this thread or the basketball thread posted that Maiava wasn't seen the last few games of Kahuku's basketball season. Either that same guy or someone else posted that he might have transferred to Campbell? Anyway, about DeLaura: Never played a vars snap? Then he might be as questionable as Kamehameha's QB, though he started two vars games this past season, as a freshman.
WOW!! maiava would be a great pick up for Campbell. Yea, that's why stl might have a down year. but who knows, they got good coaches and a great system. I thought the same thing last year too. lol

Straightupkanakz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Straightupkanakz »

Actually soljay is still at kahuku and right now he's with his hukilau team getting ready for pylon tournament in Arizona but what I heard that he might transfer to a school in Washington. I hope he stays because this team is really loaded on offense and defense.