unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: unpaid D-II football

Post by Getreal$ »

Still not sold on KS Hawaii, their record thus far includes wins over Maui, Waiakea, Keaau, and now Kealakehe. Granted Kealakehe was a tough test, but Kona beat Kealakehe with relative ease and beat up on Keaau in one half. Your top 10 is spot on until 9. I would replace KS with Konawaena. As for Honokaa, they're better than I initially thought but they ran into a tough Hilo team.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Konawaena has had a tougher schedule so far than Kamehameha-Hawaii has faced. Still,the Warriors have won one of their big tests,while Kona has lost two of their big games so far. Right now, with KS-Hawaii 4-1 and Konawaena 2-2, I think the Warriors have earned a ranking. Kona has to continue piling up some victories to to get above .500. A win against Honokaa next weekend would get them to 3-2 and in line to get back in the top ten when one of the lower-ranked teams lose and drop out.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

unpaid wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:05 pm Konawaena has had a tougher schedule so far than Kamehameha-Hawaii has faced. Still,the Warriors have won one of their big tests,while Kona has lost two of their big games so far. Right now, with KS-Hawaii 4-1 and Konawaena 2-2, I think the Warriors have earned a ranking. Kona has to continue piling up some victories to to get above .500. A win against Honokaa next weekend would get them to 3-2 and in line to get back in the top ten when one of the lower-ranked teams lose and drop out.
I got you, I just looked at head to head contest and KSH nearly lost to Kealakehe while Kona pretty much ended that game after the first QTR. Its all good, their game at KSH and their Honokaa games will separate one from the pack. BIIF DII will be exciting, DI not so much.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Six,

1.Lahainaluna 4-1 DNP
2.Damien 4-1 No.4 St.Francis next.
3.Waipahu 4-0
4.St.Francis 4-1 Damien next. Beat Iolani.
5.Pearl City 4-1 DNP. No.6 Kaimuki next.
6.Kaimuki 4-1 See above.
7.Kamehameha-Hawaii 5-1
8.Kalani 3-2 Back in the top ten with a win over Mt.Tahoma,WA.
9.Kauai 3-1 Return to the top ten with the win against Kapaa.
10.Konawaena 3-2 D-I No.5 Hilo next.

Iolani, Kapaa,and Kamehameha-Maui all drop out of the top ten.Things will begin to get sorted out in OIA D-II next weekend. Waipahu,Pearl City,and Kaimuki all appear to be strong contenders for the league title.Should be some good football coming up.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Konawaena took care of Honokaa pretty easy while KSH beat up on HPA in what was the ugliest turnover riddled game I ever saw, and it was on KSH as much as HPA. KSH gotta clean that up before they play Kona or it will be a fast night for them as well. My concern for these two teams is coming out of the Hilo game without injuries, since both play Hilo before they play each other. It will be a much anticipated matchup and I want both to be at full strength so no excuses can come from the coaches.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Getreal$ wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:07 am Konawaena took care of Honokaa pretty easy while KSH beat up on HPA in what was the ugliest turnover riddled game I ever saw, and it was on KSH as much as HPA. KSH gotta clean that up before they play Kona or it will be a fast night for them as well. My concern for these two teams is coming out of the Hilo game without injuries, since both play Hilo before they play each other. It will be a much anticipated matchup and I want both to be at full strength so no excuses can come from the coaches.
@Getreal$: Hey, Hilo High is really kicking butt, aren't they? They beat-up Iolani, and it looks like they'll be beating-up almost every other school on Hawaii island. I heard talk they're ranked as high as #7 in some circles. Unreal. Hilo High is having one of its best years in a long time. And, I thought Hilo was in D1? Weren't they in D1 very recently?

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:57 pm
Getreal$ wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:07 am Konawaena took care of Honokaa pretty easy while KSH beat up on HPA in what was the ugliest turnover riddled game I ever saw, and it was on KSH as much as HPA. KSH gotta clean that up before they play Kona or it will be a fast night for them as well. My concern for these two teams is coming out of the Hilo game without injuries, since both play Hilo before they play each other. It will be a much anticipated matchup and I want both to be at full strength so no excuses can come from the coaches.
@Getreal$: Hey, Hilo High is really kicking butt, aren't they? They beat-up Iolani, and it looks like they'll be beating-up almost every other school on Hawaii island. I heard talk they're ranked as high as #7 in some circles. Unreal. Hilo High is having one of its best years in a long time. And, I thought Hilo was in D1? Weren't they in D1 very recently?
If Hilo finishes atop the BIIF D1, they'll play in D1. The MIL D1 champion, BIIF D1 champion, KIF champion, and ILH representative all play in D1.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

Was KIF always D1 or only after the 3-tier format was implemented?

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.2 Damien and No.4 St.Francis.

Damien has had what it takes to win the ILH D-II championship the last two years with Iolani in D-I.The Monarchs have beaten the Raiders this year on their return to D-II.So has St.Francis. All in all, Damien has beaten the Saints when it counted. Picking Damien for the win.

No.5 Pearl City and No.6 Kaimuki.

Chargers and Bulldogs both have high-scoring offenses but, Kaimuki seems to have more holes on defense than the Chargers do. Pearl City should get a W here.

No.10 Konawaena and D-I No.5 Hilo.

Unlike the rest of their BIIF D-I brethren,Hilo rarely loses to a D-II league opponent under the current and previous head coaches.Vikings to win.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:57 pm
Hilo has always been DI. In my opinion this years team has size, speed and depth. Unlike years past where they had a dominant D, this year they have the offense to go with the D, they have three very competent QB's and a slew of receivers that can catch and run to complement Huddleston at RB. But the key to me is their OL... Big and experienced. Their head coach is in his second year but has been the defense coordinator for the past six years and this year is his first full year of off-season workouts leading up to the season and it shows. They have a very good team but this program will only get better the next few years. They start a bunch of soph and freshman on both sides of the ball.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

@HS Football Fanatic - Sorry if I misunderstood your question but yes, Hilo is DI but on this island and Maui both DI and DII play each other. The top two teams in both divisions play one game after the season ends to determine the overall champion in both divisions.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Getreal$ wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:07 pm @HS Football Fanatic - Sorry if I misunderstood your question but yes, Hilo is DI but on this island and Maui both DI and DII play each other. The top two teams in both divisions play one game after the season ends to determine the overall champion in both divisions.
@Getreal$: Oh, I see. Kind of like how D1 and D2 in the ILH played each other several years ago.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

bandits1 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:22 pm Was KIF always D1 or only after the 3-tier format was implemented?
Yes. Changed for this year.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Seven,

1.Lahainaluna 5-1
2.Damien 5-1 beat St. Francis.
3.Waipahu 5-0 No.4 Pearl City next.
4.Pearl City 5-1 See above.
5.St.Francis 4-2 drop one spot after loss to Damien.
6.Kamehameha-Hawaii 6-1 D-I No.10 Hilo next.
7.Kaimuki 4-2 drops one place after loss to Pearl City.
8.Konawaena 4-2 upset D-I Hilo.
9.Kapaa 3-1
10.Kalani 3-3

What's up with Hilo? I thought the Vikings were the real deal this year.Now,Ihave to think Kamehameha-Hawaii has a decent chance to beat them also. I hope Getreal$ has a breakdown of the Kona-Hilo game.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

I'm sure Viking fans will disagree with me but the game came down to two key factors. First, Kona took away they running game and dared them to pass, playing one on one coverage with no safety the whole game...but when you get caught up in the hype train of what viking fans and BIIF fans came to see, Huddleston, it seems like Hilo was blinded by that and waited and waited to see him break one. That never even got close with Kona bringing 7 and 8 on every play and Hilo stubbornly trying to run with their receivers open all night. Second, the field being muddy and slippery with a heavy rain before the game, turnovers played a huge part in three of Kona's scores. Muffed punt, muffed kickoff return, turnovers inside the red zone all contributed to the already hyped up homecoming crowd. My personal opinion from an unbiased standpoint, Hilo is still the better team full of skilled players, but Kona proved as they have superior coaching and a QB that will keep you in every game. As for KS-Hawaii against Hilo, the game will be played at KS in much better conditions so my confident prediction is Hilo will come out just fine.