unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:09 pm
genks wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:03 pm Is Barber hurt? Looks like he came in for 1 play, got sacked, went back out. Pun not letting the backup qb throw
Most likely. When your QB situation sucks as much as ours does, these kinds of things can happen. I don't what'll make me feel better about this--taking a loss to Kamehameha (something that hasn't happened five years) so THEY can take a beating against St. Louis or taking another beating against the Crusaders via a victory over the Warriors. Since St. Louis's offense struggled last week, did Kamehameha try to make anybody besides Cordeiro or the WRs beat them?
@gopunahou: Well, St Louis apparently doesn't have outstanding RBs, so it had to be the pass game or nothing.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

damn unbelievable pass interference call. 2 weeks in a row we get bullshit penalties for that.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Pun backup qb isn’t bad

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:17 pm Kam was very tough for STL to run against. So STL pretty much just went Chevan vs the Kam secondary. The Kam secondary didn’t do too bad, came up with a pick, covered much better than in the past.

Pun has Liufau and Tufono on offense, are the receivers injured also? Pun D on the field a lot, can’t imagine these guys playing both ways considering they are studs on defense and actually getting the ball on offense.

This is a bummer of a game. I know how dangerous Pun can be and it sucks seeing what’s going on. I’m not enjoying this to be honest. I would much rather our D beat barber and the actual receiving corps.
@genks: It is tough to run on Kamehameha's D-line. And did you say St Louis' Tuitele is out? Isn't he the most outstanding DL they have? I think you should be glad that Punahou's pass game isn't at its best tonight. I mean, a win is a win. You'd like St Louis to beat Punahou's best, but what if they don't beat them? Take the W.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:21 pm I will say I feel like Yam had the game of his life against us last week. He was actually accurate, was tough to sack and actually allowed the receivers to do their job. I had no idea they had decent receivers because Yam doesn’t usually so that well against us.
@genks: A lot of people underestimate Yam, and I don't know why. I mean, he was good even two years ago, as a Soph. As for Kamehameha's receivers, well, I hear a lot more about Yam's passing skills. I guess Kamehameha's receivers must be at least decent, though, if they're getting the completion yards.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:22 pm
genks wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:17 pm Kam was very tough for STL to run against. So STL pretty much just went Chevan vs the Kam secondary. The Kam secondary didn’t do too bad, came up with a pick, covered much better than in the past.

Pun has Liufau and Tufono on offense, are the receivers injured also? Pun D on the field a lot, can’t imagine these guys playing both ways considering they are studs on defense and actually getting the ball on offense.

This is a bummer of a game. I know how dangerous Pun can be and it sucks seeing what’s going on. I’m not enjoying this to be honest. I would much rather our D beat barber and the actual receiving corps.
Tufono caught KSK by surprise last weak and overpowered lots of defenders. Even threw the winning TD last week. Liufau and Tufono are two of the best all-around players we've got, as well as Moeai. But I doubt even Kanawai Noa could make our current crop of QBs look good.

I hope this is our only down point in a while. So many injuries this year.
@gopunahou: I think Kanawai could make any QB look good, even that girl(!) playing for McKinley. You complain that Punahou's QBs are bad, but look at Kamehameha. Once Yam went down, his back-ups were so lousy that Kamehameha had to grab that freshman from their JV. As for the injuries? Yeah. All three schools in ILH D1 have been screwed by injuries. It's just that St Louis has enough quality depth to still win games.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:24 pm With Tom Petty dying, OJ going free, UH playing like garbage, and now this, I don't know if I can take much more of this.
@gopunahou: Take heart; things could have been worse. What if you were a supporter of Kamehameha? I don't know how much more they can take.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:33 pm Punahou fails to capitalize. That figures.
@gopunahou: But given the score, how much does that really matter?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:51 pm :D Well at least we ain't getting shut out.
@gopunahou: To me, if you lose the game, getting shut-out or not doesn't really matter. An L is an L.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

@gopunahou you guys stumbled on something here. Back up qb more effective than Barber. Let the kid throw against Kam

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

genks wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:29 pm @gopunahou you guys stumbled on something here. Back up qb more effective than Barber. Let the kid throw against Kam
He's gaining confidence and experience. That's key. Loved the way our boys fought in the second half and didn't quit.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:29 pm @gopunahou you guys stumbled on something here. Back up qb more effective than Barber. Let the kid throw against Kam
@genks: Is St Louis' first-string D still in? How long has Brady been playing against St Louis' first-string D? How many of his yards and TDs came against St Louis' first-string D?

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

gopunahou wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:31 pm
He's gaining confidence and experience. That's key. Loved the way our boys fought in the second half and didn't quit.
Yes they showed a lot of heart and that’s a trait I admire most in people. Respect.

That qb put up 20 points, the most since the 2nd Pun game last year. Its been under 14 points till now. Let that guy start and throw instead of that wild cat you guys will be fine against Kam.

For STL on to a MUCH needed bye week. This year sucked all our byes were one after another not spread. Not thrilled with our defense tonight. Pun played a very respectable game.

Fuckin refs hate us

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:36 pm
gopunahou wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:31 pm
Yes they showed a lot of heart and that’s a trait I admire most in people. Respect.

That qb put up 20 points, the most since the 2nd Pun game last year. Its been under 14 points till now. Let that guy start and throw instead of that wild cat you guys will be fine against Kam.

For STL on to a MUCH needed bye week. This year sucked all our byes were one after another not spread. Not thrilled with our defense tonight. Pun played a very respectable game.

Fuckin refs hate us
@genks: Chill; St Louis still won. That's the main thing. As for St Louis' D, you have to suspect that Tuitele not playing might have been the biggest reason. Isn't he the best DL on the team?

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

What I love is Vincent Terrell. Hopefully we can use him more next year.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!