unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
genks
Starter
Starter

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:43 pm
genks wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:45 pm @HS I'm not 100% sure but I think Sykes should be healthy enough to play. I doubt they'd risk it against if not against Kam.

Feary is a starter. The STL LB group always surprises me. Last year against Kahuku Isaac Matautia goes down, Purcel goes down, Braden Myer steps up and stops runs with an injured leg. This year Toilolo left, Kamakawiwaole (sp?) has looked tough and stepped up along with Purcel and Taliulu. Not sure who the next man up is but he's got a great group around him.
@genks: The LBs were supposed to be the strongest component of St Louis' D this year. You'd think they'd all be sure to make themselves available against Punahou. OK, it's hard sometimes for kids to keep their emotions under control, but I wish Feary would have realized--even in the heat of the moment--that as a starting LB, he really has to be sure that he's playing against Punahou. I don't know at what point during the Kamehameha game Feary's scuffle occurred, but St Louis won by 44. Like, with that kind of outcome, did he think it was absolutely necessary to get himself ejected, and thereby miss the Punahou game? You'd think Feary wanted to play against Punahou, and I'm sure Cal and St Louis alumni wanted him to play, too. The only people happy about his suspension are Punahou alumni, and Punahou's football O.
Yeah that's very true. He only hurt himself and his team.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

genks wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:03 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:43 pm
genks wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:45 pm @HS I'm not 100% sure but I think Sykes should be healthy enough to play. I doubt they'd risk it against if not against Kam.

Feary is a starter. The STL LB group always surprises me. Last year against Kahuku Isaac Matautia goes down, Purcel goes down, Braden Myer steps up and stops runs with an injured leg. This year Toilolo left, Kamakawiwaole (sp?) has looked tough and stepped up along with Purcel and Taliulu. Not sure who the next man up is but he's got a great group around him.
@genks: The LBs were supposed to be the strongest component of St Louis' D this year. You'd think they'd all be sure to make themselves available against Punahou. OK, it's hard sometimes for kids to keep their emotions under control, but I wish Feary would have realized--even in the heat of the moment--that as a starting LB, he really has to be sure that he's playing against Punahou. I don't know at what point during the Kamehameha game Feary's scuffle occurred, but St Louis won by 44. Like, with that kind of outcome, did he think it was absolutely necessary to get himself ejected, and thereby miss the Punahou game? You'd think Feary wanted to play against Punahou, and I'm sure Cal and St Louis alumni wanted him to play, too. The only people happy about his suspension are Punahou alumni, and Punahou's football O.
Yeah that's very true. He only hurt himself and his team.
@genks: OK, how is St Louis' secondary? Punahou QB Barber has become the Tua of Punahou, a dual-threat QB. St Louis' D has to find a way to contain him. How are St Louis' defensive down-linemen? Who is St Louis' DC? Does Cal double as DC? If indeed Cal is doubling as DC, I'm feeling pretty good about that. Let's face it, he's an outstanding HC, and I'm sure he'd be an outstanding DC as well.

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

Stl got a few players out this week. Feary (lb), Close (wr), Sykes (wr) and Wilson (wr)
Pun had motuapuaka (dl) out last week, but he should be good to go this week. Not sure if they have anyone else out.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Dog 96707 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:19 am Stl got a few players out this week. Feary (lb), Close (wr), Sykes (wr) and Wilson (wr)
Pun had motuapuaka (dl) out last week, but he should be good to go this week. Not sure if they have anyone else out.
@Dog 96707: OK, this doesn't look good for St Louis at all. Coach Cal is probably tearing his hair out. He's got four players out, with at least two of them being starters? Meanwhile, Punahou should be healthy. This sucks for St Louis. I would really like them to win. Crusaders, you have to reach deep down inside yourselves!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Dog 96707 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:19 am Stl got a few players out this week. Feary (lb), Close (wr), Sykes (wr) and Wilson (wr)
Is Sykes still hurt?

ka'ahupahau706

Post by ka'ahupahau706 »

Shoot I doubt they're all out, except for Feary. I guess he's pau this week. As for everyone else, STL players always show up for Punahou week.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:25 pm Shoot I doubt they're all out, except for Feary. I guess he's pau this week. As for everyone else, STL players always show up for Punahou week.
@ka'ahupahau706: GOOD! I'm glad to hear that! OK, Crusaders! You heard him! Show-up for Punahou! Physically and figuratively! St Louis and Punahou have been rivals for decades, and not just that: Punahou is the only school that stands between St Louis and the ILH D1 title. If only Feary is out, so much the better for St Louis.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Anyone else see that little punch thrown by the Kapolei player on that Mililani sneak attempt on TV?

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:52 pm
ka'ahupahau706 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:25 pm Shoot I doubt they're all out, except for Feary. I guess he's pau this week. As for everyone else, STL players always show up for Punahou week.
@ka'ahupahau706: GOOD! I'm glad to hear that! OK, Crusaders! You heard him! Show-up for Punahou! Physically and figuratively! St Louis and Punahou have been rivals for decades, and not just that: Punahou is the only school that stands between St Louis and the ILH D1 title. If only Feary is out, so much the better for St Louis.
You make it sound like your LIFE rides on St. Louis beating us out for the ILH title. You've got more passion than a St. Louis graduate. Did you make a bet that'll cause your life to ride on St. Louis winning this game (and the ILH)? Will you lose your house if they lose?
Last edited by gopunahou on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Kapolei giving Mililani all that they can handle tonight. Is Kapolei back? Is this an off-night for Mililani? Can Mililani use this game to better themselves? Prior to tonight, Mililani looked like the best team in the OIA and a bona-fide state tournament team.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Yeah Kapolei playing very tough. Big hits, lots of turn overs. Gotta give some love to two former Crusaders doing big things tonight, Toilolo for Kapolei and Vegas from Mililani.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

LOL omg speaking of turnovers in this game

2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: ATL Braves
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

lol Mills still ended up blowing them out

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

Mililani's backup RB was a perfect change-of-pace back that had Kapolei's D scrambling. They were clearly prepared for the power running of Malepeai but not so much for the smaller, quicker Motoyama.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

2k_Hawaii wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:38 pm lol Mills still ended up blowing them out
Another reason to make me think that Mililani might be the best in the OIA. This is a team that can do it all.
Last edited by gopunahou on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.