Amosa Amosa out as Campbell HC, Now Kapolei OC

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Amosa Amosa out as Campbell HC, Now Kapolei OC

Post by Kama »

Campbell wanted to go in a different direction and coach Amosa has done the same. 3 miles down Kapolei Parkway...

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Campbell decided to go in a different direction? How about downhill?

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

Amosa should have been given a chance AT LEAST UNTIL CAMPBELL STUDENTS GOT AIR CONDITIONING.

Hard to go play football after taking a sauna all day.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Kama wrote:Campbell wanted to go in a different direction and coach Amosa has done the same. 3 miles down Kapolei Parkway...
Good luck to him. June Jones' shoes will be very difficult to fill. I mean, Jones is an NFL-level coach.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Duster wrote:Campbell decided to go in a different direction? How about downhill?
@Duster: Well, that would depend on who's replacing Amosa, right? I'm not sure why Amosa was let go, and I'm not saying he's a bad coach. But, as the saying goes, there's always someone better, right? Now, if June Jones hadn't signed-on for an administrative position with St Louis School's athletic dept, I bet Campbell High would have offered him the HC position.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

twnoexcuses wrote:Amosa should have been given a chance AT LEAST UNTIL CAMPBELL STUDENTS GOT AIR CONDITIONING.

Hard to go play football after taking a sauna all day.
I heard that Kapolei High is 100% air-conditioned. How is that supposed to be fair? Why should it be that only one public high-school is fully air-conditioned? What makes Kapolei High so special?

_sportcourt
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by _sportcourt »

I heard all the Ewa Beach kids are going to go back to Campbell. My friend who lives there said suppousedly Amosa has been recuriting kids to Kapolei by the truckloads...including Tagavailoa

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

_sportcourt wrote:I heard all the Ewa Beach kids are going to go back to Campbell. My friend who lives there said suppousedly Amosa has been recuriting kids to Kapolei by the truckloads...including Tagavailoa
Isn't it amazing, the recruiting that goes on on the high-school level? There was a time--like, perhaps back in the mid-'80s--when it seemed that only St Louis was recruiting. St Louis was recruiting heavily from Mayor Wright, resulting in McKinley High being ripped-off (as Mayor Wright kids attend McKinley). That probably explains the "Cal Lee dynasty" that ran from the mid-'80s to the early-2000s, and St Louis took the state Open title just this year. Now you have Punahou recruiting, and they have already been doing that for what, seven years or so? For the past several years on this message-board, some guys have claimed that Iolani is recruiting. And that's not all; now the public high-schools are recruiting. You hear about Mililani recruiting, and now Amosa is recruiting kids for Kapolei? Two years ago, Farrington HC Okimoto went public in the Star-Bulletin sports page about other schools recruiting, which was making things tougher for Farrington. Things might get to the point where there are more schools recruiting than not recruiting.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Duster wrote:Campbell decided to go in a different direction? How about downhill?
@Duster: Well, that would depend on who's replacing Amosa, right? I'm not sure why Amosa was let go, and I'm not saying he's a bad coach. But, as the saying goes, there's always someone better, right? Now, if June Jones hadn't signed-on for an administrative position with St Louis School's athletic dept, I bet Campbell High would have offered him the HC position.
My comment was somewhat in jest. I understand that Amosa had an overall winning record, so bettering that will be a challenge for the new HC..

BowTow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BowTow »

Darren Johnson taking the helm. Campbell should be competitive.