Break away from the HHSAA

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Break away from the HHSAA

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Here's a thought. Big Red, St Louis and Punahou have more or less been consistently the cream of the crop for the last decade. I say these 3 teams break off from the HHSAA and form their own mini super conference. Besides playing themselves, they would throw in some games against local teams and fill out the rest of the schedule against national competition. It would allow for more parity for the state tournaments while giving the Big 3 an opportunity to compete on a higher level playing field.

It would be a little tougher for Big Red since they are a public school, but 1 or 2 annual games on the continent with 1 or 2 schools coming here is feasible.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Break away from the HHSAA

Post by My3Cats »

Wow! Big bucks needed. Gotta sell a lotta chili, cookies, candy, car washes, etc. Mainland travel is not cheap. Bringing mainland opponents here is not cheap. If they secede, what local school would be bold enough to go against HHSAA to play them? Good food for thought though.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Break away from the HHSAA

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

My3Cats wrote:Wow! Big bucks needed. Gotta sell a lotta chili, cookies, candy, car washes, etc. Mainland travel is not cheap. Bringing mainland opponents here is not cheap. If they secede, what local school would be bold enough to go against HHSAA to play them? Good food for thought though.
@My3Cats: Absolutely; big bucks, indeed. Not to mention the time spent, logistical hassles, liability, etc. I think the three divisions we now have, are adequate. I mean, when I was in high school, there was only one division, and all schools were in it.