Middle School/Youth Wrestling

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
MercadoCBIT
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Middle School/Youth Wrestling

Post by MercadoCBIT »

Aloha Sports Hawaii friends!

Please excuse my ignorance or if this is a redundant post/thread - I tried searching the forum and online for information regarding Middle School/Youth Wrestling in Hawaii and didn't come up with a whole lot of information. My family and I are moving to Oahu next month and are looking for a wrestling team for my son. We will live near Honolulu and don't mind commuting if that's required. Curious to hear everyone's thoughts on programs for our son who is 13, moving into the 8th grade, has 3 years of wrestling and 4 years of BJJ experience, and likes to train both freestyle and folk style.

BigWave96744

Re: Middle School/Youth Wrestling

Post by BigWave96744 »

Aloha MercadoCBIT, welcome to thensure SportsHawaii Ohana. I'm moving this thread to the high school forum because there are a lot of great folks with knowledge of the sport of wrestling

Enjoy the ride

FoxMulder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Middle School/Youth Wrestling

Post by FoxMulder »

There's a lot of solid coaches and places to go. It's tough to find them though. Because your boy is close to being a high school student my advice would be to get in touch with the high school wrestling coach (of the high school your son would most likely be attending) and ask about wrestling for your boy. If the coach is involved with the youth wrestling (a lot of coaches are down here) then he may suggest his club, if not then he may be able to point you in the right direction. The wrestling community is fairly small down here and if you get involved you'll get to know everyone fairly quickly.