Way too early Oia Football Prediction

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
bigbangah
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Way too early Oia Football Prediction

Post by bigbangah »

This year will be a throw back of the past!!! Two of the greatest football Programs in OIA HIstory will compete in the Oia Championship!!! Waianae 18 championships Kakuku 19 championships!!! Title town Runs thourh Kakuku but it used to run through Pokai bay and Waianae store!!!

OIA Championship

WAIANAE V.S KAHUKU

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Way too early Oia Football Prediction

Post by huki-lau-lau »

mililani might still be that high power scoring team, probly put up 45 pts a game, there D might be weak and give up lots of points too. i saw waianaes jv they are tuff but dont have a high profile QB that can open up a passing game so is ground and pound gonna be good enough for wainae to reach the title game? we just wait and see

wainae, kapolei ,mililani and cambell are all probly in the top 5 oia, which means like usualy people say the west teams are stronger, true but the remaining spot is kahuku from the east and they are, according to preseason speculations, the favorites by a wide margin. so it dont matter how strong your conference it matter last team standing, and in jv season lastyear wainae beat kahuku in regular season by 1 touchdown but kahuku was missing their two stars, in title game rematch with wainae kahuku had all their players and won convincingly over wainae, so right now im not buying into the hype about wainae, but who knows anything can happen and dass why we play the game
-------------------

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I think Waianae will battle Kahuku for the OIA title in 2016.Kapolei,Farrington,and Kailua are also teams that should be in the mix.

However,I think Kahuku is on a higher level than everyone else in the OIA right now.I expect the Red Raiders to take the league crown.Kesi Ah-Hoy and Harmon Brown on the ground.Vili Fisiahi blocking.Alekisanita Vimahi on DL,with Kekaula Kaniho and Stokes Botelho in the defensive backfield.What's not to like. A lot of people like the Maiava kid for QB,but I think the kid from last year,can't remember his name,that had a collarbone or shoulder break should be coming back,right? He was a passer also.Either way,Kahuku might present some different looks on offense.

Waianae has a little coming back on both sides of the ball and some upcoming JV talent. They are in the same division as Kahuku and play each other early in the season...like week 3,I think. I am expecting a rematch in the OIA playoffs,maybe even a third match-up in states.

Farrington should still be pounding the rock with Challen Faamatu and Freedom Alualu,but keep in mind Bishop Rapoza threw for over 1500 yards last season to keep opposing defenses off balance.. The Governors always seem to be in the top ten ,just like Kahuku.

I am on the Kapolei hype train.June Jones should get that Hurricane offense clicking. Taulia Tagovailoa is going to get good mentoring from Coach Jones. Rocky Savea headlines the defense at linebacker.

Kailua finished in the top ten for the first time in a long time last season.Christian Mejia returns and Coach Wong has plans to get back in the OIA race again,so we will see.

Mililani will surprise me if they have a season like the past three. The Trojans have graduated a lot of star power the last two years,and I am waiting to see if they can replace it with what they have coming back for this season.I believe its' going to be closer to a 5 or 6 win season for Mililani this year.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

unpaid wrote:I think Waianae will battle Kahuku for the OIA title in 2016.Kapolei,Farrington,and Kailua are also teams that should be in the mix.

However,I think Kahuku is on a higher level than everyone else in the OIA right now.I expect the Red Raiders to take the league crown.Kesi Ah-Hoy and Harmon Brown on the ground.Vili Fisiahi blocking.Alekisanita Vimahi on DL,with Kekaula Kaniho and Stokes Botelho in the defensive backfield.What's not to like. A lot of people like the Maiava kid for QB,but I think the kid from last year,can't remember his name,that had a collarbone or shoulder break should be coming back,right? He was a passer also.Either way,Kahuku might present some different looks on offense.

Waianae has a little coming back on both sides of the ball and some upcoming JV talent. They are in the same division as Kahuku and play each other early in the season...like week 3,I think. I am expecting a rematch in the OIA playoffs,maybe even a third match-up in states.

Farrington should still be pounding the rock with Challen Faamatu and Freedom Alualu,but keep in mind Bishop Rapoza threw for over 1500 yards last season to keep opposing defenses off balance.. The Governors always seem to be in the top ten ,just like Kahuku.

I am on the Kapolei hype train.June Jones should get that Hurricane offense clicking. Taulia Tagovailoa is going to get good mentoring from Coach Jones. Rocky Savea headlines the defense at linebacker.

Kailua finished in the top ten for the first time in a long time last season.Christian Mejia returns and Coach Wong has plans to get back in the OIA race again,so we will see.

Mililani will surprise me if they have a season like the past three. The Trojans have graduated a lot of star power the last two years,and I am waiting to see if they can replace it with what they have coming back for this season.I believe its' going to be closer to a 5 or 6 win season for Mililani this year.

Your thinking Jordan Mariteragi the QB that got injured for Kahuku. I would see he has the upper hand but he seems to be very injury prone even before when he played for Kamehameha.

Kapolei LB Rocky Savea is transferring to Orem HS in Utah joining his brother Ezra who went up to play QB.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Thanks rednblue,

Jordan Mariteragi was the Kahuku QB I was thinking of.I too think he would have to be the frontrunner at that position right now...but after he got hurt last year ,they went with Ah-Hoy in that wildcat and jumbo package and ran the table to the state championship. So.if he comes back healthy and the freshman lives up to the promise,it just makes the Red Raiders that much more dangerous on offense.

I read the hawaiiprepworld article about Ezra Savea transferring to Orem. It also said Rocky would be staying at Kapolei. However,since that was published,you are the second board member to say that Rocky was also going to transfer to Utah to be with his brother...so now I am not so sure about Kapolei. Nevertheless,June Jones is imparting some knowledge to the Hurricane players,so I will still believe Kapolei has a chance to get to states this year.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I'd also like to see if anyone disagrees with me on this: Do we REALLY need to start the season the first week of August? Or shall I say end it the week before Thanksgiving? Some OIA plays won't play a game in October because their season will end in September. Think about that. And don't give me the "well, OIA schools all start early" BS. You can still schedule practices afterschool and then start the season in the middle of the month. I'm against ending the season the week before Thanksgiving because pretty soon, we'll be playing actual games in July. We've already got scrimmages happening then. This is one of the many examples of how the OIA conducts business poorly.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

gopunahou wrote:I'd also like to see if anyone disagrees with me on this: Do we REALLY need to start the season the first week of August? Or shall I say end it the week before Thanksgiving? Some OIA plays won't play a game in October because their season will end in September. Think about that. And don't give me the "well, OIA schools all start early" BS. You can still schedule practices afterschool and then start the season in the middle of the month. I'm against ending the season the week before Thanksgiving because pretty soon, we'll be playing actual games in July. We've already got scrimmages happening then. This is one of the many examples of how the OIA conducts business poorly.
Football is considered a High School Fall sport. Starting it later will clash with practice time for winter sports like Basketball.

They are not concerned with keeping in line with the college football season

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

BigWave96744 wrote:
gopunahou wrote:I'd also like to see if anyone disagrees with me on this: Do we REALLY need to start the season the first week of August? Or shall I say end it the week before Thanksgiving? Some OIA plays won't play a game in October because their season will end in September. Think about that. And don't give me the "well, OIA schools all start early" BS. You can still schedule practices afterschool and then start the season in the middle of the month. I'm against ending the season the week before Thanksgiving because pretty soon, we'll be playing actual games in July. We've already got scrimmages happening then. This is one of the many examples of how the OIA conducts business poorly.
Football is considered a High School Fall sport. Starting it later will clash with practice time for winter sports like Basketball.

They are not concerned with keeping in line with the college football season
Thanks. I don't mean to dwell on this subject, but I don't see the problem with starting it a week later. If that were to happen, it still wouldn't interfere with Winter Sports. Another drawback to starting the season earlier and earlier is that it's becoming impossible to schedule games against top-notch mainland competition, since those teams start much later. I think teams can still do that, but it would mean playing those games between actual league games for teams here.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

https://twitter.com/808fbrecruits/status/721920286434549761

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Orem seems to like hawaii football because they already have 7 Kahuku players playing for them and 4 of them would be starters on defense this year.