Kahuku vs. Bishop Gorman September 17, 2016

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Kahuku vs. Bishop Gorman September 17, 2016

Post by huki-lau-lau »

at vegas hope our boys be ready
our 5 QB rotation might be enough to confuse them
-------------------

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Kahuku vs. Bishop Gorman September 17, 2016

Post by bigD »

Brah!! Bishop is a monster and on a different level.. Stupid decision in my opinion, so many teams they could compete against so why them??

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

bg only play top 25 teams and #2 team from georgia back out so tata say "if u got the shot, shot it!"
-------------------

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

huki-lau-lau wrote:at vegas hope our boys be ready
highly doubtful considering how basic the offensive scheme is..

They have athletes at every position with recruits from all over america. They have size but more concerning is the speed. Last time they played a team of this caliber was long beach and we all witnessed that disaster.. Bad decision!!

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

bigD wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:at vegas hope our boys be ready
highly doubtful considering how basic the offensive scheme is..

They have athletes at every position with recruits from all over america. They have size but more concerning is the speed. Last time they played a team of this caliber was long beach and we all witnessed that disaster.. Bad decision!!

I do agree with you that we have no chance and that kahuku has to have a passing game against a team like bishop and we all know kahuku doesn't pass. When kahuku played long beach and east high both times it was a rebuilding year but this time it will be with an experience kahuku team. Some hope but still no chance against bishop

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Seen ex UH, Chris Brown last week and he confirmed it's a go. Chris is the lb coach for Gorman. This is big for Kahuku. Eh, why not now or never. Hopefully some private school studs go back to Kahuku football.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

bigD wrote:Brah!! Bishop is a monster and on a different level.. Stupid decision in my opinion, so many teams they could compete against so why them??
Why not? Who did Kahuku play last year? Right,nobody.

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

bigD wrote:
Last time they played a team of this caliber was long beach and we all witnessed that disaster.. Bad decision!!
Unlike LB and East High it will not be a preseason game as in the first game they strap up. They will have played at least four regular season games and have time to build chemistry. We all know Kahuku doesn't hit their form until the post season but mid-season form is better then pre-season. This is a great opportunity for the KHS kids to get some mainland exposure and competition. I bet there will be just as much Kahuku fans there as BG fans because Kahuku travels well.

I have a feeling that the Kahuku coaches will hold true to the DNA, run the clock with a power run game and keep that BG offense off the field. They got some help coming up from the JV but compared to where BG gets their help from....the entire USofA its like playing a college team.

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

Long beach got blown 52-7 from BG last year and LB is like the Mililani of California, recruits and transfers coming in from all around the district.

Kahuku is a true public school with 100% homegrown talent. A score of 52-7 will be respectable for Kahuku.

HowzitBrah
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HowzitBrah »

Kahuku will have a passing game this upcoming season! I think the Renaud kid got better during the season although he didn't get a lot of snaps... They also have a kid coming up from the JR Prep that can start as a freshman and he is as good as advertised! If they move him up straight to Varsity... His name is Sol-Jay Maiava! Kid is legit and I'm hearing he has been getting offers to attend the Punahous n St. Louis of the worlds... Even some mainland schools... Kid is that good! Also played in the past FBU national Championship Tourney and Team Vegas who have a number of kids headed to BG had no answer for the kid! People on the Jr Prep level are well aware of him and word out on the north shore is that if he goes to Kahuku, they could have a freshman starting at QB if he beats the others out... A very talented kid also!

kanakattack
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by kanakattack »

You said "Kahuku is a true public school with 100% homegrown talent"

Everyone knows Kahuku pulls kids from all over. Make sure you are counting the "homegrown" talent from Samoa, Tonga, Utah, Maui, etc. lol

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

That might be opening the flood gates for Gorman to start pulling some more kids from the islands. I know that they got 2 kids on the squad now. I believe Isaia(OL) from iolani will be on the team next season. I heard they are looking at 2 kids from kahuku and 1 that's at stl. I heard its the maiava boy from kahuku and faoa from stl. not sure who the other kahuku kid is. I guess it is what it is, good luck to the red raiders. hopefully they can pull off the win.

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

Markeke wrote:
bigD wrote:Brah!! Bishop is a monster and on a different level.. Stupid decision in my opinion, so many teams they could compete against so why them??
Why not? Who did Kahuku play last year? Right,nobody.
Nobody because they clearly had no coach!! you need a year in advance to schedule. Maybe they should focus on revenge games against east high (utah) or Long beach (cal) ?? thats a good start..

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

HowzitBrah wrote:Kahuku will have a passing game this upcoming season! I think the Renaud kid got better during the season although he didn't get a lot of snaps... They also have a kid coming up from the JR Prep that can start as a freshman and he is as good as advertised! If they move him up straight to Varsity... His name is Sol-Jay Maiava! Kid is legit and I'm hearing he has been getting offers to attend the Punahous n St. Louis of the worlds... Even some mainland schools... Kid is that good! Also played in the past FBU national Championship Tourney and Team Vegas who have a number of kids headed to BG had no answer for the kid! People on the Jr Prep level are well aware of him and word out on the north shore is that if he goes to Kahuku, they could have a freshman starting at QB if he beats the others out... A very talented kid also!
Very talented kid indeed but your talking about a freshmen with no experience at the high school level. Gorman has D1 athletes at almost every postion and has won the national title two years in a row. They return an elite qb with some of the best wr's in the country and a rb who averaged 12.1yds a carry. They crush elite teams from all over the country such as long beach poly(cal), bellevue(wa), bingham(ut), servite(cal), and all in a single season last year..

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

kanakattack wrote:You said "Kahuku is a true public school with 100% homegrown talent"

Everyone knows Kahuku pulls kids from all over. Make sure you are counting the "homegrown" talent from Samoa, Tonga, Utah, Maui, etc. lol

what is homegrown then? Natives? I've seen these kids play from big boys time and if ever they come from else where could also be family returning back home. Anyways if Kahuku not 100% homegrown then there 99% homegrown.