2015 State Title: #1 Kahuku vs. #2 St. Louis

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

2015 State Title: #1 Kahuku vs. #2 St. Louis

Post by huki-lau-lau »

- now i know why tua is recruit from 29 schools and milton only one offer from the junior collage of hawaii, tua is a beast

- can someon help kapolei win a game so we no need hear hernandez talk too much? he is fall off his rocker

- kahu win agains waian is look weak, offense is terible and no help it make many injure to the team, atleast its last game of season so litaraly go break a leg

- kahu wil run the iolani stall for 4 qwarters then kick 50 yd filed goal win game 3-0, boom! kanani!

- does mill still get 2 first place votes from staradvertiser groupies and at scoringlive they going be #1 in next wekk poll, while kahu drop 3 spots
-------------------

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: 2015 State Title: #1 Kahuku vs. #2 St. Louis

Post by huki-lau-lau »

also dont forget kahu the only team in hawaii send defense players to nfl so dont doupt that defense can win game for us
- hauli kikahi, saints
- devan unga, giants
- manti teo, chargers
-------------------

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

This is the game Tata and Hao have been waiting for. Redemption for Hao who St.Louis let go. It's unreal how the announcer mentioned how many outer island recruits played only for senior season at StLouis. Whatever. Kahuku's D will have to step up. I'm sure Tata and Hao will be ready. Field position,time of possession,and special teams play will be key for Kahuku. Did notice St.Louis kickoff coverage was weak. Look for the tight ends to get some touches. This is the game when all the trick plays will come out. This is truly THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME?

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

I know the saying is defense wins championships but I'm still going with St. Louis in this one. I just think kahuku hasn't faced an offense as good as St. Louis all year. Sure they shutdown Mililani but that was without Milton and their backup got hurt early in that game too so they were up against a 3rd string (freshmen) qb. Also Kahuku has been struggling on offense. If Waianae was able to hold their own on d then I definitely think St. Louis can as well.

Kahuku's d makes it interesting but St. Louis (Tua) makes the adjustments 2nd half and pull away in the end...31-17 Crusaders

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

The football gods must be smiling. A championship game between 2 traditional power house programs.
Tagovailoa is a Beast.
Time to go All in for Big Red. I'm not too worried about Big Red's O, they've done what they needed to do to make it to the 'ship. But yes, if Big Red O falters, Big Red D gona be hard pressed to hold down that Crusaders O.
Good luck to both squads.
Go Big Red!!! RRFL!

KindergartenCop
High-quality H20 provider

Post by KindergartenCop »

I think It's going to be the 2010 game that never happened.

KAILUABOYS96734
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by KAILUABOYS96734 »

KindergartenCop wrote:I think It's going to be the 2010 game that never happened.
I believe they played in preseason.. That 2010 Kahuku Team was scary good. Should be a fun one next week Fri. May the best team win....

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

KAILUABOYS96734 wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:I think It's going to be the 2010 game that never happened.
I believe they played in preseason.. That 2010 Kahuku Team was scary good. Should be a fun one next week Fri. May the best team win....
Yes they did play early in that season. But both teams got better at the end of the season and did not have a chance to play at their best.

I think these two teams are playing in top form and will be an unforgettable game.

Go Crusaders

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

After last night games s.louis is definitely the favorite to take it all. Tua was amazing to watch, if his brother can pick apart Kahuku D imagine what tua can do. Kahuku needs to change it up on offense because that jumbo set ain't working. The defense only can do so much and they have to score because st.louis offense looks unstoppable.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

When StL D watches game film on Kahuku vs.Waianae, they will fall asleep. What are we looking at? Zzzzzzz. What they don't see is the triple option, the old counter treys, the wildcat under center. All they see is boring 4 yds and a cloud of turf grit. Good. When Kahuku D watches St.L vs. Mililani , their eyes are wide and excited. They love the challenge, Tata, he's jumping up and down with glee! Why? Because to beat StL and their coaches , you have to have been an ex coach from StL . The young blood coaches of St.L at Kahuku vs. the old StL. Coaches at Saint Louis.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

I just hope the weather is good

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Just last month, I felt a tremendous sense of relief that a certain school would not be in the state tourney. I figured that as long as that school would not win the state title, there'd be no reason for me to return to this message-board again. Yet here we are, a week before the state title game, and I feel a need to be here again. I don't dislike St Louis tremendously, so it wouldn't really kill me if they were to win the title. However, I don't exactly like St Louis, either. For that reason, I would like to see Kahuku win. Trouble is, I don't think they will. I don't think Kahuku has enough O to beat St Louis. So, I guess I'm here asking if anyone reading this can give me a reason to think that Kahuku has a chance. Again, while it wouldn't really kill me if St Louis wins the title, I would prefer to see Kahuku win it. Can anyone explain that they have a chance? I think if you shut-down Tagovailoa, you shut-down St Louis. I think Tagovailoa is, like, 95% of St Louis' O. Can Kahuku's D shut-down Tagovailoa?

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

Kahuku is too one dimensional. They will trail the Crusaders in the second half and run out of time, because they can't throw the ball.

The Crusader's coaching staff is the best in the state and probably one of the best in the nation. They knew exactly how to make in game adjustments against Mililani and will have their boys ready against Kahuku.

This game will be a replay of the old Prep Bowl days when the OIA champ would trail by a couple of possession's going into the 4th quarter and would not be able to catch up because they did not know how to pass.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

SM96753 wrote:Kahuku is too one dimensional. They will trail the Crusaders in the second half and run out of time, because they can't throw the ball.

The Crusader's coaching staff is the best in the state and probably one of the best in the nation. They knew exactly how to make in game adjustments against Mililani and will have their boys ready against Kahuku.

This game will be a replay of the old Prep Bowl days when the OIA champ would trail by a couple of possession's going into the 4th quarter and would not be able to catch up because they did not know how to pass.
Interesting point of view. If Kahuku loses, it'll be for one simple reason, not being able to contain Tagovailoa.
Special Teams - Kahuku....Sasaoka, Santiago, Bothello
Defense - Slight edge to Big Red due to being able to better contain the running game; not looking to much at Malepeai's numbers last night since a bunch came after the game was well out of hand.
Offense - St Louis.....Tagovailoa is very special
Coaching - St Louis
X factors - St Louis....looks like the mystique is back
Kahuku.....Pride, tradition, 12th man, Community.....lotsa people talking about how it's taken Crusader alumni to lead Red Raider nation to the promised land; guess they've forgotten about the 7 previous Championships won under Red Raider alumnus.
Regardless, we're in a different era now....Welch is a Crusader alum, but he's still a RRFL by birth....Tata and Hao are also former Crusader greats, but now they know, sooner or later, Everybody bleeds Red!
Good luck to both squads, But sticking with my alma mater.
Go Big Red!!! RRFL!

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

The Crusaders offense where everyone is a threat and the Red Raiders defense where you have 10 versatile guys who can contain both the run and pass will be on the field on the same time. Now that's how you end the football season. Hawaii high school football at it's finest. I can't wait to watch that.