List of St. Louis High School quarterbacks

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

List of St. Louis High School quarterbacks

Post by anthoang »

Hi All,

I'm currently working on a Marcus Mariota website, hoping to launch it in a couple of weeks. I will be featuring a section for Hawaii sports and quarterbacks.

I need some help with getting a list of successful quarterbacks from St. Louis HS.
I know the following players played QB,
Darnell Arceneaux
Timmy Chang
Jason Gesser
Marcus Mariota
Tua Tagovailoa (current)

I know i'm missing some QBs between Chang and Mariota. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Aitorahi
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Re: List of St. Louis High School quarterbacks

Post by Aitorahi »

anthoang wrote:Hi All,

I'm currently working on a Marcus Mariota website, hoping to launch it in a couple of weeks. I will be featuring a section for Hawaii sports and quarterbacks.

I need some help with getting a list of successful quarterbacks from St. Louis HS.
I know the following players played QB,
Darnell Arceneaux
Timmy Chang
Jason Gesser
Marcus Mariota
Tua Tagovailoa (current)

I know i'm missing some QBs between Chang and Mariota. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>> Saint Louis starting quarterbacks
>> 2014: Tua Tagovailoa
>> 2013: Ryder Kuhns
>> 2012: Kawai Mook-Garcia
>> 2011: Kawai Mook-Garcia
>> 2010: Marcus Mariota
>> 2009: Jeremy Higgins
>> 2008: Jeremy Higgins
>> 2007: Micah Mamiya
>> 2006: Micah Mamiya
>> 2005: Cameron Higgins
>> 2004: Stanley Nihipali
>> 2003: Kealii Perbera
>> 2002: Bobby George
>> 2001: Bobby George
>> 2000: Kelika Higa
>> 1999: Timmy Chang
>> 1998: Timmy Chang
>> 1997: Jason Gesser
>> 1996: Jason Gesser
>> 1995: Darnell Arceneaux
>> 1994: Darnell Arceneaux
>> 1993: Joseph Correia
>> 1992: Joel Lane
>> 1991: Joel Lane
>> 1990: John Hao
>> 1989: John Hao
>> 1988: Mike Nua
>> 1987: Erin Hall
>> 1986: Kaiana Kapele
>> 1985: Brad Johnson
>> 1984: Brad Johnson
>> 1983: Sean Kinilau
>> 1982: Guy Brilhante
>> 1981: Royce Racoma
>> 1980: Kevin Scharsch
>> 1979: Mark Brilhante
>> 1978: Paul Goo
>> 1977: Paul Goo
>> 1976: Nolan Kashima
>> 1975: Bob Sykes
>> 1974: Darwin Luna
>> 1973: Vince Passas
>> 1972: Duke Aiona
>> 1971: Vernon Yoro
>> 1970: Kaipo Spencer
>> 1969: Kaipo Spencer
>> 1968: Michael Farish
>> 1967: Buddy Los Banos
>> 1966: Buddy Los Banos
>> 1965: Tony Fraiola?
>> 1964: Ray Brum
>> 1963: Ray Brum
>> 1962: Ray Brum
>> 1961: Mike Vasconcellos
>> 1960: Noel Gray
>> 1959: Noel Gray

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

Thank you for the list. This is as comprehensive as a list can get. Thanks!

I've been hard at work on the Marcus Mariota website. I hope you all find it useful and enjoyable.

I've added the list here,
http://marcusmariotamania.com/content/2 ... ota-hawaii

Aitorahi
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

It actually came from Hawaii Prep World

http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/football ... statehood/

anthoang
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by anthoang »

Thanks anyways. What do you think of Tua Tagovailoa? Can he be the next Marcus Mariota?

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

Did Jermiah Masoli play one year at St. Louis? I know he came from the mainland (where he got in trouble during HS). Then he played at Oregon too (where he got in trouble)...

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

Wasn't there some kid named Tamatoa Demello around 2007?

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Ulchiro5ga wrote:Did Jermiah Masoli play one year at St. Louis? I know he came from the mainland (where he got in trouble during HS). Then he played at Oregon too (where he got in trouble)...
Yes he did. He and Cameron Higgins for a while shared the starting job.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

SM96753 wrote:Wasn't there some kid named Tamatoa Demello around 2007?
Yes he was Micah Mamiya's backup for a year. Maybe two, can't remember.

He had to start in the state championship against Kahuku in 2007 or 2008 after Mamiya got hurt in the prior game. Felt bad for my fellow Crusaders cause I believe they would've won that state title if Mamiya played that game.

SportCourt
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SportCourt »

anthoang wrote:Thanks anyways. What do you think of Tua Tagovailoa? Can he be the next Marcus Mariota?

WOWZER! Huge Task and almost impossible shoes to fill, Hawaii Kid leads team to state title, wins rose bowl, wins heisman, 2nd pick in the NFL, Game 1 Started and goes absolutely OFF with perfect QB rating....

thats a BIG ASK!

Watched Mariota in highschool and was able to watch a couple with Tua this year. With MM what always stood out was his command of the offense, he had the perfect reads and was deadly accurate. MM was at times boring to watch because it was so effortless, played within the system and when he ran his stride covered so much ground he did not look that fast but would blow by everyone.
Watching TT it is not as effortless and he extends lots of plays with his athletic ability. The kid throws ropes rolling to his left, right and even backing up. Very athletic and looks to run you over if needed and he is very capable. I dont feel however he has the command that MM brought to the table. If he keeps working hard and trains like he does perhaps he can catch MM, they both are great kids and role models. VP did a fantastic job!

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

SportCourt wrote:
anthoang wrote:Thanks anyways. What do you think of Tua Tagovailoa? Can he be the next Marcus Mariota?

WOWZER! Huge Task and almost impossible shoes to fill, Hawaii Kid leads team to state title, wins rose bowl, wins heisman, 2nd pick in the NFL, Game 1 Started and goes absolutely OFF with perfect QB rating....

thats a BIG ASK!

Watched Mariota in highschool and was able to watch a couple with Tua this year. With MM what always stood out was his command of the offense, he had the perfect reads and was deadly accurate. MM was at times boring to watch because it was so effortless, played within the system and when he ran his stride covered so much ground he did not look that fast but would blow by everyone.
Watching TT it is not as effortless and he extends lots of plays with his athletic ability. The kid throws ropes rolling to his left, right and even backing up. Very athletic and looks to run you over if needed and he is very capable. I dont feel however he has the command that MM brought to the table. If he keeps working hard and trains like he does perhaps he can catch MM, they both are great kids and role models. VP did a fantastic job!
Agreed on TT, I did notice he is not to accurate with the long ball over 30 yards (easily fixed). I think STL would do better if the receivers would come back to the ball and or find open spots, when the play is extended and TT is scrambling. It looks like they are lost and don't know where to go when the play is extended. Maybe the receivers are use to him running after his second read is covered. He normally takes off up field, but lately he has been staying behind the line of scrimmage trying to throw down field. I think the receivers need to start coming back and finding open spots when that happens. Its a team thing at this point. I feel he will be his own type of QB. hard to follow MM.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

KindergartenCop wrote:
SportCourt wrote:

thats a BIG ASK!

Agreed on TT, I did notice he is not to accurate with the long ball over 30 yards (easily fixed). I think STL would do better if the receivers would come back to the ball and or find open spots, when the play is extended and TT is scrambling. It looks like they are lost and don't know where to go when the play is extended. Maybe the receivers are use to him running after his second read is covered. He normally takes off up field, but lately he has been staying behind the line of scrimmage trying to throw down field. I think the receivers need to start coming back and finding open spots when that happens. Its a team thing at this point. I feel he will be his own type of QB. hard to follow MM.
Stop making excuses for terrible players. The Saint Louis receivers and slots are terrible. Kobayashi with shaky hamstrings is a terrible player. I can't believe how blind you guys are. Tagovailoa is probably the best QB in the country and all you can talk about is how his receivers need to fit his "limitations". Tua has above-average accuracy on deep balls. I think he has a better than 10% chance to win the Heisman.

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

saynotomercs wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:
SportCourt wrote:

thats a BIG ASK!

Stop making excuses for terrible players. The Saint Louis receivers and slots are terrible. Kobayashi with shaky hamstrings is a terrible player. I can't believe how blind you guys are. Tagovailoa is probably the best QB in the country and all you can talk about is how his receivers need to fit his "limitations". Tua has above-average accuracy on deep balls. I think he has a better than 10% chance to win the Heisman.

saynotomercs: What is wrong with you? You must have had a bad day. I will not get into it with you. I was just making an observation. No basing of anyone from me.

BowTow

Post by BowTow »

Taulia might end up better than Tua.