Big 5 Week 5 Picks

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Big 5 Week 5 Picks

Post by reignjah11 »

Sayno hasn't posted one for this week so i figure ill make one in his place.

LAST WEEK'S RECORD
soleu: 4-1
gridiron22: 4-1
mycall: 5-0
reignjah11: 5-0
jrboi96786: 4-1
KAILUABOYS96734: 4-1
MauiGuy: 4-1
FASBOY'90: 3-2
saynotomercs: 4-1
rednblue 3-2
hawaii78 2-3
BDavis_808 3-1
rrforlifebaby 3-2

OVERALL STANDINGS
gridiron22 14-1
saynotomercs 12-3
mycall 10-0
reignjah11 10-0
jrboi96786 9-1
KAILUABOYS96734 8-2
MauiGuy 8-2
soleu 8-2
FASBOY'90 8-7
BDavis_808 6-3
Hawaii78 6-4
rednblue 3-2
rrforlifebaby 3-2

THIS WEEK

Aiea @ Kapolei
-Kapolei

Waianae @ Leilehua
-Leilehua

Kamehameha vs Iolani (Aloha Stadium)
-Kamehameha

Kailua @ Farrington (Roosevelt)
-Farrington

Moanalua @ Kahuku
-Kahuku

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Big 5 Week 5 Picks

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Let's try this again:
Aiea @ Kapolei
-Aiea

Waianae @ Leilehua
-Leilehua

-Kamehameha

-Farrington

Moanalua @ Kahuku
-Kahuku

Go Big RED!!!

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

-Aiea
-Leilehua
-Kamehameha
-Farrington
-Kahuku

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

Aiea
Leilehua
Kamehameha
Kailua
Kahuku

jrboi96786
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jrboi96786 »

Kapolei

Leilehua - I'm expecting a tight one

Kamehameha - Iolani should score more than Govs against the Warrior but Kamehameha will win big

Kailua - I'm taking chance on this one. The Govs only won last week because of Castle's mistake and avoidable penalties.

Kahuku

Hawaii78
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Hawaii78 »

rrforlifebaby wrote:Let's try this again:
Aiea @ Kapolei
-Aiea

Waianae @ Leilehua
-Leilehua

-Kamehameha

-Farrington

Moanalua @ Kahuku
-Kahuku

Go Big RED!!!
Aiea
Waianae
Kamehameha
Kailua
Kahuku

KAILUABOYS96734
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by KAILUABOYS96734 »

Aiea

Leilehua

Kamehameha

Farrington

Kahuku

mycall
High-quality H20 provider

Post by mycall »

Let me be radical and totally out of the box. And since sayno didn't post it, this is my UNOFFICIAL picks haha. But if im right ..... :)

Aiea

-Feel like they rally together and get that win. I'm a Waipahu alum also so I'm hoping Aiea wins so that Marauders can beat Aiea next week and it'll be a three way tie for last in the West LOL

Waianae

-Leilehua almost loss to Campbell, Waianae played without Wiles last week. Gonna come down to special teams, whether be a Leilehua return for TD, or a Waianae fieldgoal

Kamehameha

-Jordan Ross is gonna find out the difference against running against D2 defenses and D1 defenses

Farrington

-meh, don't think Kailua has enough size to handle. Govs bounce back from their gift win.

Moanalua

-WOAH, Gonna get flamed for this but I think it could happen. Menes played Kahuku "close" past two years. Kaneshiro had a career game last week, don't know how Kahuku's additions on defense this week is gonna play out. Gut feeling is that Moanalua is gonna get the early lead and that Kahuku is going to have to rally. 99/100 times Kahuku will win though. No disrespect to the Red Raider nation. I'm predicting the Red Raiders will suffer a regular season loss this year and this week might be the week. It's better to get it over with early in the season, than latter.

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

Making it interesting...

Aiea - playing pretty well right now and should nullify the home-field advantage

Leilehua - too much for Waianae, but should be a really good game.

Kamehemeha - as good as Iolani is, it's Kamehameha!

Farrington - I don't think this will be a game for the ages.

Kahuku - gonna try and regain some of that Red Raider momentum that's been slipping a bit.

Big ups to mycall for picking Moanalua!!! That's a pretty small limb you've climbed out on...

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

We better count this week! It was a pain in the okole to get everyone's record straight!

Actually that moanalua pick isn't that farfetched. Kahuku is young this year and still trying to put it together, this is the best time if any for big blue to pull the upset. Of course it's easier said than done especially playing at Laie.

kanakattack
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by kanakattack »

Kapolei is 4-1 but they only beat junk teams (Pearl City, Waipahu, McKinley, Aiea) so I guess they the worst 4-1 team in the state, because everybody picked against them ( I had them losing too). Haha

Aiea has a tough D, but no running game.

I think Campbell is the sleeper team in the west.

mycall

Post by mycall »

Well the Moanalua pick wasn't that bad after all haha.

If Menes converted on 4th down in the redzone and their hook and lateral play didn't get called back. Could have been a different score.

Hawaii78
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Hawaii78 »

kanakattack wrote:Kapolei is 4-1 but they only beat junk teams (Pearl City, Waipahu, McKinley, Aiea) so I guess they the worst 4-1 team in the state, because everybody picked against them ( I had them losing too). Haha

I was at Kapolei's homecoming game this past week. Their offensive line looked impressive: tall and very big. How do you not crush teams with that offensive line-up? They average around 6'5 and well over 280 lbs each, but I was totally disappointed by their lack of speed, power, and technique. Kapolei needs to re-adjust their offensive line. Tristan Perbria is the reason they won on his second and third effort. Kapolei needs their offensive line to do a lot more. I see Micah Kapoi is still there and even he looked slow and out of sync. Their defense really impressed me with Kingston Fernandez and Micah Paris. What happened to that other kid, Vakamelalo? Coach Hernandez was big on him last year and the beginning of this year?

kanakattack
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by kanakattack »

Hawaii78 wrote:
kanakattack wrote:Kapolei is 4-1 but they only beat junk teams (Pearl City, Waipahu, McKinley, Aiea) so I guess they the worst 4-1 team in the state, because everybody picked against them ( I had them losing too). Haha

I was at Kapolei's homecoming game this past week. Their offensive line looked impressive: tall and very big. How do you not crush teams with that offensive line-up? They average around 6'5 and well over 280 lbs each, but I was totally disappointed by their lack of speed, power, and technique. Kapolei needs to re-adjust their offensive line. Tristan Perbria is the reason they won on his second and third effort. Kapolei needs their offensive line to do a lot more. I see Micah Kapoi is still there and even he looked slow and out of sync. Their defense really impressed me with Kingston Fernandez and Micah Paris. What happened to that other kid, Vakamelalo? Coach Hernandez was big on him last year and the beginning of this year?
I agree that Kapolei's line is big and tall, but being big does not mean you are going to be good. They are super slow so being big no mean nothing. Also, they are young, with one sophomore and only one senior (Kapoi). Again, Kapolei lacks speed on offense.

Aiea's Hernandez-Fonoti did not look like he was all the way back from his concussion. He was averaging over 30 yards a catch and if Aiea can sneak into the playoffs, with a healthy Liilii at quarterback and their receivers healthy, they could be a handful. They have a tough defense.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Speaking of "big, but slow": I know Punahou's O-line is big, but is it slow? I'm hearing conflicting info. On this site, most posts I've read on the subject say Punahou's O-line is slow, but recently someone posted that they're "just as fast as anyone else out there." Anyone want to comment/verify?