OIA Red East renamed White-B

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
KAILUABOYS96734
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Re: OIA Red East renamed White-B

Post by KAILUABOYS96734 »

Kahuku as well as the red east will be fine. It is after all only preseason.......

FASBOY'90
Starter
Starter

Post by FASBOY'90 »

bigD wrote:I dont care how many teams go or what side they from at the end of the day only one team matters.. I could understand if the west had won the titles and dominated over last decade. But kahuku has proven that it doesnt matter what side you from and took them all out year after year..
+1
I agree.

3M3TAH
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 3M3TAH »

thats what they say every year about the west side :-({|= but then at the end its a eastside team that takes it \:D/ if you want an A/B white east then should have an A/B white west too cause the west aint all that :munky2: REP DA OIA boi :hello1:

IslandRainbow808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IslandRainbow808 »

The west side pundits are waiting for Kahuku to have a bad year so they can finally say the west is the best conference in the OIA.
Remove Kahuku and the rest of the OIA East should change their conference names to WIF (windward interscholastic foundation) to go along with the BIIF, KIF, MIL.

808tamatoa
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808tamatoa »

gridiron22 wrote:Farrington and the rest of the OIA east are all getting smashed.
If word is true that kahuku is rebuilding and stlouis takes them to the cleaners tomorrow then the OIA east should drop down into the white division maybe?

Maybe a white-a league and white-b league?

To be fair, oahu west and leeward areas are growing developments and you have transplants from all around the state moving in, so there is a shift of powers in high school football and it favors the OIA west. The east side has old haole retirees from the mainland buying up houses to move into, or turn into vacation homes.

I think because of all the transfering and players wanting to get play time anywhere they can, the small town mentality faded away a long time ago. Players arent really playing for the name on the front of the jersey, more so playing for a chance to get noticed and into college. Thats what these athletes are thinking about when they have the opportunity to get into the ILH.

Kahuku still has that small town mentality and pride, hope they can continue to pump out talent so that they dont dwindle into irrelevancy like the rest of the OIA east.
Last time I drove through Kalihi, I didn't see many retired old haole people living in retirement homes. Let's see, Farrington has kids from KPTand Kam IV Housing. McKinley has kids from Mayor Wright Housing, Kaimuki has kids from Palolo Housing, Roosevelt has kids from Papakolea, Castle has kids from Kaneohe and Kahaluu, Kailua has kids from Waimanalo. Moanalua has kids from Pearl Harbor and Hickam.

As for the OIA Red East, it's a one team division. Kahuku. Even in their rebuilding years, it's not really a rebuilding year. Like someone else here put it, Kahuku doesn't rebuild, they just reload. It's time the OIA thought about restructuring the divisions/conferences into more than just Red and White. The West teams beat each other up every year and it takes a toll on them by the time the playoffs roll around. That's not an excuse of why a Red West team hasn't won the championship, it's just the facts. The other fact being Kahuku. The best team is still the best team no matter what division they're in. But Kahuku does walk through the East each year with little to no competition and are fresh for the playoffs. Take a look at Scoring Lives rankings last week. 6 out of the top ten were Red West teams with one East team, Kahuku, and by the time the West teams get done beating each other into loses, they will start dropping out of the rankings, such as Aiea will next week after losing to Waianae.

So as far as which is the stronger, better, conference, the Red West is the stronger, better conference, and Kahuku is the best OIA team.

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

808tamatoa wrote: The West teams beat each other up every year and it takes a toll on them by the time the playoffs roll around. That's not an excuse of why a Red West team hasn't won the championship, it's just the facts. The other fact being Kahuku.
Last year I dont think Kahuku had a Healthy Oline or DLine the entire playoffs.
They didnt have their starting Full Back in PJ Liua in the championship game against Punahou but they still won.

I think you are making up excuses for the west.

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

808tamatoa wrote:The West teams beat each other up every year and it takes a toll on them by the time the playoffs roll around. That's not an excuse of why a Red West team hasn't won the championship, it's just the facts...Kahuku does walk through the East each year with little to no competition and are fresh for the playoffs.
Strongly disagree. The 1st 2 state titles (at least), Kahuku ran through the OIA Red Division and that was before the East/West split. They beat the best the OIA had to offer and the beat them at least once more in the OIA and State Playoffs.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Didn't kahuku spanked the best three teams that Hawaii high school had to offer last year!? answer is YES! last year kahuku had tough games from the west and almost lost some of them but there D was the ones that made sure that won't happened. The west can be stronger the teams but kahuku is the strongest team!

808tamatoa
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808tamatoa »

No doubt Kahuku is always one of the teams to beat in the state every year, and no doubt they were the best in the state last year with or without the injuries. No one is arguing the point of how good KAHUKU is. As a CONFERENCE, the West has better tougher teams. As a CONFERENCE, the East is not as strong as the West. This thread is about the CONFERENCE as a whole and not how good Kahuku is. Is that too difficult to understand?

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Well if your going to specify what this thread is about then you SHOULDN'T bring up the WEST coz this thread is about east conference ONLY! is that too difficult to understand too?

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

Dropping the Red-East to a kind of White isn't going to do much. It's just the regular evolution of conferences. It was within my lifetime that Castle, McKinley, Kailua, Kalaheo, and Kaimuki were all OIA powers. Stomping out schools like Leilehua, Campbell, and Aiea. We need to simply put everything into perspective. I would say between 2000-2005 a lot the East schools peaked. It just so happens that the East schools lately have been struggling while the West has been peaking with talent.

As for the West beating themselves up, that argument is invalid. That implies our boys in the East are playing with less heart and effort, which I can vouch they certainly are not.

hardheadedred
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: San Antonio Spurs
NFL: Oakland Raiders

Post by hardheadedred »

gridiron22 wrote:Farrington and the rest of the OIA east are all getting smashed.
If word is true that kahuku is rebuilding and stlouis takes them to the cleaners tomorrow then the OIA east should drop down into the white division maybe?

To be fair, oahu west and leeward areas are growing developments and you have transplants from all around the state moving in, so there is a shift of powers in high school football and it favors the OIA west. The east side has old haole retirees from the mainland buying up houses to move into, or turn into vacation homes.

I think because of all the transfering and players wanting to get play time anywhere they can, the small town mentality faded away a long time ago. Players arent really playing for the name on the front of the jersey, more so playing for a chance to get noticed and into college. Thats what these athletes are thinking about when they have the opportunity to get into the ILH.

Kahuku still has that small town mentality and pride, hope they can continue to pump out talent so that they dont dwindle into irrelevancy like the rest of the OIA east.
ARE YOU SERIOUS OR ARE YOU JOKING AROUND? I can't tell. Because to say the whole OIA Red East should get downgraded to any white division, is RIDICULOUS. First off I'm a Punahou graduate striaght out of Kapolei so I am ILH for life but always favoring OIA WEST since I am from the west side. So biases aside, let's be REAL with it.

OIA Red West has had ONE phenomenal year, that doesn't mean we should defer everyone else! Come on, the OIA Red East has usually dominated with stronger teams historically. To degrade them like that is just ignorant. I mean Kahuku and Farrington (two teams that I actually cannot stand) are LEGENDARY. Even with their less then stellar performance this year, were able to make it pretty far. Farrington still has a chance. Not a great one but they're still in it. OIA WEST is going to have to win year after year before anyone can say something like that. Not cool.

hardheadedred
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: San Antonio Spurs
NFL: Oakland Raiders

Post by hardheadedred »

ARE YOU SERIOUS OR ARE YOU JOKING AROUND? I can't tell. Because to say the whole OIA Red East should get downgraded to any white division, is RIDICULOUS. First off I'm a Punahou graduate striaght out of Kapolei so I am ILH for life but always favoring OIA WEST since I am from the west side. So biases aside, let's be REAL with it.

OIA Red West has had ONE phenomenal year, that doesn't mean we should defer everyone else! Come on, the OIA Red East has usually dominated with stronger teams historically. To degrade them like that is just ignorant. I mean Kahuku and Farrington (two teams that I actually cannot stand) are LEGENDARY. Even with their less then stellar performance this year, were able to make it pretty far. Farrington still has a chance. Not a great one but they're still in it. OIA WEST is going to have to win year after year before anyone can say something like that. Not cool.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

hardheadedred wrote:

Just curious: Suppose there were a championship game between Kamehameha and Kapolei (doesn't have to be in football). Which team would you root for?

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

One of the greatest things about football is that anything can happen! The east been dominating for years, now that theres a shift to the west, no need get all HUHU! Let the games play out. Look at the East/West all star game. The east has won every year until 2003. Since then, the west has won every year. Looks like the shift is coming, are you ready for it?