Hawaii Football Recruiting

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Hawaii Football Prospect Watch List

Post by rednblue »

Breiden Fehoko offered by National Champ Alabama!

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

Observations so far, sorry I didn't get to watch the other games.

-Kahuku is young but very talented:
-Soli Afalava looks good at RB, waiting to see him play more on D.
-Keala Boy Santiago is a playmaker in the return game.
-Interesting to see the growth of the defense when Clifford Ramseyer & others return

-Saint Louis the team to beat?
-Devan Stubblefield is giving Kanawai Noa a run for best receiver in the state.
-Ryder Kuhns has an absolute rocket arm. Pocket awareness needs to improve.
-Jaisen Sanchez is a shut down corner, according to Coach Reggie Torres.
-Drew Kobayashi is a big play threat with unsure hands.
-Will Adam Noga be lost in the play calling with so much passing?

-Kamehameha is for real:
-Best defensive line in the state, hands down.
-Mika Tafua is a man possessed coming off the edge.
-Who will slow down the running game? Who will when Kaulana Apelu returns?
-Noah Su'a-Godinet has the potential to be the best dual threat QB in the state since Mariota.

-Punahou's hold on the ILH shrinking
-Semisi Uluave was not impressive vs. smaller Mililani rusher Keli'i Padello.
-Tui Tuileta and Kanawai Noa not yet on same page as last year.
-Kotoni Sekona looks like a nightmare to takle in the hole.
-Wayne Taulapapa looks like a future stud at RB.
-Tuinei, Lakalaka, Moea'i, and Chung are a formidable LB core.

-Leilehua and new faces
-Stacked at QB, but newcomer Mack Eberhardt is at the top
-Toma Savea will be huge in the redzone this season.
-Variety of formations will be an advantage all year for Ikaika Piceno

-Not last year's Farrington
-Breiden Fehoko at nose guard will help the D, not his stats
-Motu Heimuli should benefit from Fehoko working inside

-2 QB rotation, no real starter for Mililani
-Vae Malepeai is a beast and could win the offensive POY if they can't figure out the passing game
-Jacob Afele and Dayton Furuta struggled stopping the run of Punahou.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Vae malepeai might be the best back in the state. St.Louis receivers are the best n the state! I still don't know what so special about keala Santiago, he didn't do much in the game.

DA SCOUT
High-quality H20 provider

Post by DA SCOUT »

Mika Tafua is a man possessed coming off the edge
Mika Tafua wasn't being blocked off the edge, he was coming in untouched, watch the film. shame on farringtons O line coach Kesi

KOKOHEAD808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by KOKOHEAD808 »

rednblue wrote:Observations so far, sorry I didn't get to watch the other games.

-Kahuku is young but very talented:
-Soli Afalava looks good at RB, waiting to see him play more on D.
-Keala Boy Santiago is a playmaker in the return game.
-Interesting to see the growth of the defense when Clifford Ramseyer & others return

-Saint Louis the team to beat?
-Devan Stubblefield is giving Kanawai Noa a run for best receiver in the state.
-Ryder Kuhns has an absolute rocket arm. Pocket awareness needs to improve.
-Jaisen Sanchez is a shut down corner, according to Coach Reggie Torres.
-Drew Kobayashi is a big play threat with unsure hands.
-Will Adam Noga be lost in the play calling with so much passing?

-Kamehameha is for real:
-Best defensive line in the state, hands down.
-Mika Tafua is a man possessed coming off the edge.
-Who will slow down the running game? Who will when Kaulana Apelu returns?
-Noah Su'a-Godinet has the potential to be the best dual threat QB in the state since Mariota.

-Punahou's hold on the ILH shrinking
-Semisi Uluave was not impressive vs. smaller Mililani rusher Keli'i Padello.
-Tui Tuileta and Kanawai Noa not yet on same page as last year.
-Kotoni Sekona looks like a nightmare to takle in the hole.
-Wayne Taulapapa looks like a future stud at RB.
-Tuinei, Lakalaka, Moea'i, and Chung are a formidable LB core.

-Leilehua and new faces
-Stacked at QB, but newcomer Mack Eberhardt is at the top
-Toma Savea will be huge in the redzone this season.
-Variety of formations will be an advantage all year for Ikaika Piceno

-Not last year's Farrington
-Breiden Fehoko at nose guard will help the D, not his stats
-Motu Heimuli should benefit from Fehoko working inside

-2 QB rotation, no real starter for Mililani
-Vae Malepeai is a beast and could win the offensive POY if they can't figure out the passing game
-Jacob Afele and Dayton Furuta struggled stopping the run of Punahou.
Kahuku- Did Santiago do anything else very well?
QB situation, whos the starter?
Farrington-Fehoko did well in the off season at camps
But this season will probably be a well needed piece of humble pie for him and his family
Once again, Heimuli will be the one to watch
Mililani - qb situation is going to be a problem if they dont figure it out soon
St Louis- devan stubblefield and ryder kuhns vs larry tuileta and kanawai
Noa ... Tuileta and Noa better find their rhythm soon
Punahou- Tuinei has potential, but watching him literally bounce off of Mililani players...I think hes questionable against larger more physical teams, Lakalaka and Chung OK ... Byfar not the best defense in the state (not even
When Kaumatule and Brady return)

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

DE Lamone Williams
expected a lot more from him against St. Louis. He didn't show me much.

footballfreak
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by footballfreak »

Should be a tough battle this week with the Nanakuli / Radford game. Last week Nanakuli looked weak against a scrappy Waialua squad. Dallas Kaapuni returning to the offensive line-up with his first game with the Hawks. The battle will be won in the trenches for this game and getting to Lui-Yuen is the key for the Hawks. If they don't get to Lui-Yuen, then it will be a very long night for the Hawks secondary. Radford is a very dangerous team with their receivers and a quarterback who proved he could deliver. Hopefully the Hawks can insert Dez Kaaihue on defense, because I heard he was moved to the offensive line. Not sure if that was a good move or not, still not confirmed if he is on the offensive line. Chazz Troutman may be the deciding factor in this game. This game will feature a few prospects, so they better all perform.

KAILUABOYS96734
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by KAILUABOYS96734 »

JOSHUA TUPOUNIUA(#67) Kalaheo
http://youtu.be/c4QtZhZaqoo

MAKENA JOHNSTON (#22) Kalaheo
http://youtu.be/LD1y3or3k4I

DA SCOUT

Post by DA SCOUT »

TheDuke wrote:
DE Lamone Williams
expected a lot more from him against St. Louis. He didn't show me much.
thats because he is over hyped cant find to much film on him to break him down not even descent highlights but he is all state though. but against a top tier team in the state like STL that has a good O line he is not even a difference maker but he will tear it up in a weak red east division. same for Fehoko against Ksk he was a no show but will probably make plays in the red east.every team in the red east besides farrington and Kahuku should be D II

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

Lamone Williams seems to be solid, from my observations watching high school football over the past two years is that he plays assignment football very well. Thus Kahukus shut down defense over the past two years. He fits in to a system where everyone else is doing their job, he is not a weak link. The players around him this year are all weak links as we all saw in the St. Louis game, he actually had a good game blew past the oline a few times to force hurries.

I can see how you say he is not flashy but his measurables are legit. But yeah, Fehoko on the other hand is that player you see dunking the basketball in warm ups before a game but when the whistle blows he is no where to be found. Over Hype I agree.

DA SCOUT

Post by DA SCOUT »

gridiron22 wrote:Lamone Williams seems to be solid, from my observations watching high school football over the past two years is that he plays assignment football very well. Thus Kahukus shut down defense over the past two years. He fits in to a system where everyone else is doing their job, he is not a weak link. The players around him this year are all weak links as we all saw in the St. Louis game, he actually had a good game blew past the oline a few times to force hurries.

I can see how you say he is not flashy but his measurables are legit. But yeah, Fehoko on the other hand is that player you see dunking the basketball in warm ups before a game but when the whistle blows he is no where to be found. Over Hype I agree.
not saying that he isn't a discipline football player but with everyone hyping this kid up, when he plays against better schools he needs to step it up. after the stl game they play nobody for the rest of the year where he will be physically unmatched until playoffs. for a very longtime in high school ,the coaches decide who they are going to hype, media gets on the wagon and blows these kids up. lamone williams does have the measurables but from what i have seen in the last few years he is soft, this kid is a legit D1 prospect he should be blowing things up, its not like STL was giving him extra attention in their blocking scheme he just looked like another player.

kanakattack
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by kanakattack »

footballfreak wrote:Should be a tough battle this week with the Nanakuli / Radford game. Last week Nanakuli looked weak against a scrappy Waialua squad. Dallas Kaapuni returning to the offensive line-up with his first game with the Hawks. The battle will be won in the trenches for this game and getting to Lui-Yuen is the key for the Hawks. If they don't get to Lui-Yuen, then it will be a very long night for the Hawks secondary. Radford is a very dangerous team with their receivers and a quarterback who proved he could deliver. Hopefully the Hawks can insert Dez Kaaihue on defense, because I heard he was moved to the offensive line. Not sure if that was a good move or not, still not confirmed if he is on the offensive line. Chazz Troutman may be the deciding factor in this game. This game will feature a few prospects, so they better all perform.
First of all, this is a "Prospect Watch List" thread, which is rather puzzling, since Nanakuli has zero D1 players on their roster. In fact, if I am not mistaken, Keala Watson (current head coach) is the last D1 player from Nanakuli. The only D1 player in your comment is Radford's Cody Lui-Yuen, who is 6'4 and has a good arm and good mobility.

Secondly, what happened to the "tough battle" you predicted between the Rams and the Hawks? Looks to me like it was no contest. Lui-Yuen had 358 yards passing and four touchdowns, so the game was probably worse than the score showed.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

kanakattack wrote:
footballfreak wrote:Should be a tough battle this week with the Nanakuli / Radford game. Last week Nanakuli looked weak against a scrappy Waialua squad. Dallas Kaapuni returning to the offensive line-up with his first game with the Hawks. The battle will be won in the trenches for this game and getting to Lui-Yuen is the key for the Hawks. If they don't get to Lui-Yuen, then it will be a very long night for the Hawks secondary. Radford is a very dangerous team with their receivers and a quarterback who proved he could deliver. Hopefully the Hawks can insert Dez Kaaihue on defense, because I heard he was moved to the offensive line. Not sure if that was a good move or not, still not confirmed if he is on the offensive line. Chazz Troutman may be the deciding factor in this game. This game will feature a few prospects, so they better all perform.
First of all, this is a "Prospect Watch List" thread, which is rather puzzling, since Nanakuli has zero D1 players on their roster. In fact, if I am not mistaken, Keala Watson (current head coach) is the last D1 player from Nanakuli. The only D1 player in your comment is Radford's Cody Lui-Yuen, who is 6'4 and has a good arm and good mobility.

Secondly, what happened to the "tough battle" you predicted between the Rams and the Hawks? Looks to me like it was no contest. Lui-Yuen had 358 yards passing and four touchdowns, so the game was probably worse than the score showed.
I think Dez Kaaihue Is a borderline FBS prospect. Not sure if he can play LB. I think the jury is still out on Cody Lui Yuen. He's a big guy but I've never been that impressed with either his production (decision making) or his mechanics. He's played for a couple of years now and I haven't heard of any offers extended to him.

footballfreak
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by footballfreak »

kanakattack wrote:

The score going into the 3rd quarter was 14-16 Radford, Nanakuli scored, but the TD was called back that would've made it 22-16 in the 3rd quarter. So, bascially it was a hard fought battle, but the Hawks got down and never recouped (discipline wise). It was a much better game than the outcome score. It was similar to the St. Louis-Kahuku game, the outcome of the score didn't show how close the game actually was, until St. Louis blew the game open in the later 3rd quarter. You got size and D-1 thinking all mixed up. Dez can make a D-1 player as an outside linebacker or if he beefed up, even at D-line. Nobody said you had to be 6'4.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Lamone Williams seems to be solid, from my observations watching high school football over the past two years is that he plays assignment football very well. Thus Kahukus shut down defense over the past two years. He fits in to a system where everyone else is doing their job, he is not a weak link. The players around him this year are all weak links as we all saw in the St. Louis game, he actually had a good game blew past the oline a few times to force hurries.

I went to the game and he didn't do much. Hurries to me means that he didn't get there.

On the last St Louis TD drive he was basically trying to submarine the ST Louis OL. They just pushed him down and went right by him. The last TD went directly over him.