Kalani vs. Punahou Soccer

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
runitout
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Kalani vs. Punahou Soccer

Post by runitout »

Kalani deserved the win tonight. The center ref was obviously for Punahou the whole game. Kalani was getting fouled left and right and he didn't card Punahou at all. Yet as soon as the Punahou player fell down his yellow card came out right away against the Kalani players. I'm not even a Kalani fan being from the ILH, but they deserved the win! Congrats Kalani...State Boys Soccer Champs!

jogabrazil
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Kalani vs. Punahou Soccer

Post by jogabrazil »

@runitout

Did you even watch the game? lol. The center ref was bad, yes. He gives a yellow card to the punahou goalie.... for what? He called more fouls against punahou. FACT. And, the biggest blunder of all........... HE TAKES AWAY THE FIRST GOAL FOR PUNAHOU!!!!!!!!!! Unreal!! Ref's shouldn't even really be noticed if he's doing a good job. Tonight.... the refs were front in center. Meaning they were a big part of the game. Meaning they weren't doing a good job. So bad. Sad.

PUNAHOU scoring 3 goals. KALANI scoring 2.

I'm not a fan for either team. I'm just a futbol fan. I feel bad for both teams to have such a bad experience. Both teams played there heart out. But, to say that one team deserves a win because the ref sucked is lame. You discredit the beautiful game. I think I give the edge to punahou. they have more shots on goal. they dominate possession. they score more goals. But, the beauty of futbol is that any team can beat anybody, any day. Truly magic. What a great and beautiful game.

Congratulations Kalani! Awesome!!

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

Just caught the end of the game and the two overtimes. Looked to me like Kalani was trying to score while Punahou was playing conservative. Fun game to watch, congratulations to both teams.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

yea the refs were terrible. i understand you wanna let the guys play it out being the championship but there were some pretty obvious fouls that werent called for both teams. i agree with the post above though, it just seemed like kalani wanted it more down the stretch while punahou was playing it conservative. great game, congrats to kalani!

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

I watched most of the game. I believe the Puns had more penalties than Kalani. However, it looked to me like there were more non-calls against the Puns than there weren't against Kalani, especially in or near the box area. But regardless, it still was a good match to watch.

p.s. Hasn't been a good year for the Puns on the field in losing to teams whose colors are Red and White...lol.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

rrforlifebaby wrote:I watched most of the game. I believe the Puns had more penalties than Kalani. However, it looked to me like there were more non-calls against the Puns than there weren't against Kalani, especially in or near the box area. But regardless, it still was a good match to watch.

p.s. Hasn't been a good year for the Puns on the field in losing to teams whose colors are Red and White...lol.
Does that include Iolani in girls soccer?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

gopunahou wrote:
rrforlifebaby wrote:I watched most of the game. I believe the Puns had more penalties than Kalani. However, it looked to me like there were more non-calls against the Puns than there weren't against Kalani, especially in or near the box area. But regardless, it still was a good match to watch.

Does that include Iolani in girls soccer?
lol. just checked scoringlive, Yes, including the Iolani girls soccer team over the Lady Puns. GOOO RED & WHITE!!! lol.