2012 High School Cross Country

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
kewlrunnings
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2012 High School Cross Country

Post by kewlrunnings »

The BIIF just released how they are going to be allotting their team/individual qualifiers for states. The past couple of years they took the top two teams and the rest were given to individuals (if five or more individuals qualified then they would would score as a team). This year they are taking the top two teams full teams and then the next two teams would qualify five runners. This is obviously an attempt to have some teams running for the DII title.

Source: http://waynejoseph.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... hsaa-meet/

2LeftFeet
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 2LeftFeet »

...so it looks like DI teams could potentially be "spoilers" in the DII championship, and vice versa.
Also, if leagues don't have plan to advance DII designated teams into States, there could potentially be ZERO teams in the DII race, which would make the creation of a DII championship completely useless.

OIAcoach
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by OIAcoach »

Kauai is all DII. So there will be one DII team for sure.

WHAT
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by WHAT »

DII has HBA, SEABURY, KAM. HAWAII, HPA boys, a Kauai Team (kauai, Waimea) only has DII. HBA girls have been finishing high in the ILH. HBA boys are getting stronger. Seabury looks good. The Big Island should be well represented.

2LeftFeet
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 2LeftFeet »

It's just interesting how the various leagues created their advancement formulas. The Big Island Interscholastic Federation is taking 7 runners from each of the top two teams and five from each of the 3rd and 4th place teams in their league, regardless of Division level, so if no DII teams make place in the top 4 at their league championships, and the remaining 13/14 qualifying runners of their allotted 37/38 are 5 from the same DII team, then they could potentially have no complete DII teams entered.
If the other leagues have a similar policy, then Kauai could win by default.
I would think that since the outer/neighbor island leagues were the ones pushing for Division II in cross country, they would have a more solid advancement formula.

whoewa70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whoewa70 »

The run into States is starting. Teams will be flying into Kona and driving into Waimea. All in preparation for this Friday's HHSAA Cross Country Championships at Hawaii Preparatory Academy. Let's go people...this season has been very quiet on the forum. Who do we expect to win D1 and D2? Individual champions? I think on the girls side Dakota Grossman is the clear favorite but Elli Brady won't hand it to her so easily. On the boys side it could be a 2 person race between Chris Olverson of Leilehua and Davis Kaahanui of Kamehameha Kapalama. The championship races in the MIL and BIIF had different winners than expected if you followed the season. But expect Pearson and Langtry to push hard as both have experience on the course.

Should be very interesting and exciting races and I am glad that I will be there. Good luck to all you athletes and race hard.

Coach Mark
Campbell HS XC

OIAcoach
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by OIAcoach »

Of course, on the girls side will be a rematch of last years states, with Punahou and HPA leading the way. Seabury Hall wins the DII. The ILH championships was closer then I expected on the boys side, between Punahou and Iolani. But all state winning teams need a one-two punch. So I give the edge to Punahou and Iolani second. HBA wins the DII.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

Go Pearl City!