*****2012 HHS Spring Football Official Thread*****

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: San Fransico Giants
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

*****2012 HHS Spring Football Official Thread*****

Post by polywarrior4life »

With the start of the OIA HS Spring Football, in full swing, It should be interesting to see the rising Seniors, the returning Juniors, the young Sophomores, who made there mark last season, along with the incoming Freshmans who are entering high school for the very first time to hopefully place there stamp on Hawaii High School Football.

FARRINGTON GOVERNORS:

I had a chance to stop over at Farrington to watch the start of there spring ball. I saw a good amount of athletes on the field going through drills and conditioning. The JV always start off with high numbers, the varsity is average in numbers. Of course the Govs return there entire offensive line and then some and they are huge.

SHORT NOTE:

For the Govs Offensively, with the loss of starters, QB Travis Tamapua, RB Tavale Masalosalo, and WR Toma Barret to graduation, I don't think the Govs lost too much weapons Offensively. With returning Seniors, RB Tyler Taumua, back up, Abraham aka "Amo" Silva, and Jackie Anakalea, starters TE Tyler Milton Liana, WR Rancid Evagelia, OL Charles Sataraka, Colin Ka'alele, Mike & Mitch Boyd, and Amos "A.J." White, I would say the Govs ground and pound game should be a force to be reckoned with, but will it be enough to take the Governors back to the OIA Title game. Moved up from the JV ranks, sophomore QB Montana Liana will have a big shoes to fill in the passing game.

Defensively, with the lost of starters, DL's Jerome Fa'amata, Shaikyla Manuo-Timu, Keanu Foki, OLB's Semo Sila, Austin Famui, CB Leland Mitchell, and S Taniela "Daniel" Prescott, the govs defense must rely heavily on the leadership of returning starters, Seniors, DL Vaoatea "Reno" Sagapolu, MLB Aisea Tavai, CB Setefano Lavatai, and back up CB Roger "Tee Boyd.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

OFFENSE:
RB Tyler Taumua (Starter)(Sr)
RB Abraham "Amo" Silva (Sr)
RB Jackie Anakalea (Sr)
WR Francis Evagelia (Starter) (Sr)
WR Joshua Kahakua Teixeira (Sr)
WR Lee-Jensen Mahiai (Sr)
WR Jarrett Silva (Sr)
TE Tyler Milton Liana (Starter) (Sr)
OL Charles Sataraka (Starter) (Sr)
OL Colin Ka'alele (Starter) (Sr)
OL Michael Boyd (Starter) (Sr)
OL Mitchell Boyd (Starter) (Sr)
OL Amos "A.J." White (Starter) (Sr)
OL Lance Gregory Nunes (Sr)
OL Moses Galu (Sr)
OL Tommy Epwer (Sr)
K Shanell Atabay Corello (Sr)

DEFENSE:
DL Vaoatea "Renno" Sagapolu (Starter) (Sr)
DL Breiden Fehoko (Soph)
MLB Aisea Tavai (Starter) (Sr)
OLB Manly "Pumba" Williams (Jr)
CB Setefano Lavatai (Starter) (Sr)
CB Roger "Tee" Boyd (Jr)

OVER ALL:

22 Returning Players 11 Starters. 18 loss to graduation 11 where starters.

Overall my predictions are the Governors will finish 2nd or 3rd in East conference play. Offensively, It will be a repeat of the "09 season when RB Harry Tuimaseve was the leading rusher in the state. That year the Governors hardly had any kind of passing threat and relied heavily on the running game to carry them through out the season. They returned to bother the OIA and State Semi-Finals, but came up short when the ground game was stuffed. If the Govs can establish a passing game, there running game will open up even more and all there running backs will be no#1, 2, an 3 leading rushers in the state. The last decade, Farrington was always known for there scrappy no holds bar defense. With minimum, starters returning, it will be up to some of the upcoming JV players to fill in the missing pieces. The Govs will struggle defensively, but hopefully not giving up to much point. Playing catch up is hard to do when a team relies heavily on there running game.

So there you have it folks, I will be stopping by Kahuku sometime this week to see how fhere doing with spring ball. If you know something about a high school football team for the spring, please feel free to share some updates. Mahalo.
Last edited by polywarrior4life on Tue May 22, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI