Let's talk Soccer

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
runitout
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Let's talk Soccer

Post by runitout »

Why isn't the HHSAA more concerned about the officiating at High School Soccer games/tournaments? As an athletic trainer I've seen players get kicked and tackled deliberatly, lying on the ground in obvious pain for minutes without any stoppage in game. Concussions are a common occurance, do to officials not willing to card players and control the game from the beginning. I've never seen so many kids getting injured during games as in this season. Just watching the playoffs, you notice so many of the girls wearing protective headbands do to concussion. These plalyers count on the refs to control the game and card those players who are being physical and not playing the ball. Unfortunately as seen in the playoffs on t.v. this is still not being addressed and I wonder why the HHSAA isn't more worried about this. After all this is not Football, these kids have no helmets and pads to protect them from serious injury. Injuries happen in any sport, but it is the responsibility of those adults who have the power to prevent serious injuries from happening to do their job!

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Let's talk Soccer

Post by tangomike »

+1000

runitout
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by runitout »

Why was there absolutely no coverage of the OIA Boys Soccer Tournament? I guess you have to be Punahou, Iolani or Kamehameha to rate any coverage in the Star-Advertiser. I'm hoping they at least have something about the OIA DI Championship game that was played tonight in the Sunday paper.

runitout
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by runitout »

why wasn't #9 from Kamehameha given a red card in the game against Kaiser. Watched the game on t.v. and could not believe how many bad calls the refs were making against Kaiser. The center ref was giving Kaiser cards for little or no infractions and Kamehameha with the obvious fouls only got warnings most of the time. I hope the Championship game has better refs. calling the game.