Iuta Tepa

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Iuta Tepa

Post by RedZone »

Sportsbow wrote:I'm not surprised! I took his name off my list 3-days ago!
I noticed that. I figured he would be gone, history and yesterdays news too.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

pikachu
Starter
Starter
MLB: Angels
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Raiders

Post by pikachu »

tangomike wrote:i can't believe he was a silent commit for ucla. that kind of pisses me off and i no longer wish him well. UH offered him, he committed to us and then he became a silent commit to another school.

maybe im over reacting, i hope that he had let the UH coaches know and that he was silent to everyone else at least that would be cool, i really hope thats what he did.
You can't let coaches from another school know you are a silent commit, otherwise it is no longer a silent commit.
"I'm coming back, I will return, and I'll possess your body and I'll make you burn; I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take its course" -- "Number of the Beast" Iron Maiden

bowfan
Starter
Starter

Post by bowfan »

pikachu wrote:
tangomike wrote:i can't believe he was a silent commit for ucla. that kind of pisses me off and i no longer wish him well. UH offered him, he committed to us and then he became a silent commit to another school.

maybe im over reacting, i hope that he had let the UH coaches know and that he was silent to everyone else at least that would be cool, i really hope thats what he did.
You can't let coaches from another school know you are a silent commit, otherwise it is no longer a silent commit.
What's the point of a silent commit? To be able to trip other schools you're not interested in?

tomboahi
High-quality H20 provider

Post by tomboahi »

bowfan wrote:I've been reading that guys blog for a while now and it was mentioned that Tepa was a silent commit (he didn't say his name but sure gave a lot of clues that it was him) even before the visit to Hawaii. He had no intention to come to Hawaii after UCLA offered.
wow, if he was a silent commit before his UH trip, then that sucks even more. oh well, all the best :cry:

tomboahi

Post by tomboahi »

pikachu wrote:
tomboahi wrote:with tepa and mckay going to UCLA, let's hope they don't offer GDL a grayshirt or something.
Dohn talked about Daily-Lyles yesterday.
With Stan McKay committing and an offer to Iuta Tepa, is UCLA interested in their teammate, LB George Daily-Lyles (Hawaii commit)?
I don't believe UCLA is interested in Daily-Lyles.
Answers, Part X
thanks pikachu. i still feel a little uneasy!

pikachu
Starter
Starter
MLB: Angels
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Raiders

Post by pikachu »

tomboahi wrote:
pikachu wrote:
tomboahi wrote:with tepa and mckay going to UCLA, let's hope they don't offer GDL a grayshirt or something.
Dohn talked about Daily-Lyles yesterday.
With Stan McKay committing and an offer to Iuta Tepa, is UCLA interested in their teammate, LB George Daily-Lyles (Hawaii commit)?
I don't believe UCLA is interested in Daily-Lyles.
Answers, Part X
thanks pikachu. i still feel a little uneasy!
UCLA has a Daily-Lyles sized LB in true frosh Sean Westgate, so that may be why UCLA is not interested.
"I'm coming back, I will return, and I'll possess your body and I'll make you burn; I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take its course" -- "Number of the Beast" Iron Maiden

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

pikachu wrote:
tomboahi wrote:oh well. what's a silent commit?
A silent commit is a recruit that has committed to a school but has not gone public with it. A lot of USC fans think that Te`o is a silent commit to USC.
Don't they say that the "SILENT" ones are the STINKIEST??? :fart: :lol:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/2009/02 ... uff-1.html
By Brian Dohn on February 1, 2009 9:15 AM

Here is the story I wrote on UCLA's newest commit.

Recruiting for the 2009 class is coming to and end, and UCLA is hoping Saturday's non-binding oral commitment from Long Beach Poly defensive end Iuta Tepa is the beginning of a bountiful few days.
Tepa, who was committed to Hawaii, made the decision during a meeting with Bruins coach Rick Neuheisel. He said he already informed Hawaii's staff of his decision.
"I like the system that they run with being able to get up the field,'' Tepa said. "The defensive line coach wants their defensive ends to get the sacks. They need the guys to come off the end, and I think I can do it.''
The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Tepa had 102 tackles and 14 sacks as a senior.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Sportsbow wrote:
pikachu wrote:
tomboahi wrote:oh well. what's a silent commit?
A silent commit is a recruit that has committed to a school but has not gone public with it. A lot of USC fans think that Te`o is a silent commit to USC.
Don't they say that the "SILENT" ones are the STINKIEST??? :fart: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

bowfan
Starter
Starter

Post by bowfan »

Is this a recruiting violation to give a recruit a jersey and helmet while on there visit?

ez8hoppin
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by ez8hoppin »

If they gave it to him to take home and keep, then it is a recruiting violation. But to wear one and take a picture in it is not a violation.
Gunfunnit! Somebody get me toilet paper!