2019 High School Football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2019 High School Football

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Markeke wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:32 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:07 am
Markeke wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:38 pm
@Markeke: Actually, I figured 14 without even knowing where the game will be played. I'm just thinking Kahuku football team, period.
I do agree that gopunahou can't take Kahuku lightly, but genks can. I mean, let's face it: No school will touch St Louis this year.
As for Adolpho, well, will he emerge? Looks like Mililani QB Agbayani has; he had like 230 yds passing, the last game he played.
Well when Mililani was leading Waianae in the 4th, 37-6..York still had Agbayani in tossing 47 yd td to Gibson.?? He got rested when it was 44-6. Umm, that's chancing things. In any case, unfinished business with Mil at Aloha. As for the Kahuku / StL. match up, what can I say. Also you mentioned Kahuku secondary. Kaniho is lights out and the others have lots of experience. Kaniho has faced off Tua,Milton,Taulia,Gabriel,Cordero and Delaura in the past 4 years. That's playing time not bench. In any case he is the best corner in the State. But yes against StL. so many weapons.
@Markeke: Oh, OK; I stand corrected. I think I'm correct that the secondary is the weakest part of Kahuku's D. But, what you're saying is that even so, they don't suck. I'm glad to hear that. That means they have more of a chance against Punahou than I thought, and I do want Kahuku to beat Punahou. Let's hope Kahuku's defensive front-seven can put enough heat on Punahou QB Sagapolutele to cause him to make bad decisions back there; perhaps Kahuku's secondary can pick his pockets a few times. Hopefully Kahuku's front-seven can sack his butt more than a few times, too.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Wow Iolani is running circles around Waipahu right now

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:54 pm Wow Iolani is running circles around Waipahu right now
@genks: Right now I am absolutely disgusted with Waipahu High. Everyone on their team except Failauga (281 rushing yds) sucks. No excuse for all those penalties and turnovers. Everyone on O except Failuaga, sucks. What the hell is wrong with the center? Doesn't he know how the hell to hike the ball to the QB? The HC should have put the backup in. If I sound pissed, I am. I really do not care for Iolani School, and I did not want to see them win, especially on TV. OK, perhaps they would have won no matter what, as they were ranked above Waipahu High. Still, Waipahu stank-out that stadium. Sloppy, incompetent, inept play by everyone on O except Failauga. Waipahu alumni must be pissed.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:06 pm
genks wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:54 pm Wow Iolani is running circles around Waipahu right now
@genks: Right now I am absolutely disgusted with Waipahu High. Everyone on their team except Failauga (281 rushing yds) sucks. No excuse for all those penalties and turnovers. Everyone on O except Failuaga, sucks. What the hell is wrong with the center? Doesn't he know how the hell to hike the ball to the QB? The HC should have put the backup in. If I sound pissed, I am. I really do not care for Iolani School, and I did not want to see them win, especially on TV. OK, perhaps they would have won no matter what, as they were ranked above Waipahu High. Still, Waipahu stank-out that stadium. Sloppy, incompetent, inept play by everyone on O except Failauga. Waipahu alumni must be pissed.
Yeah I think a loss playing a crappy game is much more frustrating than losing and playing your best.

I could be wrong but there was 1 or 2 of those snaps where I thought the qb dropped it. I know the center was really bad but I think the qb just sorta snapped his hands shut without feeling the ball.

I was impressed with Iolani on execution. There is no way they should be able to run the ball when their O line is equal or smaller than Waipahu’s LBs. Also Iolani on defense, where they are so small yet stopping runs.

Not a fan of Iolani but it is impressive seeing a team that’s much much smaller than the opposing team, win in a very physical game.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:31 pm
Yeah I think a loss playing a crappy game is much more frustrating than losing and playing your best.

I could be wrong but there was 1 or 2 of those snaps where I thought the qb dropped it. I know the center was really bad but I think the qb just sorta snapped his hands shut without feeling the ball.

I was impressed with Iolani on execution. There is no way they should be able to run the ball when their O line is equal or smaller than Waipahu’s LBs. Also Iolani on defense, where they are so small yet stopping runs.

Not a fan of Iolani but it is impressive seeing a team that’s much much smaller than the opposing team, win in a very physical game.
@genks: I agree about Marques dropping the ball one or two times. So he sucked, too. That's why I posted that everyone on their O sucked, except Failauga. Failuaga also scored both of Waipahu's TDs. I don't think Iolani's D was as good as you think. Waipahu's RBs were getting into Iolani's secondary and bowling-over the DBs. It was those idiots on Waipahu's O-line who kept committing penalties that negated the rush-yardage. If I were Waipahu's HC, I would bench those idiots on the O-line who kept committing those penalties. I really did not want to see Iolani win, especially by that many points.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:47 pm

@genks: I agree about Marques dropping the ball one or two times. So he sucked, too. That's why I posted that everyone on their O sucked, except Failauga. Failuaga also scored both of Waipahu's TDs. I don't think Iolani's D was as good as you think. Waipahu's RBs were bowling-over Iolani's DBs. It was those idiots on Waipahu's O-line who kept committing penalties that negated the rush-yardage. If I were Waipahu's HC, I would bench those idiots on the O-line who kept committing those penalties.
Yeah Iolani’s defense didn’t exactly stop Waipahu, but they did just enough combined with Waipahu shooting themselves in the foot. If Waipahu just wanted to get Failauga the ball and the snap under center was not working, why not go wildcat?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

genks wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:52 pm
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:47 pm

@genks: I agree about Marques dropping the ball one or two times. So he sucked, too. That's why I posted that everyone on their O sucked, except Failauga. Failuaga also scored both of Waipahu's TDs. I don't think Iolani's D was as good as you think. Waipahu's RBs were bowling-over Iolani's DBs. It was those idiots on Waipahu's O-line who kept committing penalties that negated the rush-yardage. If I were Waipahu's HC, I would bench those idiots on the O-line who kept committing those penalties.
Yeah Iolani’s defense didn’t exactly stop Waipahu, but they did just enough combined with Waipahu shooting themselves in the foot. If Waipahu just wanted to get Failauga the ball and the snap under center was not working, why not go wildcat?
@genks: (Sorry, I was editing my post at the same time you were responding to it.)
It seemed that every time Waipahu's RBs turned-around after a gain, some idiot on the O-line had been flagged for a penalty, and the play had to come back.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Punahou 32, Waianae 0. End of 1st half.

Play the subs now but don’t let what happened against Kapolei last year happen again.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

hawaiibettor
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hawaiibettor »

can anybody stream the game? i cant watch it from the mainland :(

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

One thing I find funny is when I hear Darren Hernandez commentating and him “Critiquing” other teams on what they’re doing bad lol

I know he’s a broadcaster but man Kapolei has enough problems already. Just pick one career and go with it.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Game over, I guess refs and coaches agree that possible malfunction with the lights is a safety issue. Final score 28-0. That sucks. I had a feeling tho, never after the “15 minute delay” they still didn’t come out. When both teams did come out, Cal, Sterling and the refs had a meeting in the middle of the field.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

At least there WAS a game between St. Louis and Kahuku. Remember how disappointed people were when SLS and Mililani didn't play in the regular season last year?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Seven,

1.St.Louis 5-0 beat Kahuku.Game called after halftime. No.2 Punahou next.
2.Punahou 6-0 beat Waianae.
3.Mililani 6-0 St.John Bosco next.
4.Campbell 3-3 beat Kapolei. Move up one place.
5.Kahuku 4-2 lost to St.Louis.Drop one spot. No.10 Kapolei next.
6.Hilo 5-0 Konawaena next.
7.Iolani 5-1 beat Waipahu.Damien next.
8.Moanalua 5-0 Waipahu next. Move up two.
9.Leilehua 5-1 Beat Damien. Rejoin top ten.
10.Kapolei 3-4 lost to Campbell.drop two.

Damien drops out with the loss to Leilehua.Kailua keeps the win streak against the mainland going.Mililani faces St.John Bosco next weekend.The Braves probably snap the streak.

Open head to head standing,

Mililani 5-0
St.Louis 4-0
Punahou 4-0
Kahuku 3-2
Campbell 2-3
Farrington 1-3
Kapolei 1-4
Kamehameha 0-4
Waianae 0-4

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

unpaid wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:15 am Week Seven,

1.St.Louis 5-0 beat Kahuku.Game called after halftime. No.2 Punahou next.
2.Punahou 6-0 beat Waianae.
3.Mililani 6-0 St.John Bosco next.
4.Campbell 3-3 beat Kapolei. Move up one place.
5.Kahuku 4-2 lost to St.Louis.Drop one spot. No.10 Kapolei next.
6.Hilo 5-0 Konawaena next.
7.Iolani 5-1 beat Waipahu.Damien next.
8.Moanalua 5-0 Waipahu next. Move up two.
9.Leilehua 5-1 Beat Damien. Rejoin top ten.
10.Kapolei 3-4 lost to Campbell.drop two.

Damien drops out with the loss to Leilehua.Kailua keeps the win streak against the mainland going.Mililani faces St.John Bosco next weekend.The Braves probably snap the streak.

Open head to head standing,

Mililani 5-0
St.Louis 4-0
Punahou 4-0
Kahuku 3-2
Campbell 2-3
Farrington 1-3
Kapolei 1-4
Kamehameha 0-4
Waianae 0-4
After a head to head meeting with Campbell, I can't believe you moved them above Kahuku. Well yes Kahuku lost against #1 St.Louis and Campbell beat Kapolei.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Markeke,

I can’t believe it makes a hoot to you where I have Campbell and Kahuku ranked.

The OIA is going to get three teams into Open states. Mililani is a lock, and Kahuku and Campbell look better than anyone else left in the OIA.

This will get decided in the end. Let’s see how it turns out.