ashley lelie....more aggressive....i like it...

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
opinionator
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

ashley lelie....more aggressive....i like it...

Post by opinionator »

maybe he should teach timmy chang a thing or two...i didn't think you could teach aggressiveness i thought it was you either have it or you don't, but i like the way he's speaking out, i found this thing on you youtube.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3U99eNH ... ey%20lelie

you have to watch this pancake block by him against the chargers, i don't know about you guys, but i think he has pro-bowl potential, and if he doesn't get traded, i hope jay cutler overtakes jake plummer, if he doesn't get traded...i also found some of his highlight catches http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2xAGyIYDI& ... %20broncos[url]
he should've have had at least a 1000 yards last year if jake plummer wasn't his qb, i also noticed he's working out at in Arizona, (maybe coach ken can comment on this, i think the same facility that rick trained @)....

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Re: ashley lelie....more aggressive....i like it...

Post by uhwarrior23 »

It's about fricking time he said something! Ashley has as much talent as any WR in the league but the fricking qb won't throw him the darn ball! :x Time after time he gets open but plummer will throw the ball elsewhere and when he does throw it to Ashley, he under or over throws him! :evil: Denver needs to get rid of there bad QB or trade Ashley to a team that will make use of his talent!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

seems like half the plays in that vid went to lelie. nice stuff.

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Yeah, he also had the most slow motion video replays during it. Someone should start a thread on thier board and post that vid. I can't believe no one wanted a guy who can do that.

auloa
Starter
Starter

great catches

Post by auloa »

How come he has to jump spin, and go get everything in his catches? Is the qb not good at hitting spots? How come there was no catch in stride and go the distance? I agree with UHW23, I can't believe they wouldn't throw to him more, or better. Am I far off?

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Well those were the "Best" catches which usually means they weren't easy to make because of bad throws, coverage, how close to the sideline showing the feet work, pretty much how they were caught or if they just plain looked spectacular. I think they left out any routine, easy to make catches.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Bottom Line!

Post by SM96753 »

The bottom line is that Plummer's arm is fricken weak! It seems like Lelie is always underthrown to the point where he has to slow down and leap in order to make the catch!

UH-FAN19
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by UH-FAN19 »

I hated Denver before they drafted Lelie, but that’s just because I’m a Raiders fan. That being said like most Hawaii fans I hoped and prayed every year that Denver would start using Ashley more. He is such a great talent with all the tools to succeed. Is Plummer part of the problem, yeah most likely. But also watch their games, on third and longs they don’t put in extra receivers they put in another TE and Rod Smith taking Ashley out of the game, same thing happens in the red zone, also they went out and got another receiver in a trade this year and since they drafted Ashley all they have done is look for a reason to replace him.. Denver has never showed confidence in Ashley from the front office to the QB they all doubt his skills because...because...ahhh hell I don’t know why, maybe the altitude is affecting their brains. PLEASE JUST TRADE THE MAN ALREADY! But sadly I don’t see this happening because as dumb as Denver is they wont trade Ashley for less then what he is worth. And even if they won’t use his skills they know they exist so their going to want some decent compensation for him but no team will make that trade because no one else has seen those skills. Again ALL REASONS I HATE DENVER :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Macnut
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Macnut »

Ash fires his agents!!! They must have gave him bum advice.
No matter what, be happy you still got your health!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Great highlights of Hawaii's very own!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott