Bradshaw donates memorabilia to La Tech

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Starter
Starter

Bradshaw donates memorabilia to La Tech

Post by 1014 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2404158

RUSTON, La. -- Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw, who had a record-setting career at Louisiana Tech before joining the Pittsburgh Steelers, gave his old school a big gift on Monday.

Bradshaw, one of only two quarterbacks in NFL history to win four Super Bowls, donated four rings from Super Bowls IX, X, XIII and XIV, his College Football Hall of Fame ring, his Pro Football Hall of Fame ring, his Hall of Fame bust, four miniature replica Super Bowl trophies, and a helmet and jersey from one of his Super Bowl victories to the school.

"I don't need [these things] to remind me of anything," Bradshaw said. "I played in those games, and that's all the memories I need. All of this memorabilia represents blood, sweat and tears throughout my career, and it's nice to know that there is now a permanent home for it."

The school will display the collection at the Charles Wyly Athletic Center, the four-year-old facility that is home to the Bulldog football team.

Tech Athletic Director Jim Oakes said it will be a couple of months before the design company of Murphy and Orr in Atlanta completes the work to secure the case where the trophies will be housed and that securing the items would be the top priority.

Bradshaw, who received a degree in physical education from Tech in 1970 -- the same year he was named first team Associated Press All-American -- said he hopes the donation will elicit a greater sense of pride in the university.

"When recruits, who think they have to go to the bigger schools like Notre Dame and LSU to be successful, visit this university, I want them to see that they can get a good education and great competition here, just like I did," Bradshaw said. "My four years playing college football were by far the best in my entire athletic career, and I'm just so proud of Tech and the fact that I spent those years here."

Bradshaw's gifts mean far more than the monetary value, coach Jack Bicknell said.

"You can't put a price tag on something like this," Bicknell said. "This is probably the most significant gift of this kind to any program in America, and by probably the best quarterback to ever play the game. It's one thing to say Terry Bradshaw played here, but the fact that you can see that tangibly now will mean so much for years to come."

TemeculaWarrior
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TemeculaWarrior »

Wow, I didn't know that Terry Bradshaw was an ex football player!
Is this the same Terry Bradshaw, the actor, who recently starred, naked, in Failure to Launch?
Why, yes, I do believe that is him.

Yep, I thought so. Maybe he should have saved one of those rings and bought himself some pants?
Actually, the bottoms of one of his old uni's could have come in handy.

In all honesty, he was really funny in that movie.
I cracked up when they showed him in his recently remodeled "Naked Room."

"Your father actually wanted to convert the dining room,
but I told him that anywhere downstairs would be problematic."

Crack me up!!!

TW 8)