Rumble on the Rock 9

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Rumble on the Rock 9

Post by PCBoy »

http://www.rumbleworld.tv/news/index.php?ArticleID=30

Rumble on the Rock 9 Brings First Welterweight World Championship to Honolulu on April 21st
Posted by RWE Staff
Event will showcase final bracket of January’s eight-man tournament, Team Japan vs. Team Hawai‘i and the return of fan-favorite “Butterbean”.

HONOLULU, HAWAI'I - Apr 11, 2006
In an effort to crown its first Welterweight Champion, Rumble on the Rock (ROTR) and parent company Rumble World Entertainment (RWE) will bring to the Blaisdell Center Arena the remaining leg of January’s Eight-Man Welterweight World Championship Tournament. Fighters will compete to win ROTR’s Welterweight World Title Belt. The event will be held on Friday, April 21 at the Blaisdell Center Arena, doors will open at 6:30pm and the show starts at 7:30pm.

Promoters have planned a triple threat showdown for their World Championship event. In addition to the championship semi-finals and finals, RWE has put together a Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) card that pits Team Hawai‘i against Team Japan. Hawai‘i’s favorite Eric “Butterbean” Esche will also return to compete in the ROTR cage against former Toughman champion and WWE superstar Aaron "HardKore Kidd" Aguilera.

Semi-finals and Finals Welterweight Tournament Lineup:
Jake Shields (USA) vs Yushin Okami (JAPAN)
Frank Trigg (USA) vs Carlos Condit (USA)

Alternate Tournament Welterweight Contenders:
Brandon Wolff (USA) vs Josh MacDonald (USA)

Superfight:
(Heavyweight) Eric “Butterbean” Esche vs Aaron "HardKore Kidd" Aguilera

Team Hawai‘i vs Team Japan:
(Welterweight) Brendon Wolff vs Sotoyama Shinpei
(Welterweight) Ray "Braddah" Cooper vs Koji Yoshida
(Welterweight) Renato “Charuto” Verissimo vs Kuniyoshi Hironaka
(Heavyweight) Scott Junk vs Hideki Tadao
(Heavyweight) Wesley “Cabbage” Correira vs Kazuhiro Hamanaka

Preliminary Bout:
(Welterweight) Steve Byrnes vs Matt Knaub

MMA rules will be honored and all bouts will be held in ROTR’s octagon cage.

Tickets to the event range from $35 to $300 and can be purchased by visiting Ticketmaster.

A press conference will be held on Wednesday, April 19 where media will have the opportunity to interview fighters. Location of the press conference to be announced at a later date. Weigh-ins will be held at Dave and Buster’s in Honolulu’s Victoria Ward Center in the second-floor showroom at 6pm. The event is free and open to the public.

ROTR fans who cannot attend the April 21st event will have the unique opportunity to watch the event the next day via Internet Pay-Per-View. RWE’s newest venture, the Internet-based RumbleVision has proven to be wildly popular among fans, allowing enthusiasts to purchase their favorite fights via the RumbleVision website for a nominal fee.

I'm one of Steve Byrnes sponsors so I'll be there. Does anyone want me to post live results? If theres enough interest, I'll think about it.

eyelandboy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by eyelandboy »

Looks like a good card...
Looking forward to the Welterweight Tourney.

Trigg/Condit fight looks great.

AreaCode808
All-American
All-American

Post by AreaCode808 »

wow that guy that cabbage is going to fight looks quick. could be a 1st round fight.