Japan Wins WBC #1

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Japan Wins WBC #1

Post by browndog »

USA with ARod, Lidge, Jeter, Chipper. . .
Dominican Republic with Tejada, Pujols. . .
Cuba?
Mexico?
Puerto Rico with Pudge. . .

How about Ichiro led Japan. Who would-a thunk it? \:D/

BigWave96744

Re: Japan Wins WBC #1

Post by BigWave96744 »

browndog wrote:USA with ARod, Lidge, Jeter, Chipper. . .
Dominican Republic with Tejada, Pujols. . .
Cuba?
Mexico?
Puerto Rico with Pudge. . .

How about Ichiro led Japan. Who would-a thunk it? \:D/
Frick imagine if Hideki "Godzilla" Matsui played :o

TemeculaWarrior
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TemeculaWarrior »

The United States World Series should now be referred to as the MLBCS, which, more appropriately, stands for the Major League Baseball Championship Series.

Anyone know what the team payroll was for the Japanese (winners?)
I expect that the Team USA payroll was probably well over twenty trillion dollars... per player, per inning.

Baseball players should be paid on commission, for their results, not their efforts, or their good looks...?!? In my opinion, that is.

TW 8)

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by PCBoy »

They should have made it a series type of tournament instead of one game. I know time would be a factor but a 6-0 Korea team loses to a 3-3 Japan team and their out?

BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

I agree. The timing wasen't good for the American either. Plus, when your team goes out, it's hard to stay intrested in the other teams. I was bumed when the Azzurri (Italia) went out, though I knew they wouldn't do well. Then the US, loosing to America Jr. and Mexico, what the hell? That's embarrasing! Only reason why I watched part of the final was to check out the japaneese chicks in the stands, but I must say, thoes Japaneese pitchers are impressive, I hope the Yankees look into some of them.

Looks like they're trying to build the game into baseball's version of the World Cup (soccer) but they have to get more nations involved. Baseball needs to build as a sport internationally before it (the WBC) can truly become a world wide success.
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!